New unit: Night Goblin Fanatic (Apr 4th, 2005)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!

This is a laugh. Night goblin fanatic. The preview speaks for itself (and so does the civilopedia below). Enjoy :lol:

Here's some civilopedia from the games workshop website:
Night Goblins are adapted to life underground where they subsist on fungi, Cave Squigs, beetles, and bits of each other. They live under the mountains throughout the Old World and Southlands in tunnels and caverns that are cool and dark. Night Goblins have a strong aversion to daylight and when forced above ground wear black or very dark enveloping robes to protect themselves from the sun's rays.

Night Goblins cultivate many types of edible fungi, of which the Mad Cap Mushroom is one. It is used to make the legendary fungus beer, one draught of which turns a Goblin into an ecstatic gibbering lunatic. These Night Goblin Fanatics are impervious to pain, almost completely unaware of anything about them, hugely strong, and utterly fearless. A Fanatic carries a huge ball and chain, a weapon so large and heavy he could not lift it were it not for the marvelous strengthening effect of fungus beer.

Here are the files:
Night Goblin Fanatic

Here are some animation previews (fortify, attackA - one hit, attackB - two hits and death) and civilopedia image. Actually, for fun feature, you could use the attackB as run animation :)

Attachments

• NGFanaticCivilop.gif
    NGFanaticCivilop.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,308
  • NGFanaticDemo.gif
    NGFanaticDemo.gif
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,960
lmao! amazuing unit! I love your goblin series, no i love ALL of ur units, theyre so great!
dont stop making the units!
and i mean amazing, not amazuing...oops :blush:

Another wonderful unit. I had to stifle myself from laughing out loud in the office. :D

That's nuts. I'd say something about the similarity to the hobgoblin units you made, but I think I may just get lynched if I do, so I will shut the hell up! Except to say brilliant, as ever :D

Aaglo,
You are the master of the amusing animations.
The melting "swamp monster"
The beer guzzling dwarf
and now the flying goblin "hammer thrower".

You should post a warning when you do something that funny. Keyboards and coffee don't mix. :p

Madeira said:
LOL! Shall we give this unit the cruise missile flag?
I would, if I knew how to make it work! I can't get that flag to work unless the unit is an air unit (or something equally distastefull, I can't remember exactly what it was right now). In Civ2 it was a heck of a lot easier...

:lol:

Ah, the simplest things are the most amusing.

I think soemthing similar happend to an Ewok with a sling in Star Wars :lol:

Good job yet again.

Excellent unit, as always, Aaglo! Hopefully that unit was as fun to make as it is to watch. Thanks for making this!

I absolutely love this unit!!! :lol:

I have no use for this whatsoever, but it made me smile more than any other unit I've seen so far. If I *did* have a use for him, I'd give him a huge attack rating but only one hit point - that should capture the very random nature of his attack!

Top Bottom