Reference: Resource Maps

yoshi

Emperor
I’ve scanned resource maps for all the continents (except Antarctica) in order to aid mapmakers in the placement of resources when creating Earth maps. The files are large because of the resolution required to capture smaller details on the maps.

(Note that in addition to resources, the maps also include data on land use.)

The source material also contains physical, climactic, political, population, vegetation and rainfall maps, as well as detailed country maps. (I haven’t posted them, as they would take up too much memory—obviously, in the case of country maps—and there are plenty of political and topographical world maps online. If you really need the other data, PM me.)

Download:

http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/misc/Resource_Maps.zip

Size: 17.33 MB

Contains the following files:

Africa (Resources).jpg (2.26 MB)
Asia (Resources).jpg (2.35 MB)
Australia (Resources).jpg (1.58 MB)
Europe (Resources).jpg (5.96 MB)
North America (Resources).jpg (2.76 MB)
South America (Resources).jpg (2.43 MB)

Source:

1995 Oxford Encyclopedic World Atlas

Excellent collection, but this should be in the C&C forum - maybe in one of the stickied research threads...

btw, you need to remove the "..." and retype the text that it replaces, else the link won't work. That's the drawback to cutting & pasting long links.

If you could fix the link you'd make me happy... I need this... :)

Tell me how it works out.

Will try to get the thread stickied.

If you DL the maps, could you post an opinion here? I would just like to know how helpful it is.

thanks for the reference since you said antarctica I just had to say that antarctica has coal deposits but I have know clue were they are.

Top Bottom