When in a Deadlock...

covok48

Emperor
What do you do? There are times when I'm getting pulvarized and the only option is to launch a bunch of nukes so that everyone loses. But what can you do when you're in a dead heat (or losing) without quitting in frustration?

Any help would be nice.

Pause the game, put your mouse pointer over thier capital city, hit enter and type in "cheat nuke", and then hit enter again. Watch with glee as their capital city is incinerated :evil:
Then Ctrl+Alt+Delete out of the game, rip the CD out of your drive, utter some bad words about Microsoft and this stupid game, then chuck it across the room. Always works for me!
covok48 said:
without quitting in frustration
Well, in that case, I've got nothing.

That's what I used to do...

*yawn* Try getting some allies, and using them to lure out their armies,then whilst they are fighting, take your airforce and drop bombbs every on the battlefield, then take you refueled airforce and blow their capitol to hell

Well usually I'm playing a team game wich locked alliances. We play computers on "tough" and we usually prevail on land. It's the sea that gives us problems. Destroyers make mintsmeat out of planes.

Tips?

Well, why not just avoid fighting in the sea's? If it is a situation where you really have to cross some water with Transports, and the enemy have the landing area covered by Destroyers etc, I usually make a couple of fishing boats, or even a Destroyer of my own and use them as a sacrificial lamb to lure the enemy away. If that fails, you could allways rely on the trusty Tomohawk to blast those ships out of your way one at a time. :cool:
If its a Land problem I suggest finding the right unit for the job, so instead of throwing your light infantry towards tanks and seeing them be blown to smithereens, send in the heavy infantry armed with ye olde anti-tank weaponry?
Beyond that, don't use your Nukes to just end the game, use them strategically and whipe out a majority of the opposing army, or atleast their construction factories. :nuke: :nuke: :goodjob:

I really must agree with the nuke idea, posted by Pablicosta, but I hardly ever have to use them, I generally have 4 armys, 2 on defense, 1 at capitol, and one made of cavalry raiding them so they can't do much. and at sea, I just max out on aircraft carriers, they rock out loud.

Flintlock said:
Pause the game, put your mouse pointer over thier capital city, hit enter and type in "cheat nuke", and then hit enter again. Watch with glee as their capital city is incinerated :evil:
Then Ctrl+Alt+Delete out of the game, rip the CD out of your drive, utter some bad words about Microsoft and this stupid game, then chuck it across the room. Always works for me!
Well, in that case, I've got nothing.

:thanx: :thanx: THANK YOU!!!! I'll now use that whenever my enemy gets a giant military that comes up out of thin air, and invades me!!!! Thank you very much! :thanx: :thanx:

During deadlocks, I find that scrapping together a small mixed force to attack on a second/third front will usually force the AI to breakaway it's main assault. Thus, the tide tips toward me.

I just had an idea...If there was a battle front you really think your going to loose on, how about sending a couple of generals to the fornt line, group them with say, half your force (or a new force of course) and hit ambush. Then, go round and surround the bad, bad people and open fire. If it works, the enemy should start moving to attack the newly discovered troops, and thus they do not fire for a while giving your troops a free shot. Think it would work?

Pablicosta said:
I just had an idea...If there was a battle front you really think your going to loose on, how about sending a couple of generals to the fornt line, group them with say, half your force (or a new force of course) and hit ambush. Then, go round and surround the bad, bad people and open fire. If it works, the enemy should start moving to attack the newly discovered troops, and thus they do not fire for a while giving your troops a free shot. Think it would work?

I think any effort made at countering the AI through multiple fronts will be successful. I like the idea of using a general's decoy skill, then order the decoys to "create" a separate front in enemy territory.

dojoboy said:
I think any effort made at countering the AI through multiple fronts will be successful. I like the idea of using a general's decoy skill, then order the decoys to "create" a separate front in enemy territory.

Yeah I tried it a few times. It worked best when I got 3 T80 tanks and got them withing firing range, blasted a bit then set course for the other side of my territory. The enemy army of about 50 units died mostly of ultra heavy attrition (Russia, plus extra from towers, plus evan more from the Wonder that doubles attrition), but a couple of Main Battle Tanks got through, only to be decimated by a bunch of Towers I had protecting some a vital oil field :)

If your having trouble at sea, find a location the enemy navies isn't at, and build your own navy! If you have the land, then you have the resources...

Top Bottom