New unit: Ork Kannon (Feb 16th, 2005)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!
Here's an orky heavy support gun for Warhammer 40K -mod. Enjoy :)
Civilopedia (from games workshop)
"Big gunz are batteries of crude Orkish artillery manned by a swarm of Grot slaves. They are used to pound enemy lines into submission and knock out tanks from a distance while the ferocious mobs of Boyz close in to butcher the enemy infantry in hand-to-hand combat."

here are the files:
Ork Kannon

Attached are some previews of the animations & civilopedia

Attachments

• OrkKannonCivilop.gif
    OrkKannonCivilop.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,241
  • OrkKannonDemo.gif
    OrkKannonDemo.gif
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,596
And yet another excellent unit aaglo :D

Plotinus said:
I don't know how Steel General knew that when both files have no views, but it's certainly good. Maybe he's going on past form! Although - is that an Ork in a *dress*??

I had no trouble viewing the 2 preview files.

Great unit, aaglo. I like that death animation in particular. Good stuff. :)

Great unit aaglo! :) Now all we need is a Lobba and a Zzap Gun...

Edit: I just noticed you already made the Lobba... But we still need the Zzap Gun... :)

Could you do a version of this without the Orc pushing it? It would do well as a WW1 sort of artillery piece, plus without the guy pushing it it could be used for anything, not just Orcs.

Nice :D The different wheel was a good idea... Although it might have looked better if more of the cannon looked patched together from different parts. The plates on the front don't really show up as seperate plates at civ-scale. Maybe have one of the guards larger or shaped differently. Anyway it is an excellent unit and I'm not asking you to fix anything... I'm just rambling... And you work too hard anyway.

big gun= fun

new aaglo unit= fun

new aaglo unit+ big gun= jumping for joy!

:goodjob:

This thing reminds me a lot of WW1 artillery, in the hands of an Orc it must be the most terrifying thing since the smell of rotten eggs was discovered!

Top Bottom