Telgar's/Rhye's/Snoopy's Combined Forests

MeteorPunch

#WINNING
When I first saw Telgar's forests I thought they looked beautiful on Rhye's and Snoopy's Terrains. I didn't like the jungles or pines though, so I used Rhye's "grassland forests" and Snoopy's "plains forests" + Telgar's great trees. So basically this is just a mix of files and not my own work:

Combined Forests

May 25, 2005 update: Version 2 is here

Genetic diversity is our greatest natural resource! I like them a lot!

It does stick out a bit, doesn't it? I recommend giving more variety of shades to it. And perhaps changing the color to a purple-red so that it fit the summer colors of "red" exotic trees rather than appearing to be fall colors.

I agree some tiles look too big, and some look plain weird :crazyeye: . Are you truly annoyed by the red or orange tree? I think a purple one would seem stranger. I could convert their color, but I would need an exact color to change it to...maybe green :D . Post with suggestions please.

love the idea! potentially a very cool gfx mod! but... I dont like the two forests you combined. O well, its your creation! Nice job!

the100thballoon said:
love the idea! potentially a very cool gfx mod! but... I dont like the two forests you combined. O well, its your creation! Nice job!

I'm totally confused by your statement. Is it the telgar forests you don't like? That was the whole point of the mod! :crazyeye:

What would be potentially cool, if this isn't? :cool:

I don't like the bare trees either - what's the point of having them if they're bare. I would appreciate ideas for color from those who dislike the red trees. I'll then change the tree color and the bare trees.

Make them very dark green, like the color of live oak leaves. That way you will still have some trees as dark as the red ones, but not red.

Camber said:
Make them very dark green, like the color of live oak leaves. That way you will still have some trees as dark as the red ones, but not red.
that sounds really good but make sure that you make them really really dark.

Oddly, I can't help but interpret that remark as sarcasm. But no matter. If the 100th Balloon likes it, it must be a great idea. No sarcasm. :)

I like the color mix; after all it is the intent of the mod.

You can change the red and orange to a darker green if you wish to satisfy others, but I will stick with the original intent. It has the feel of a real hardwood forest.

@Camber
That really wasnt sarcasm. I dont like the clash of the red against everything else. I also like the ideas of shadowy forests, bringing back the mystery and allure of some wooded regions.

ten characters

Top Bottom