New Unit: Final Fantasy Style Sci-Fi/Anime Airship Mk II

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Well, some of you may remember my rather laughable first unit, the sci-fi airship that was made by modifying a standard dirigible.

Well, that was the prototype, this is the production model, packing 8x the missiles, 2X the 30mm autocannons, and better designed observation decks, crew compartment and increased propulsion. Yes this can be yours for only 20,000,000,000 gil :joke:

Well, since this is more than just a mere improvement over the old unit, I decided to make this into a separate thread. First of all, I deleted any components not made by yours truly, and retextured durn near everything (especially the main body and aeleoron). Then I increased the size of the missile launchers so that they could hold 8 missiles, and added the launcher doors. Finally, I imported the rudders from my Redwing steam airship and added four more twin 30mm turrets to cover threats from the sides, making for one lean, mean fighting machine.

Ze File

Preview:

Attachments

• ADAS.gif
    ADAS.gif
    329.2 KB · Views: 2,971
I love your previous sci-fi airship and this one looks great!

But I remember that some time ago you have promised to make not too sci-fi air unit which can be used for fantasy modes too... ;)

Looks really nice Hikaro. How far along are you with the FF mod? I can't wait to try it.

Wow! Looks great, shame I don't have a place for it...I'll download it anyway. I made a mod out of random units, it might go in there I suppose...

Very cool, looking forward to trying the FF mod.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. My next unit project is my long-delayed Gatling Gun unit. After that, I'll be working on finishing up my Mithra Ninja as well as trying to do a few more airship projects (including a few that were exclusively promised for the steampunk mod).

The next airship I'm going to tackle is the Highwind from FF VII, which will be one of the UUs for AVALANCHE, followed most likely by the Hilde Garde III and possibly the Ark from FF IX.

As for the FF mod itself, I'm hoping to have the beta version done before the end of next month.

20,000,000,000 gil is rougly equal to you giving me five bucks, right?

Muhha! Exceleente!

The level of detailing in the animation is very impressive. I love the propellers and so on.. I also like how the "wiggle" of the unit is restrained, better quality units are very very rare. This unit is of a better quality then I even aspire to.
The unit looks like it was plucked straight out of the movie "Skycaptain".

It seems nicely huge, but i think the death anim needs an explosion or something like that..

BTW i like those propellers's work;)

DeathPantera said:
In which Final Fantasy this airship is?

None, but it is kind of based on the Highwind from VII, the Magitek sky armor from VI and the heavy air cruiser Goliath from Miyazaki's anime, 天空の城ラピュータ(Tenku no Shiro Rapyuta). This is the generic "Advanced Airship" for civilizations in the FF mod that don't have an advanced airship type UU, such as AVALANCHE, which will have the Highwind, Estar, which will have the Ragnarok, etc.

Top Bottom