I have a very good play last night

Moonsinger

Settler
Retired Moderator
Last night, I was just about to work on some code for MapFinder, but for some reason, I decided to pick up where I left off last Christmas. There was this map very tough map with 3 or more cows at the starting location, lot of gems and ivories near by, domination limit of 4565. Previously, I abandoned it at 1000BC when I realized that there wasn't any horse or iron for as far I could see. On top of that, I shared a huge island with Persia (to the west), Greece (to the east), and Germany (to the north) and they all having their troops matching near my palace. Since this game was on Sid, I saw very little chance of survival, so I abandonded some where back in January.

At 1000BC, I had also meet Theodora and Wang Kon. By trading technology alone among those five civs, my Mayan was actually ahead in tech. Around 800BC, my first harbor was in operation (also met Catherine too). Instead of attempting to take over the world with Ancient Cavalry, I sold off all my ivories for spare cash. At this time, my Mayan was living high on 7 different type of luxuries and they were not even in Republic. It took them another 7 turns to switch to Republic shortly after that.

Since my goal was to dig a big moat around my border and wait for the UN (diplomatic attempt). I didn't do much but sending ships out in all directions tyring to locate Sumeria and Babylon. Centuries afer centuries went by and still no one have any horse or any iron to spare. I finally met up with Hammurabi and Gilgamesh around 200BC; they each have their own island...again, no horse or iron. Hammurabi did have a lot of silks and some iron for sale, but his trade route won't be available until the age of Astronomy or Navigation....

Out of the blue around 10 turns before 10AD, Bismarck called me up and offered me some horses, dirt cheap too. He could have sold it to Xerxes, not sure why he picked me. I was so happy.:) At this time, my civ was the richest one in the world (well kind off, most of those gold coming from Korea, and I'm currently paying them back in small installment of a couple hundreds gpt here and there) and everyone love to trade with me (probably why Bismarch picked me over Xerxes). By 10AD, I acquired Astronomy...gave Babylon Philosopy, Currency, Monarchy... for iron and silks and this is where I'm at. Within the next 10 turns, I will have an army of around 70 knights; not really sure what I'm going to do with that. That moat around my border is way too big, not sure if my knights would want to cross. :crazyeye:

Ok, ok...I will try to finish up the new version of MapFinder before I play any more civ. Sorry, I just can't help it, but it was great to bring a dying civ back to life. I may have to find a different map for my diplomatic attempt because this baby has a great potential to knock my previous 81K game off the list.

This reminds me I should get back to playing my lastest huge sid map that I stopped playing sometime in february :p
(it has a 4534 domination limit and I was ahead of your 81k game in score at the point where I stopped playing :p)

BTW, do you think an extra thing to check for at start could be position (As in x,y coordinates)... Sometimes you want a central position, and it can be inferred from the mini map so I dont think it gives extra information?
What do you think?

LulThyme said:
BTW, do you think an extra thing to check for at start could be position (As in x,y coordinates)... Sometimes you want a central position, and it can be inferred from the mini map so I dont think it gives extra information?
What do you think?

I'm going to take one baby step at a time...at the moment, I have my hands full. Base on my estimate, it will take me at least 4 more hours of coding to finish up what I have in mind. My plan includes a brand new reporting module with a lot of extra special features. Therefore, I'm not about to say yes to anything new (at least, not now).

Bump. I know it's old, however, from what I recall of looking at her saves I feel fairly sure the game here refers to her 88k game, and since it's not linked via the finish, I thought I'd say so.

Top Bottom