Old Guard Infantry - March 20, 2005

BAP

Chieftain
Here's a modification of the Napoleonic Musketman I did by crossing it with the Guard Infantry. I needed it for a mod I've been working on. Since I've used so many units that have been posted on this forum over the years, I thought I'd contribute a little. Hope you find it useful.

Old Guard Infantry

Attachments

• OGAgif.gif
    OGAgif.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 2,252
Steph said:
What happened to all the excellent looking units you previewed a long time ago?

I'm working on them again. I got side tracked playing, working, etc...then there were limitations in the previous Civ III that caused me to shelf what I was doing. With Conquest, I got inspired, so now I'm building again. I'll have a British Line Infantry unit out in about a week. Here's a preview:

Attachments

• BLineInf.jpg
    BLineInf.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 2,489
W.i.n.t.e.r said:
uhm, can you post a link to those much talked about other previews you seem to have posted before :) I like your work and'd like to take a closer look at what's comming at us :king:

I'll post some more samples next week when I finish the Line Infantry unit and post it. You can never have enough good variations of Napoleonic Infantry.....or Cavalry.....

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
LoL- will you be making other conversions, such as a Prussian/Austrian trooper?

I'm almost done with my British Line Infantry, just need to finish the death. I'll post it tomorrow night. I think I'm going to do a couple of cavalry units next, then bounce back to Highland Line Infantry. We'll see how this Brit line guy comes out.

hmm, now that I am looking at it in-game I remembered what my issues were with that foot unit... :( it was too large.... as in tall.... now with the bear skin hat it looks even more outa proportion :(

I like this one still, yet would love to see other units as base for your future excellent works ;)

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
hmm, now that I am looking at it in-game I remembered what my issues were with that foot unit... :( it was too large.... as in tall.... now with the bear skin hat it looks even more outa proportion :(

I like this one still, yet would love to see other units as base for your future excellent works ;)

Kind of why I'm turning more to the Guard unit as a model. See the British Line unit I did. Better proportion to the game.

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
Does that mean you might be making another old guard type unit with a new base?

Possibly. I've been real busy lately around the house. I'm about to get started on a French Fusilier. Once I finish that, I might convert it to a Guard unit. I'm kind of interested in doing some Napoleonic Cavalry units, so who knows.

BAP said:
Possibly. I've been real busy lately around the house. I'm about to get started on a French Fusilier. Once I finish that, I might convert it to a Guard unit. I'm kind of interested in doing some Napoleonic Cavalry units, so who knows.
Wow- That does indeed sound quite promising :) then I'll wait to see what your talent will bring us...

Top Bottom