New unit: Centigor - a chaos centaur (Feb 10th, 2005)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!

Here is a chaos centaur called Centigor. Enjoy :)

Here's some civilopedia info copy-pasted from the Games Workshop website:
Centigors are a disturbing cross between four-legged creatures, such as horses and oxen, and the bipedal beasts of Chaos, merged together by the warping powers of the Wastes some time in ages past. They possess the hindquarters and forelegs of their quadruped ancestors, granting them great speed and strength, but the upper body of a humanoid with which they wield brutal weapons.

Strong of limb and fleet of foot, These Beast-centaurs are powerful creatures. However, they are not especially agile, and while they have great strength they lack the dexterity to manipulate objects with any skill or control. Centigors are bitter and spiteful, resenting their awkward nature, and harbor a deep jealousy of creatures whose minds and bodies are better matched. Centigors live on the northern and eastern edges of the forests of the Old World, where the trees reluctantly yield to the sparse grasslands of the Northern Wastes. They are nomadic, without settlements or even encampments of any kind, finding what little protection they need in the lee of cliffs and natural rock shelters. Often they will join the warband of a Chaos Champion, for the rewards of violence and plunder from such an allegiance are great.

Here are the files:
Centigor

Attached are some animation and civilopedia previews

Attachments

• CentigorCivilop.gif
    CentigorCivilop.gif
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,374
  • CentigorDemo.gif
    CentigorDemo.gif
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,841
Looks great, aaglo! The stuff you churn out is nothing short of amazing.

Holy frig... Wow that's good. It's immensely life like, especially for POV Ray! Before you started turning all these foot/mounted/self-mounted units out I thought it wouldn't be possible to do GOOD creature units with POV-Ray. Clearly I was wrong there.

:goodjob: says it all.

you will make a warhammer convert out of me yet aaglo ;)

Salamat!!! :D

RRnut said:
oo! Marming Salamat!

(many thanks)!!!

Your up one on me, didn't know that first word. But then my wife's been trying to teach me Tagalog for over a year and I haven't learned much at all... :D

Steel General said:
Your up one on me, didn't know that first word. But then my wife's been trying to teach me Tagalog for over a year and I haven't learned much at all... :D

I was wondering how you knew... :) I lived over there about 15 years... but, back OT,

ito ay isa sa pinakamagandang units na nakita ko! :)

(This is one of the prettiest units I've ever seen!)

:lol:

Damn mrtn, I liked those old legs better. There's something funky about the front legs in the run animation, it's as if they had scubadiving flippers on them and the Centigor throws them limply in front of him. Or something.

That being said, it's a fantastic unit nevertheless. Great job.

Mrtn was the one who lobbied for the changes in the legs. Therefore I blame him for convincing aaglo to temper with a pair of perfectly fine legs.

@Drift: You're just a sissy who don't dare complain on aaglos (IYO) crappy work, so you take it out on me instead. :p

That said I'm not so fond of the flipper-throwing either. :blush:

Nice :D

I think the run looks fine... He's loping along looking for Humans to eat. Or I could say 'you made your bed now lie in it' :p

Well if he was supposed to be awkward he looks perfect. From the background info it seems as if the run animation is perfect, but without reading the background, it is a bit funny to see. Actually it's funny anyway.

Drift said:
Mrtn was the one who lobbied for the changes in the legs. Therefore I blame him for convincing aaglo to temper with a pair of perfectly fine legs.
Ok... I thought you had confused aaglo with mrtn... Like i confused aaglo with muffins once... :mischief:

Top Bottom