New; Mars Mod Units (04/02/05)

Smoking mirror

Ships Captain
Units of the Mars Mod...

Here is where I'm going to post some units for the martian colonisation Mod. They will be posted in the order they apear in the game. Many people may find them usefull for other space based mods. At the moment there are no sounds or INI files, I'll post them when they get made for the mod.

#1 Martian Settler

Download here;
(Jeep model modified from an original model by Psionic Design from Turbo squid)

#2 Martian Civil Guard

Files for download

#3 Riot police

Download

#4 Martian Paramilitary

Files for Download

#5 Mars ROV worker

Files for download

#6 Commando

Download here

#7 Shock trooper

Files for download

#8 Sentry Gun by Vbraun

Download files

#9 Utillity Vehicle

Downloads

#10 Rocket Mortar support

Files found here

See further down for extra Units...

EDIT; Because of a limit on the number of pictures that can be displayed in each post I've only got room for posting 2 more units in this format, so I'll use a post further down for previews and some later units.

Over the coming weeks you will see more units, and some previews. For now though its's back to work on the mod...

More units;
#11 Leviathan Tank

Download

#12 Stealth Spy

Download

#13 Elite Soldier

Download

#14 Armoured Gauss Rifleman

Download

#15 Turbojet Bomber

Download files

#16 GreatGlider Bomber By VBraun New

Download flicks

EDIT; Too many pictures in the first post so I've had to move the previews to here.
I'm going to post some selected previews here as they get done. For now here's the paramilitary guard, I've used a texture for the ground to make it look better (than pink);

And the work vehicle, this would be good for other scenarios, as it is just a heavy duty eath mover;

A bit of a preview of the elite soldier running from a different angle...

Goldflash said:
I geuss this means you've stopped with 40K? ehhhh....

Well when Muffins posts his Spacemarines I may go back and finish the Eldar troops I've done...

Excellent work Smoking Mirror.

It's great to see a mod concept be so quickly talked about and then start seeing the units and such come out to the public.

I like it when the designers decide to release their units to the starving modding community - it gives us something to feed on.

Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see other units/terrain when available.

Sincerely,

Gaultesian

Looks cool! :) I'm looking forward to see the other ones...

Ever since that Mars scenerio in Civ2 I've been dying to get my hands on more Mars stuff for Civ, and this looks great so far. Can't wait

I think they're incredible... In-cre-di-ble... That long work of yours is paying off.

Looks nice, cant wait to see the mod.

Hey ive tried to get these units to before but never can how do i get it into the game.

You will have to make an INI file, you can copy one from another unit, and edit it in Word. You just need to link each animation to it's required action.
Example;
RUN; rovrun.flc

Once that is done you could find some sounds and follow one of the tutorials for adding units to the game. I've released these realy for modmakers rather than people looking to add one or two units to their standard game.
The other way to get them in game is to wait for the Mars mod to get finished. :)

Well... Sound files are going to be a big requirement. You should have a sound editor program that comes with windows or your sound card. Even something basic like "windows sound recorder" will do.
Try stitching together some of the sound files from the civ III units or other games, or look for some sounds on the web. There are plenty of sound banks where you can download short samples.
That or making INI files... :)

Try Kinjboat's dragon sounds. they work good for mech type units.

Top Bottom