Rise of Rome

volbound1700

Emperor
I posted an Rise of Rome scenario earlier but this one has been updated with new units, civ, govt, and civilopedia info. The game has 15 civs, 8 playable: Rome, Macedonia, Achaean League, Seleucia, Egypt, Parthia, Carthage, and Palmyra. The conquest scenario was atrocious and did not follow history at all this one tries to remedy that check out the sceenshots and dl it if you want.

Attachments

• 8playablecivs.JPG
    8playablecivs.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 2,065
  • disputedgreece.JPG
    disputedgreece.JPG
    212.1 KB · Views: 3,225
  • elephant.JPG
    elephant.JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 2,240
  • seleucia.JPG
    seleucia.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 1,518
  • maccabbeejews.JPG
    maccabbeejews.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 1,872
could not fit all the files onto one post so here is a last ss of all the tribes and the scenario itself. Each nation poses a different strategy and challenge like Palmyra is very weak but has the widest variety of units and some of the best units. Ranking from easiest to hardest: Easy: Rome, Carthage, Egypt
Moderate: Seleucia, Parthia, Macedonia(on the fringe of being hard) Hard: Achaean League, Palmyra.

Attachments

• tribes.JPG
    tribes.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 1,207
  • Rise of Rome.zip
    292.6 KB · Views: 2,401
Looks good, surely better than the Conquests Rise of Rome :). I wish you had taken a smaller map for more playability. Just that there is a lot of empty space... where the Gauls could extend and then overun the map! Using map tweaker could nicely cut your map just above Londinium north.

Hey thx for advice pinktilapia. I focused on history with that scenario and had to look up all the civs for that scenrio, fortunately I am taking a Roman Civ class right now and we talked about that time period. I was wondering how you get the map tweaker because that is a good idea, however the main problem with the scenario is the civ3 ai were no one goes to war with each other. (because these countries fought all the time). Fortunately Gaul and the Celts do not have the good units that lets say Parthia or Seleucia have.

Well, you certainly have many ways to encourage the civs to reap each other. Besides changing agressivity (per civ, or globally when starting the scenario), having a smaller map with little space to expend pacifically would also bring more war. Map tweaker can just cut parts of your map (but you will need to restart map placements from scratch). I think the best would be to opt for a map at a smaller-scale, sized around 100 x 100!

Sweat. Good job. I will surely try it.

kind of a dumb question, but how do you install this? i extracted the file to conquests/scenarios folder and it is not showing up in civ-content. thanks

Is there any chance you could make this into a scenario without the other three tech eras, the Legionary upgrade system, and the Imperialism government for a more classical era feel?

Well, on a Mac my guess would be to place it in Civilization 3 Game Data/Scenarios. Or the equivalent in Windows. Be sure that the .bic is at the same level as the scenario folder.

.bic is Plain Vanilla
.bix is Play the World
.biq is Conquests

Hope this helps

Actually, I got it to work for Conquests, but was disappointed at the lack of a Roman feel to it by adding new buildings, technologies, units, the Imperialism government, and all the other good things about the original conquests scenario, but with more historical accuaracy.

Actually, I got it to work for Conquests, but was disappointed at the lack of a Roman feel to it by adding new buildings, technologies, units, the Imperialism government, and all the other good things about the original conquests scenario, but with more historical accuaracy.

u will work on this scenario ,trajan7 cuz it will sound cool if you do i wish i can do it but i dunno how to do all good stuff u know

Trajan, do you know how to work with poser or any other 3d graphics software? I have a ton of units that KLA from Rome Total War has given me permission to convert. I need them converted to 2D. Would you be interested? I was planning on doing a new Roman Mod.

This really has the making of an awesome scenario!!! That said, you have some significant problems here. What needs to happen for now, is import your custom map/units and whatever other changes made to the Rise of Rome Vanilla scenario. Then rebuild this scenario around that one. Remove any units you don't need and clean this up. Another problem is the map. It is indeed too empty. I enjoy playing as the Celts and their central theme is usually open-war with Rome. Knowing that you can't just move settlers into Briton in order to survive makes it that much more interesting. Another good immersion setting is impassable mountains. So, needs some TLC but you are on the right track. Although I am a college student and busy at the moment, if I get time I may go ahead and try to clean this up. I'll let you know if I do and you can have the file if you want it.

MaGz

Sorry, I gave up on this one. I wasn't the best modder and I put this together to get a more historical Rise of Rome. I did create a new one for Civ 4 that is a stronger mod to pull from. (Granted my Mods do not try to deviate too far from the base game, just enough to give a historic feel).

Top Bottom