New CivIV screenshots (from Game Informer)

Snoopy

Prince
Screenshot 1:
The units closest to the top left are the same Swordsmen units from Civ3.

Screenshot 2: What it says on the bottom left:

Metal Casting
- Can build a Workshop
- Can Construct Forge
- Leads to Chemistry, Machinery
38 Turns

Spearman
4 (arm image representing strength), 0/1 (foot representing movement)
Combat: 1

The icons at the top are technology icons, they are the same images as from Civ3 (I hope they are placeholders).

EDIT: Sorry, have to remove the screenshots, since they are copyrighted. Waiting for permission from Game Informer... -- TF

Nice, I'll try and get a good look before they are removed... :)

First screenshot : the change of perspective is cool! Perhaps not practical, though...

If that is a city at bottom centre, I don't like for how puny it looks compared to the units around it, but scale can be difficult. Maybe zooming changes the ratio of unit size to city size?

Screenshot 2 - can see that units and cities are much closer in size, similar to civ 3. perspective similar to civ3, but mini map view box is skewed.

Screenshot 1 - are there 2 sets of worker units on the plains by the river at the centre?

Shadows in civ is not heresy, it's borrowing from Rome Total War and looks great !

Thre seems to be some problem with the scale of the warriors and the city (or camp ?) as pointed out already.

I'm not quite sure those multy units appeal to me. Looks like they will polish up the graphics a whole lot.

Damn!!! That first screenie is sweet. Playing Civ in 3D will be a treat.

October can't come soon enough.

scale of warriors and city:

I have touched this topic in a thread...
I just hope that when zooming in, this scale will change
- units to be smaller than city...

Screenshot 2

How come that what I see on the minimap is just not what is in the main window?

Moreover, what is in the main window is nowhere on the minimap! :confused:

Things have definately improved since the last lot of screenshots. Everyone who knew anything about the way computer games said that the graphics would continue to be sub-par, but there were still people who wouldn't listen. The proof is in the pudding people.

SCR 2

What is that "100%" in the top-left corner?
Is that to show that science is on full go? :)

I hope it has nothing to do with max zooming out...

Snnopy, the attached pics say #2 and #3 - where is #1!? :)
...I just ask, I am grateful for these two already

I'll sure have to get used to the multi figure-units. Seems so crowded, if it's only for the graphics and not for gameplay. It would be different if that are five seperate units that can fight and die individually so a 5-pack is stronger than a 4-pack and so on. If desired u can join two deminishing groups in to one healty one again.

What would be the chance of something like this?????

Screenshot 2
How come that what I see on the minimap is just not what is in the main window?

Moreover, what is in the main window is nowhere on the minimap!

I think if you rotate what you see on the main screen to fit in the minimap it's a closer match, but the terrain color is still off.

The terrain is starting to show improvements, but....I hate the multi-units! ugh...

If your gonna make multi-units, put them in logical formations, nt just sets of 5. I could understand some ancient units not being in a tactical alignment, but archers, riflemen, etc. better be.

Terrain:

I guess it is still not finished,
the tiles have borders too sharply separated from each other

Can you show us screenies from what Civ III was half a year prior to release? :)

Well, I think screenshot 3 shows fairly conclusively that unit to city size ratio does alter according to zooming.
Also, even though I think these graphics ALREADY look GOOD (better than the final graphics in Civ3) I don't think this is the end of the graphics improvements, IMHO ;)!
Hey, Snoopy, did they reveal anything major about the game-in the text-that hasn't been discussed yet?

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

unit/city size.

Maybe it is the ANGLE of the look what counts:
in SCR 1 you have a look angle closer to the ground (less degree...),
so units closer must look BIG to achieve 3D...
Still, that city also close as the unit that is above it should still be BIGGER

Will it be possible for us to choose angle AND zoom?...

Top Bottom