GOTM 39 Results & Congratulations

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
It was good to see that on a map where I had expected fast dominations to rule, it was actually klarius who walked away with the gold medal due to a very good Cultural 100k game, triggering victory in 1310AD!

Drazek claimed silver with a conquest victory in 400 AD, and MiniMe bronze with a domination victory in 410 AD.

The medal winners:

klarius: Cultural 100k Victory in 1310 AD, score of 11520.

Drazek: Conquest victory in 400 AD, score of 11383.

MiniMe: Domination victory in 410 AD, score of 11274.

Other Award winners:

SirPleb: Diplomatic victory in 900 AD, score of 10735.

leif erickson: Conquest victory in 1255 AD, score of 8461.

Sabre: Cultural 20k victory in 1826 AD, score of 8017.

Redbad: SpaceRace victory in 1455 AD, score of 7576.

Gato Loco: Cultural 100k victory in 1752 AD, score of 6525.

nikof: Cultural 20k victory in 1790 AD, score of 5167.

CKS: Cultural 20k victory in 1900 AD, score of 4731.

thebrose: Diplomatic victory in 1790 AD, score of 4597.

khan_mcdick: Domination victory in 1932 AD, score of 3667.

Pentium: Spaceship victory in 1954 AD, score of 2725.

Krexent: Spaceship loss in 1946 AD, score of 2134.

Tubby Rower: Conquest loss in 480 AD, score of 175.

Congratulations to all winners!

See the full list of results.
See the updated global ranking.
Visit the Pantheon Of Heroes.

Congratulations, Klarius! Great work, patience and what not. I noticed in your Spoiler 1 that you were still undecided about the victory condition at the end of the ancient age. No regrets on your choice? :beer:

Poor Jove, many times you would get an award with such an amazing result, by Jupiter.

Whoohoo, 16th place in my second attempt!! That's quite an improvement from last time (62). The down side is, it will be really hard for me to beat this (especially with my poor results so far in gotm 40...) :D

Congratulations to all and everyone, it will be really interesting to watch some of those saves, not the least Klarius' amazing result.

Most impressive about Drazek's 2nd place was that he was so fast, taking less than 6 1/2 hours of play time. Takes me that long just to get to the AD years...

Congratulations klarius! :goodjob:

Now IIRC the all victory conditions have at least one gold medal.

I should rename to HappyMe :D
The great variety of victory types helped me sneak in and steal a Domination award. I can start concentrating on conquests now.

Well done everyone - especially Redbad and MOTH for their SS dates!

Megalou said:
Poor Jove, many times you would get an award with such an amazing result, by Jupiter.

Thanks, but don't cry for me, Megalou! I can't remember the last time I was even in the top ten. Good enough for me. And I can't grouse about taking second to a game like Klarius'. Congrats, Klarius! :goodjob:

And congrats to Redbad! Didn't you get a fastest finish in GOTM38? Are you going for the ephtathalon?!? :eek:

Jove said:
Thanks, but don't cry for me, Megalou! I can't remember the last time I was even in the top ten. Good enough for me. And I can't grouse about taking second to a game like Klarius'. Congrats, Klarius!
Indeed, let me underline that I have never been near to being near such a 100K result as either one of yours.

Jove said:
And congrats to Redbad! Didn't you get a fastest finish in GOTM38? Are you going for the ephtathalon?!? :eek:

Arrrr, you caught me. I’ll be sending in a diplo-game for the Greeks. However, me being such a builder, I’m horrified with the prospect of having to do domination- and conquest-games. I’m sure I’ll find my Waterloo there.

Congrats everyone for a very enjoyable game. And a special greeting to Moth for getting such a fast spaceship after initially striving for 100K.

Being the selfcentered little Me that I am, I forgot to congratulate Klarius with his fantastic 100K victory. Consider it done :)

:dance: congrats to all award and medal winners.
And thanks to all for making it possible to win a gold with a 100k.
Especially Dynamic for not playing ;) and Drazek for being unusually late ( a bit rusty ? :p ).

Wow! An award and I moved onto the first page of the GPR.

Congratulations to everyone. Thanks for writing helpful tales of your games, too. I've learned a lot from all of you, though my games don't exactly show it.

Thanks Eldar and Redbad. I guess I should have made sure that the Scientific Civs were alive to the end. I think I did 4 turn research through most fo the MA, all of the IA, and on everything except the last tech in the ModA. If I had any AIs alive to gift forward and get their techs it could have made a difference in my date.

In GOTM41 I will have to try for spaceship again. I too dread trying to get an award for Domination or Conquest. I figure when its get to that point I am going to have to try some really crazy/stupid starts and hope to springboard from there.

Redbad, I have submitted a Diplo victory for GOTM40, but was not real happy with the date. It looks like lots of people are choosing that route.

Top Bottom