Flavored Army Units (One army per era per "race" for a total of 20 *different* units)

Was this a good idea? (Poll closes in 30 days)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the100thballoon

Emperor
Let us pause and enjoy the moment.......

THIS IS MY FIRST POST IN THE UNIT CREATION FORUM!!!! WOOO!

Okay, I'm done.... sorry. Anywhoo, I have taken some of our beloved unit creators' work and altered them to be able to be used as army replacements. They look exactly the same as before. The only difference is that if you were to use them as flavored army units (as i do) they will not change into weird colors when you load units into them.

IF YOU KNOW WHO CREATED THE UNITS WITH "???'s" PLEASE POST YOUR KNOWLEDGE! I DO NOT MEAN TO STEAL ANYTHING! SOME OF THESE UNITS WERE TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM MOD FILES ON MY PC AND I THEREFORE HAVE NO IDEA WHO CREATED THEM ORIGIONALLY.

Here they are, arranged by "race" and then by era:

AFRICA-MIDDLE EAST:
AMERICA:
AMERICA: (m-units; just combined with one Firaxis worker)
  • Kinboat's Iroquois Brave
  • Steph's Sioux HorsePikeman
  • Firaxis's ANZAC Rifleman (yes, i know they're Australian)
  • Firaxis's Paratrooper

ASIA:
EUROPE:
MEDITERANEAN:
I am currently uploading the files.
I NEED A MODERN ASIAN UNIT!

NOTE TO THOSE OF A CRITICAL NATURE: The unit selection is merely my own preference. I am not necessarily using them as intended or keeping their names. I am aware that some of the units do not fit with some civs in their "race" and do not care. I did this for fun. Please do not bite my head off.

ps- I have found that Kinboat's and Uthajazz7's units are the easiest to convert (so far) and that Firaxis's units are a ***** to convert (pesky shadow glitch).

Attachments

• Arabian Musketeer.zip
    217.2 KB · Views: 795
  • Greek Archer.zip
    384 KB · Views: 446
I think the Rohorrim is by UtahJazz7 unless someone else made one and I missed it. And several people made a unit called Modern Infantry (Bebro and Myself that I'm sure of but I don't know which one you're using here)

I don't think it's a waste of time but the game doesn't really support multiple army versions. I suppose they are more useful in scenarios though.

Oops my fault... I confused Balou and BeBro... Sorry

Pawel said:
I think the "original" Modern Infantry was Balou's. :) I didn't know BeBro also had made one. I guess I'll have to take a look! :D
thats what I was thinking but i didnt want to accidentally give someone credit for another's work.

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
*Stomp stomp stomp*... ? Now where's Zulu when ya need him? :lol:
:confused: :confused: :confused:

time to update the credits and get back to work! Vuldacon may have figured out how to fix the red shadow glitch.

ive converted some more units. they took less than an hour to finish!

I have a request for a Hun/Mongol army using Kingboat's Mongolian Horse Archer!
Many thanks!

I'm not happy with your choices for Mediterranean because it might be better to use historical units than fantasy ones (same with the Anubis Knight). But otherwise nice idea.

these units look the same as they would if used normally. as soon as i finish these last units (here in about an hour or so) i will post some screenshots of all of them with units loaded into them.

This was a great idea, unfortunatly I can't download anything for awhile...

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
*Stomp stomp stomp*... ? Now where's Zulu when ya need him? :lol:

I think he means wrong forum :D this belongs in the C&C forum lol

Thats why it says...
Please don't open a new thread if you don't have file to post! This rule also applies to ALL other files forums. Use the main Creation forum for questions & requests.

dont worry, it happens, i did it the other day by accident lol :D but i figured i should tell you so you know.

If they have been changed (in the animation files) so as to act as Army units (rather than just something you click in an editor), than do they not qualify as "different" if not new units. Why would they not be here?

Steph said:
They have been redone, but you won't see any change with the preview.
The change allow to use them as army units, without getting the weird colors.
precisely. i will post previews later today/tonight anyway.

Corn Shucker said:
I think he means wrong forum :D this belongs in the C&C forum lol

Thats why it says...

dont worry, it happens, i did it the other day by accident lol :D but i figured i should tell you so you know.

why would either of you say this is in the wrong forum? im posting files and the are unit graphics.... hence the Unit Graphics forum.

the100thballoon said:
precisely. i will post previews later today/tonight anyway.

why would either of you say this is in the wrong forum? im posting files and the are unit graphics.... hence the Unit Graphics forum.
That's why I asked what we are looking at here... ;)

Top Bottom