Mic8 - The Gnomes of Zurich

microbe

Cascaded Mansion
Special thanks to Bede for coming up with the title.

The variant is two-fold:
1. We don't pay a dime for tech. We can trade techs/resources for techs/resources/gold, but we can never pay gold in a deal involving AI techs.
2. Passive. We may never attack (including bombard) AI cities except AI capitals. And we can only take/raze capital once for each AI, which means if AI capital moves, we cannot attack the new capital.

The goal is Domination, 100K culture or space, by the order of preference.

Map: standard Pangea, 70% land.
Difficulty: Emperor
Civ: some scientific one. Sumeria or Russia? Or even Babylon?

The passive idea comes from LotR13. We'll need to gain territory by settling inside AI territory, culture flip or propaganda. We are going for domination! This got to be fun.

Please also read Oystein's study on Espionage. I suspect we'll revolt into Communism, but let's see.

Roster:
microbe
LKendter
meldor
grahamiam
Bede

I'll start this in 2 days. Now decide our Civ. :)

Sumeria would be a challenge.

Is buying of workers for gold acceptable, or a no-no? I just thought of this, and may as well clarify it before starting.

microbe said:
I will use the RBCiv rule and allow buying one worker before 1000BC from each AI at emperor level.

I was more worried about it going against the variant. However, with this response it clearly isn't an issue.

It's my 2nd start as the first one was not close to river.

Move worker NE and settler E, revealing a hut.

3950BC: we get Warrior Code from the hut. Start EW.

Full research on Alphabet. Gold is of little use now, so we need to keep full research (except maybe min on Writing). I find nobody in the north, so it looks like we have plenty of space to expand. I am kinda worried that the AIs are packed too much.

After the settler I'd build one more EW to explore the south and then a curragh.

Early game we need to push for culture. I think we should try to get GL as the saved gold would be useful for propaganda.

Attachments

• Mic8-2750BC.zip
    51.1 KB · Views: 73
It looks like a serious feast today. Those LK88 monster turns have really put me behind.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/MIC8-2150BC.zip

We have plenty of land to fill, but lack good food bonus tiles. No contacts are bad thing.

2590 BC
I spot a flood plains wheat tile. :D

2510 BC
Sumer is formed next to the flood plains wheat. It also insures we have gems.
(IT) Alphabet is completed, and I start work on writing due in 30 turns.

2390 BC
I kill a barb warrior and find the camp he came from.

2270 BC
The barb camp is destroyed, but it cost an EW.

====================

Summary:

The only piece of good news is below. Check out what I circled.

We really need a military city ASAP. The new city is food heavy, and we need a city with shields.

Signed up:
Roster:
Microbe
LKendter
Meldor (currently playing)
Bede (on deck)
Grahamiam

If the AI captures one of OUR cities, can we get it back? Is that considered an AI city at that point?

Based on that we better really garrision the front lines and avoid RoPs. I would hate to loss a core city to a railnet RoP attack from the AI.

2150 BC (0)
Nothing to change.
(I)Ur Enkidu->Archer

2070 BC (2)
Take out the barb camp.
(I)Barb impales itself on our Enkidu. Sumer hit with disease.

2030 BC (3)
(I) Ur Archer->Enkidu

1990 BC (4)
(I)A Barb approaches Sumer

1950 BC (5)
We met the Romans. We are down CB and IW.
(I) Barb pillages wheat. Ur EW->Settler

1870 BC (7)
Form Lagish to get the elephants and still have some food. Rome has picked up Masonry and the Wheel.
(I)

1790 BC (9)
Clean another Barb camp.
(I)Ur Settler->EW

1750 BC (10)
Settler should go and grab the choke point. We can then back fill from there. Any cities that the AI builds behind us should be easy prey for us (culturally speaking).

Attachments

• Mic8-1750BC.zip
    95 KB · Views: 89
:confused:
The attached file says LK95. Is this the right game?

Top Bottom