New unit: Stone giant (Mar 10th, 2005)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!
Here is a stone giant requested by Mithadan. As you can see, it picks up boulders from the ground, and uses them as weapons. Enjoy :)

Here are the files:
Stone Giant

Attached are some previews of animations and civilopedia.

Attachments

• StoneGiantCivilop.gif
    StoneGiantCivilop.gif
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,086
  • stonegiantdemo.gif
    stonegiantdemo.gif
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,873
It looks great. I also like the attack animation even though I lobbied for the shot put style. It really must be an insanely strong giant as it can hold that rock behind its head and then hurl it at the enemy... ;)

Bah, real world physics are so dull and boring :lol:
I didn't do that attack animation because it should be realistic (well, it would be realistic if magical stone giants were actually real), but because it looks cool :)

Nice unit. I don't recall seeing previews, so this is definately a nice suprise! How big is it in comparison with the Ogre units?

One question, how long is this to-do list of yours? By the looks of it you're practically remaking Civ 3 into Fantasy Civ 3!

Great unit (again) as usual aaglo.

:goodjob:

Yay! My rock hucker has arrived! Not every day one get's a request fulfilled!!! (My first request ever was the Cog, which aaglo also filled. Such an obliging bloke! Word to the wise: dark red text apparently manages to hypnotise unit creators, so you can make them make what you want! ;))

The stone-giant is great. I love the animation, I love the beard and the back hair (shudder), I can't wait to have a bunch of them in the Misty Mountains hucking rocks at silly treasure seekers. I just can't wait. Until then, I'll stick him into my epic game...er...somehow!

Thanks so much! :love:

i like this guy! :D

Another fine unit :D

Awesome unit, looks great! :goodjob:
Drift said:
It looks great. I also like the attack animation even though I lobbied for the shot put style. It really must be an insanely strong giant as it can hold that rock behind its head and then hurl it at the enemy... ;)
You should read some of the old Irish fairy tales, there is talk of Giants causing earthquakes which created landmarks all over Ireland. In Irish mythology, Giants were magical beings which rarely died by natural causes, they also had super strength; even for their size.

Still short for a giant in my standards, but I can deal with it, since I'm learning to resize units now. Nice job anyways aaglo. I like the ranged attack, will add some variety to the giants I have already. It's the first with a ranged attack. The look and colors are perfect to me.

Lusikka755 said:
Another version as a cyclops would be cool :mischief:

Make it to be bald and wearing some kind of fur.

Cyclops would indeed be pretty cool. :)

Top Bottom