Get Rid of Those Useless Polar Caps

Pounder

Phaethon was here

This is probably the easiest mod I've done. Those polar caps never connect to anything and you can't walk on them.

This is for Snoopy's Standard terrain. (download post #1)
Rhye's Version (download post #5)
New Sept 9, 2005 No More Bonus Food and Shield Markers (download on Post #13)

Goes in:

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\Terrain

Don't forget to backup original in case you want them back.

Attachments

• polarICEcaps-final.pcx
    187.9 KB · Views: 1,260
Thx. Great idea...

Yoda Power said:
Hey nice, could you mkae some for Rhyes terrain too?
Here is a Rhye Version.

For those who use Rhye's Terrain as the default terrain set.

Warning: Do not use this with Rhye's scenario's that uses Rhye's World Map because Rhye has tried to make them look connected to the regular terrain.

So this is intended mostly for random maps that use Rhye's Terrain Set.

If you do use Rhye's Terrain as the default, you would want to move a copy of Rhye's original Polar Caps into his scenario folder.

Attachments

• rhye version.zip
    93 KB · Views: 372
great work! quick question though...does this mod allow one to add terrain where the polar ice caps used to be (like in civ 2), or does it just make the squares where the caps used to be invisible?

again, great work!

i have seen someone color the ice caps like tundra so that it blends in with northern land masses.

Rhye said:
it's me. Look Rhye's of Civilization
i thought it was you. i have had ur mod for a while and i had the origional a while before that. i tweak it a little bit but almost everything stays the same. i mainly tweak blitz attribute for some units (add mostly) and change some air/artillery stats. check out my mod (link in my sig).

I don't like having the markers that show the bonus shields and food.

Even when you disable them in the preferences they still have a marker show up to mark the bonus grassland tiles, these markers are not always accurate, depending where you are in the game (government et al), plus they show up and disturb other graphics (what's that white glob on the side of that resource).

This is a clean tnt file that will not display anything regardless of what you choose in the preferences.

BTW, thought I would post it here rather than start a new thread, maybe make this the NO MORE thread.

Goes in the art/terrain folder. Remember to backup your original file.

Attachments

• tnt.pcx
    8 KB · Views: 447
yea i did something like this but didnt bother to release, it makes maps much nicer to look at imo

AnsarKing101 said:
:confused: Polar Ice Caps? Care to point it out please?
On the top and bottom of your map there is an ice cap. It really pointless, as it add's nothing to the game. This graphic mod, removes it.

Wow. This thread is almost 6 years old, and as you point out, rendered moot. Try to avoid bumping old threads without adding something meaningful to the discussion.

Top Bottom