Welcome to Civilization Fanatics' Center.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to our site features. By joining our free community, you will be able to participate in the discussions, search the forum, send private messages, vote in polls, upload your own screenshots to the gallery, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so sign up today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.
|Feb 03, 2005, 06:21 AM||#1|
Clashing of Empires - A standard map version of Rhye's Civilization Expanded
This BIQ I put up here is a "version"
of Rhye's great mod playing on Earth with history as accurate as possible.
to play it, RoC and RoX are needed
Rhye's RoCX plays on a huge map with 31 nations.
Many of us love it, and it has way fast loading times.
Well, relatively, that is to say.
Clashing of Empires (CoE) offers an alternative:
to play Rhye's on STANDARD sized map, with 15 civilizations
Beside the changing (fastening) of speed,
it might be interesting to see how world history goes when empires shape it.
CoE has wonders with new meaning and assigned to be
civ-specific until the industrial age.
The game has a fully updated Civilopedia
CoE v4 is released.
There was serious testing to make this version a real cleaned up one!
There are changes for the Roman wonders,
and there's a NEW (small) wonder called CHRISTIANITY
for the African and American civs!
I strongly advise to check next post about all the changes in detail.
After unzipping, put the CoE v4 folder under ...\Scenarios.
The BIQ file from the CoE v4 folder should be moved also directly
in the ...\Scenarios folder.
(v32 is removed after 325 downloads)
last updated on May 7, 2005
Rhye, many thanks for RoCX, the seed and base of all this effort!
Last edited by V. Soma; May 07, 2005 at 12:37 AM.
|Feb 03, 2005, 06:32 AM||#2|
Change log from v100 to v200
The main changes:
- The game now plays 400 turns
- The three American civs now meet at the start
(Incan and Iroquois boat at Mayan shore)
- Goody huts added: 3 for India, 2 for the three African civ and Japan,
1 for the European civs
- Goody huts deleted in all America
- Mongol UU keshik now has attack value 4 only
- Adjusted land and starting location of Babylon
(to have Jerusalem and an Arabian city)
- Adjusted land and starting location of Ethiopia
(because of Babylon changes)
- Adjusted China’s land and also starting place (closer to Japan, on coast)
- Japan gets a starting boat to meet China
- Adjusted Maya starting place to guide AI setling
- Adjusted land and resources in „Greece” to enhance Roman settling
- Adjusted tiles in Hispanian penninsula so there’s place for 3 cities there
- Gallic swordsman now upgrades (to colonial inf.)
- Adjusted Indian land (so not to expand borders to Arabia)
- Adjusted Joruban land
- Changed two Japan volcanos to mountains
- Adjusted Mayan resources (to guide AI setling)
- Changed desert to plain in „Chile” to allow Inca-Maya connection
- Adjusted sea and ocean tiles (outlook reasons)
- Deleted and rearranged barbs in Europe, America and Babylon
- Barbs to set borders btw Joruba and Ethiopia, and btw Inca and Maya
- Barb. galleys to defend the Caribbean, also to eliminate starting boats
- Barb. galleys at Australia (to allow later colonization)
Changes from v200 to v201
- Rome gets (back) a starting scout boat to meet Carthage
- Celts get a starting scout boat to meet Scandinavia
- Zulu, Joruba and Ethiopia can have scouts built
- changed a wheat in South-America (Inca) to later wheat
- changed one hill to poor hill at Mayan starting place
- changed a poor grassland at Iroquois start into bonus grassland
- changed all poor plains into normal plains in the British Isles
- improved the poor iron hill at Rome up to normal
- Carthage gets four improved plains at North-African sea shore
- dyes given to Alexandria (Carthage)
- changed a mountain into hill for Carthage in the west end of coast
- China gets two improved hill and one improved plain
- changed a hill into desert at SE of Kaspi Sea
- Mongolia gets one hill and four plains improved
- erased the northern goody hut of India
- erased the northern goody hut of Japan
- moved Roman goody hut near to capital
- moved the Scandinavian goody hut near to capital
- Rome gets another goody hut
- Carthage gets a goody hut near starting place
- one plus goody hut given to Iroquois, Zulu, Joruba
- fixed Ethiopian leaderhead when played by human
Changes from v201 to v3
- NEW WONDERS SCHEME (see tables on page 6)
- fixed starting units of AI
- Mongol keshik has attack „5” (again)
- One city cultural victory point: 12 000
- Total cultury victory point: 33 000
- Domination victory: both population and terrain 33%
- Changed aggressiveness of Babylon to level 1
- Changed aggressiveness of Ethiopia to level 1
- Changed aggressiveness of Rome to level 1
- Deleted MANY barbs in Western-Europe
- Deleted barbs in African jungle
- Replaced goody hut in Arabia to the mountain
- Replaced goody huts for Zulus near cities
- Deleted Rome’s starting boat
- Carthage gets a starting scout boat at Rome
- Moved Rome’s iron directly to the capital
- Rome as city gets wines
- Moved an other wine of Rome a tile
- Celts get another furs
- Babylon gets another wine at Susa
- India gets an incense
- Scandinavia gets another horse
- Babylon: one hill turned poorer
- Carthage gets a plain improved
- Carthage’s elephant moved to capital
- Ethiopia gets incense at starting place
- Ethiopian resorces and terrain rearranged a bit
- Joruba is not having religious trait
- Rome gets scientific, industrial, commercial traits
- China gets scientific trait
- Mongolia gets expansionist trait
- Celts get commercial trait
- Scandinavia gets expansionist trait
- Babylon is NOT industrious nor commercial
- Changed build orders for many civs
Change log from v3 to v31
NOW THE GAME HAS UPDATED CIVILOPEDIA
- Privateers move changed in accordance with others (2/3 of original)
- corrected spec. terrain moves for some UUs
- corrected some king units
- Scandinavia gets Eastern Orthodoxy (gives happiness with Christianity)
- India's iron moved a tile to be in city radius
- India gets elephants
Change log from v31 to v32
- UNIT-GIVING WONDERS
Terracotta, Crusades, Holy War, Slave Trade now give the proper unit (again...)
- CULTURE from certain Wonders changed:
Academy: from 6 to 5
Pax Romana: from 5 to 2
Leaning Tower: from 4 to 2
Temple of Odin: from 3 to 2
St. Peter’ Basilica: from 6 to 5
Eastern Orthodoxy: from 6 to 8 (yes, raised)
replaced v31's atomic bombs to camel riders (as it was...)
Japan now can have knight as regular unit besides the samurai
all urban militia now upgrades to partisan as was intended
Change log from v32 to v4
Carthage’s elephant now correctly gives Golden Age
Zulu get scout boat to meet Joruba at start
the Mongol mangudai now has move 3 and blitz
replaced starting ships for civs and barbs alike (it went wrong in v32)
additional starting worker for Rome, Zululand and Japan
lots of European barbs cleared
- GEOGRAPHY / TILES
Celts have a new starting position (to allow AI more cities)
changed geography of Ireland, Cote d’Azur in France, Corsica, Italy
now there is an additional settling tile in Scandinavia
resources adjusted in Carthage and Celt area
improved China and Zulu tiles quality
- AI AGGRESSIVENESS
AI aggression lowered for Celts and Rome
there is a new (small) wonder called Christianity
(it gives happiness for African and American civs)
corrected all wonders to give the proper unit
Temple of Baal now can be built in North-Africa (Carthage)
Newton’s University can be built only in Britain (Celts)
Leaning Tower now comes with Humanism
Pax Romana doesn’t give lowered corruption
I most welcome any feedback on the game,
I hope to shape it so it will be really a matching version of its
big brother - Rhye's Civ.
Last edited by V. Soma; May 07, 2005 at 01:13 AM.
|Feb 03, 2005, 06:36 AM||#3|
Here are the 15 civilizations, the empires:
(Japan and Far-East)
|Feb 03, 2005, 09:05 AM||#6|
Yesterday I spent time tuning the strength of Carthage...
They seemed too strong...
While this mod is not a Rome scenario, history is what it is:
Ancient age has its conflicts evolving - and the Mediterranean is stirring...
Here is the strength of Hannibal
- after seeing this I lessened Carthage's strength:
Last edited by V. Soma; Feb 07, 2005 at 08:53 AM.
|Feb 03, 2005, 09:10 AM||#7|
On the above map, city names are not yet correct
(hope it works more or less fine in the file now exists).
Well, I try to make good guesses what the AI does for the fist 4-5 cities.
Rome must have been put to the north, because otherwise there would be no chance for another city in Italia and the second city would not be in Greece...
I hav placed barbarians to give clues to the AI as to where to go and to give each civs kind of equal space.
This version of Rhye's is historical, as of timeline going,
but not so much as civ strengths.
I plan to give civs equal strenghts more or like,
otherwise it would be Rome or Scandinavia winning all the time...
|Feb 03, 2005, 04:21 PM||#8|
Join Date: Nov 2004
awesome soma. as much as ROCX improves the huge-map gaming experience, i, personally, still like smaller maps/games.
i'm a bit tied up with other (RL) things, but i hope to give this a run through in the next couple weeks
"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." -- Tyrion Lannister, George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones
|Feb 04, 2005, 01:08 AM||#9|
Now the BIQ file is up there in the opening post!
I consider it the real working Beta (debug mode, map revealed),
as I have corrected unit inaccuracies.
Further news is that now there are TWO Unique Units for each civs, too.
Carthage now is weakened in a sense that
numidian mercenary is now a defensive unit with 2/3/1,
also some tiles in their land is poorer.
Needs checking in tests!
Timeline also needs checking, if we see that AI wars start too late
i.e. only at the very end of ancient age, maybe all civs should get stronger...
Now the game is calibrated to have 440 turns,
though only ancient age length is tested (ca. 200 turns).
|Feb 05, 2005, 03:02 AM||#17|
Join Date: Dec 2001
Maccaby shouldn't go to Ethiope !
They are Jew unit, so if you want them in they should go to Babilon. Israel is great deal more related to Babilon than Ethiope. Ethiope can get or some kinde of advanced spearman or even better "Russan Volunteer" later in the medieval/Industrial age (it could be former cossak or some kinde of improved riflemen), related to a lot of Russian volunteers in Abissinia-Italia war.
Second China UU : China was was never famous for its cavalry. So I'd suggest give China Turtle Ship instead (India never was a great naval power, but China was), and to India Korean Hwacha instead and rename it to "war rockets" (Indians used a lot of rockets in combat befor England conquer them)
Rename Romans to Bizant or Greek-Romans ? ( becuase of hoplite)
Last edited by s3d; Feb 05, 2005 at 03:18 AM.
|Feb 06, 2005, 11:01 AM||#18|
Join Date: May 2003
Shouldn't Rome's Starting location be a little further south?
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains. --Crash Davis
|Feb 06, 2005, 12:09 PM||#19|
Join Date: May 2003
Playing a game as Rome, and I noticed a unit mistake. Rome gets a Hoplite as a UU, but they also get a spearman which it was supposed to replace.
I noticed when opening the editor that many if not most of the upgrade paths of the units are unfortunately broken. Some civs get both their UU and the unit they replace, and some do not have functioning upgrade paths. (Rome's warriors cannot upgrade at all, nor can their Archers).
The map looks great, the units just need a little work.
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains. --Crash Davis
Last edited by Barak; Feb 06, 2005 at 12:26 PM.
|Feb 07, 2005, 01:27 AM||#20|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded - PART II||Rhye||Civ3 - Completed Modpacks||1791||May 21, 2013 05:43 AM|
|New map for Civilization 3 version 1.07f||star_trek5||Civ3 - User-created Maps||7||Mar 06, 2011 11:32 PM|
|Alagaesia Map for Rhye's of Civilization||Farsight||Civ3 - User-created Maps||8||Feb 04, 2009 09:36 AM|
|Does anyone have a version of Rhye's 180x180 map without LM terrain?||Varlin Saliptor||Civ3 - Creation & Customization||1||Nov 06, 2005 04:58 PM|
|Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded||Rhye||Civ3 - Completed Modpacks||6000||Feb 12, 2005 08:02 PM|