TOMO2 - Semi-OCC

Tomoyo

Fate
Since Tomo1 died, and my Ank games have finished, I'll start a new SG.

Patch: 1.22 C3C
Level: Demigod (up for debate, though)
Variant: Continental OCC - more on it later
Civilization: Byzantines
Water: 70%
Map Type: Archipelago
Size: Standard
Temperature: Temperate
Climate: Normal
Barbarians: Roaming
Rivals: Random
AI Aggression: Normal
Victory Condition: All are enabled.
Culturally linked starts: Off
Respawn: Off
Preserve Random Seed: On
Cultural Conversion: On
Scientific Leaders: On

The Variant:

Continental OCC: We may never have any city other than our capital on our starting continent. We may build as many cities as we want everywhere else. We may never move our palace, however.

The Roaster:
Tomoyo
Bede
Admiral Kutzov
Cuivienen
Whomp

The Roster:
Tomoyo
Admiral Kutzov
Whomp
Bede
Cuivienen

The rules:

(Plagarized from LKendter)
The following tactics are PROHIBITED:

RoP Abuse Tactics - Denying resources, blocking key tiles, RoP rape, or other ways to screw-up a civ via the RoP. A scout in AI territory has an explicit RoP and is subject to this rule.

Peace Treaty abuse - If you get concessions from the AI you must wait for the 20 turns to end before declaring another war.

Resource abuse - You can't disconnect / reconnect a resource every turn for the sake of building cheap units to upgrade with excess cash.

Ship chaining exploit - you can move a ship, unload troops to another ship in the same square not using any movement, move that ship, etc. This allows you to ship an indefinite distance, and that is why I consider it an exploit.

The negative science exploit - you can run a huge deficit (-250 / turn) of negative cash with a token penalty of one lost worker / cheap building. If cash will go below zero, the research level must be dropped.

Palace Jump - You abandon the capital city to move the palace to a new location. If you want to move the palace, build a new palace.

Mass troop jumping - You can't give away a give a city to transport a large amount of troops to another landmass.

Worker baiting - You can't spread around and sacrifice workers to an oncoming attack. This is often done to avoid losing real units or cities. This takes advantage of the AI failure to prioritize targets.

I'm in. I warned you. ;) Like #1. River, BGs and hut. 1st island is about getting a productive city, not expansion, right?

I'll take the shillin', Cmdr Tomoyo.

Order of preference for starts as pictured:

Although I see why Bede wants number two, I'm leaning towards start three. It's more towards the center, which gives us more chance to get some offshore colonies that aren't tundra towns.

Mine order of preference is #3, #2, #1.

Welcome, both.

I like cows....but #3 makes more sense from a geo-political perspective, otherwise its kinda of bland.

I know your infatuation with intelligence Adm, but a barb hut can at best give us maps, and since they don't know how to row yet.........

We might build a few settlers while we're waiting for Galleys, but I think we should approach this like a regular OCC, and get the Colossus. We do not need growth than badly, and it would be easier with a non-cow start (yes, I know we can just slow growth with the cow). #3 seems that it has more land tiles for a better city eventually, and it looks to have more river tiles. It's only missing the food bonus.

I'll join, and I agree with Tomoyo that Start 3 is probably the best in the long run. It's just more central on the map.

We have one vote for #1, one for #2, and two for #3. I'll wait until tomorrow, and if no one else joins by then (about noon Eastern US time), I'll start this with #3.

Could I join in?

Welcome, Whomp.

With that, here's our roster, and if you want to change it, let me know:

Tomoyo <-- UP!
Admiral Kutzov <-- On deck
Whomp
Bede
Cuivienen

EDIT: :wallbash: What start are we going to play? Whomp hasn't voted yet.

I like #3 as well

4000BC (0): I settle on the spot. Reveals a goody hut. Not good. I will work the worker away from the hut.

I go for Pottery at Max because we'll want a granary, and it's a required tech for Map Making and our Dromons.

3750BC (5): Warrior --> Warrior. Send warrior north.

3700BC (6): Warrior spots dyes within reasonable range.

3550BC (9): Warrior --> Curragh. Fortify warrior because the hut will pop next turn.

3500BC (10): The hut pops Ceremonial Burial!!! [dance] I can send the other warrior to explore.

3450BC (11): Meet the Sumerians. They are up Pottery, but down Alphabet and Ceremonial Burial. We will get Pottery next turn anyway, so no trade.

3400BC (12): Pottery --> Writing at MAX. We can make a serious dent with max, since we're size two, and already the reaserch time has been dented.

3350BC (13): Curragh --> Curragh

3150BC (17): Curragh --> Warrior

3050BC (19): Warrior --> The Colossus

3000BC (20): Meet the Aztecs.

Notes to the next player:
- I left it up to you to do the trading. Sumeria has Masonry and the Aztecs have Warrior Code. Both are down Alphabet and Ceremonial Burial.
- If possible, keep Alphabet to ourselves.
- Aztec island looks tempting, but can we get there before the Aztecs settle all of it?

The save

Sorry PP. A great crew to run with so I couldn't pass it up.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Tomo2_AK_2550_BC.SAV

Our opponents are Sumeria, Celts, Iroquois, Aztecs, Germans, Chinese, Portugese

Recon: no changes. AI isn't willing to talk unless we bring in Alpha

IT: Gil learns CB

2550: Alpha to Monte for 35g + WC. Alpha + WC to Gil for masonry + 2 workers +10g

2850 IT: Our warrior defeats a barb

2800: sight dark blue borders

2710: meet Otto

2670: traade Otto Masonry for the Wheel and 35g

2550: nothing further

Gil is up Myst. He'll give it up for Wheel and 1gpt. Will leave to next player. Sorry about the lost crayon monopoly.

Note: We are playing 15 turns each until we actually get to do something other than watch stuff get built and explore. If you want to play 5 more turns, do so, but if not, we can continue.

Tomoyo
Admiral Kutzov <-- Just played
Whomp <-- UP!
Bede <-- Preparing his scrolls
Cuivienen

Top Bottom