CivRu versus CFC PBEM

What are you talking about? Aztec is now MIL/AGR, not MIL/REL, they have all six traits, too.

Ok how about this so each get a MA UU.
India, Aztec, Persia
vs.
China, Bab, Iroq
or
China, Celts and Greek.
I kind of like this one better.
Rider--War Elephant
Gallic Sword--Immortal
Hoplite--Jag Warrior

Interesting...

I think that might get some protests from the Russians, so we'll let akots decide.

I've thought about it and decided that for either team having Riders or Gallic swordsmen is way too powerful. Rider is a 3-move unit which is essentially a game-breaker. GS - is also a bit overpowered and essentially makes the Ancient Cavalry obsolete. The only advantage of Elephants is that they need no resources. But resources will be balanced all over the map, so no trick here and this advantage is really not important. It is still the only Middle Ages UU.

Well, having both Riders and Gallic swordsmen in one team does not look good to me.

Good point akots. I will leave it alone and in your hands.

France, Aztec, Babylon
vs.
India, Sumeria, and Persia.

How about that?

Well, France will have riflemen then in the Middle Ages. Seems at least unfair without having Dutch on the map.

Indeed, Elephant is essentially the same knight in all ways, it has no advantages over normal units. Can get Golden Age though and it is its only advantage, I'm still thinking of my variant number 2.

Any word from Mahler? I need to playtest this for a few turns as a hotseat before sending to Beam for inspection.

Emm...

The elephant is an uber-Knight! Remember, it has an extra hp... That makes a vet WE attack at 5 compared to a normal vet knight, and defend at 3.75.

Well, we can take this hp off apparently, need to check it out. Certainly it is possible.

Hmm... This civ issue it is more complicated than it is, that's what I think. There is no way for a perfect balance unless some UU are tweaked imho.

The only way is to create a few combinations and throw a dice as to which combination will be selected and then throw again to see who gets what.

There is always a possibility of excluding commerical trait and introducing seafaring but then I would need to resize the map or make it standard size with more water.

Don't worry about the civs too much. We're just talking about it since we have nothing better to do. ;)

OK, map has been prepared, should be very intriguing. I have sent it to Beam to double check to make sure it is OK.

Civilizations and playing order

1. RUS1: China
2. CFC1: Persia
3. RUS2: Celts
4. CFC2: Japan
5. RUS3: Greece
6. CFC3: Iro

The starts and other stuff have been balanced with regards to traits as well. It is possible to change but it is a major pain, so let's keep it like it is unless you all will object. Once I get a word from Beam and make corrections if required, I'll start the game and mail the first turn save to RUS team together with all 3 passwords.

Please make sure to create a mailbox for the CFC team and please do not delete the files from there even accidentally. I would then need a password to that mailbox so that I'm able to retreave the files from there for the purpose of archiving once in a while. Please note that save are to be named:

RUSCFC001a, RUSCFC001b, etc to RUSCFC001f. 001 stands for turn number and letter to sequence of play. For example, player RUS2 will save his turn number 22 as RUSCFC022c and player CFC3 will save his turn number 101 as RUSCFC101f. If there is some confusion about turn numbers please check F8 screen.

Special rules:

1) All exploits per UN rules and Aggie's rules are prohibited. The player who uses these will be eliminated and his civ destroyed completely. If someone notices that other player in his team or in other team has used an exploit, please let me know. the game will be stopped and full investigation will be launched with the help of other experienced people if needed.

2) Victory conditions are set as Allied Victory. This means all kinds of victories are allied victories. Allies cannot wage a war against each other and cannot make peace with their opponents from the other team since the game is started at locked alliance of RUS1, RUS2, and RUS3 versus CFC1, CFC2, and CFC3.

3) Gifting cities between allies is prohibited unless absolutely required. Please get an approval for the deal from the game admin (me currently) before the deal clearly stating the reason. Please make sure there are no units in the gifted city.

4) Reloading is forbidden. Unusual combat results and sudden build changes are subject to investigation if complaint is filed to the admin.

Game level is Emperor. Accelerated production is ON. Barbarians are set to raging, no goodie huts. SGL disabled. SoZ enabled. Land - continents without islands, age - 3 billlion years, climate and temperature - custom, more close to average.

Victory conditions:
Domination, Conquest, Cultural, Space Race.

A detailed list of exploits is included in post number 2 of this thread on page 1. for easy reference.

Please post your concerns and other issues.

Thanks Akots :goodjob: .
First remark - let renaming of the cities be allowed. One is not allowed to rename a city every turn, but it is allowed to have city names which are different from standard ones.

Second remark, let a player will be only warned for a first violation of the rules.Ellimination follows after the second violation. Because after the warning I will not allow this guy to play this game anymore, and I don't want to finish the game just because someone will not understand a rule. :D

OK I think we're set. I like the fact we can each have a MA GA. Thanks for doing this akots.
I think reloading should be automatic disqualification. I'm not sure how you could screw this up. If you hit the wrong key, you hit the wrong key. Anything else I'm open to akots decision. Renaming cities works for me. I would like to know how to say "Beware of rabid dogs" in Russian for one of my coastal cities. ;)

I didn't see UN rules but are they here?
rules akots posted with a link to aggie's rules

How do we find your team? If I understand you correctly and according to your world rankings you should be able to make quick work of us.
Hell is 280th in the world, you are 381st so all we have is Tomoyo at 312th since RegentMan or I aren't even rated. :p

Well, these World Ranking don't mean anything to me since they are for a completely different games like elimination for example. However, experience also counts. But PBEM is not a real-time multiplayer and general strength of play is usually more important. Have never seen Thug or Hell play a SG or GOTM. ;)

IMHO chances are even and more or less fair like it is.

Still waiting for Beam's reply. Will probably start today in the evening.

Still waiting... perhaps the sun has set on the Netherlands? :)

Top Bottom