T2 External Consulate - Peace with India?

mad-bax

Deity
GOTM Staff
T2 External Consulate - Peace with India?

We have captured two Indian cities and have razed a third. The objectives of the External Consulate have been met. We have secured the Iron near Bentley, we have secured a source of silks, we have a stack of troops ready to smite the Dutch and India will give us 2 cities plus change for peace.

Should we take the peace deal?

IMHO we should.
1. Continuing to the destruction of India means we cannot get anything for free in a peace deal.
2. The added time it would take to continue the war will mean a more powerful Dutch nation at the time of declaration. The Dutch will also be closer to Feudalism.
3. The Dutch are currently at war with the Chinese, so their troops are not home. Delay could see a peace deal and all of their troops returning home.
4. The Indian war was all about preparation for the Dutch war anyway.

The Dutch are the main threat, so yes, peace w/ the territory gain. Swords vs. Spears and MDIs vs. Spears have very good chances, and the Dutch have some mountains to protect our units on our way there. This war was successful. We crippled the Indians, secured the iron by Bentley and got silks for one more luxury. Now it's time to take on the bigger threat, so following the words of recent discussion; ditto.

Keep attacking them until they're left with the tundra city, then peace. We need the cities badly. (Remember, don't attack size 1 cities without any culture!!). We should build a few settlers to fill in the gaps now...

India will give 2 cities and all gold (82).

CT, the only cities we can take and keep now are Calcutta and Bangalore. Doing that would have our troops way out of position.

India is at war with China, who will likely raze the eastern towns and replace with their own. If we take the eastern towns in peace then we get a buffer but they are exposed to the Dutch.

India will give pretty much any two of the 4. I did not try all the combinations. My suggestions are Calcutta (size 2) and Lahore (size 1). Jaipur is too far away to be of use. Kolhapur would be a chore to defend against the Dutch -- as it sits now even Lahore would be tough, we'd have to send Clubbings there and the horse from Oxford, and it would still be vulnerable.

@Ginger Ale: Thanks for giving me the chance to ditto your ditto. :D

Agree we should take peace now so we can turn our attentions to the Dutch. If we take Calcutta in a peace settlement, how big of a flip risk would it be? Anyway, I’d suggest Lahore & Calcutta (if we decide the flip risk is minimal) or Lahore & Kolhapur (if we decide Calcutta is too likely to flip).

We may also want to keep in mind our goals for our second Indian war. If we want to leave them with one city standing, which city should it be? I’d suggest that city be either Jaipur or Kolhapur. Of course if that’s their only city, it’s likely some other civ will eventually eliminate the Indians from the map, taking the hit to their rep . . .

taking peace now is a bad idea. i say we take out their entire core, and leave just Lahore, Karachi, and Kohapur. we take everything else from them, just a couple more cities. then we take out the Dutch (entirely) and then mop up the Indians. taking the entire Indian core now we'll stop them from ever being a threat again.

If we wait 20 turns and let their remaining towns (after peace) gain some culture, then we can go back and finish the job. Assuming they have no other iron or horses (don't have a save ATM) they will still be easy pickings, and we will have dealt with the real menace, the Dutch, before then.

If they dont relenquish their remaining cities via a peace deal, then keep snatching their cities by force.

What is our primary target hear - the Indians, or the Dutch. We've dealt the Indians a sharp blow - let us now turn our attention, and strike force, towards the Dutch. Let the government of India rot for now. Continuing on their cities will distract us from a larger goal.

Onwards to the Dutch!

-- Ravensfire

before i vote on the issue i want to hear from the military comander if he thinks the military can carry on the war successfully.

I wouldn't mind a short campaign to attempt to take the last two cities closest to Fanatannian homeland - Calcutta and Banglore (the current Indian capitol). I don't think such an offensive would be terribly difficult, and it would ultimately save us some trouble, as we'll undoubtedly take those two cities eventually.

For those of you like me who have been struggling without a map, here is one with the Indian cities indicated (yes, it does mean I've finally found the time to patch to 1.22). The territory shading is predicted (very roughly) out to level 2. We could get any 2 of the cities marked

Jaipur and Kolhapur are too far out of the way, and considering our coming Dutch War would be in a good position to be captured by any Dutch troops on their way to the Chinese conflict.

That leaves Calcutta, Lahore and Karachi.

Karachi (the Tundra town) is never likely to come to much and being so close to our capitol may even flip, unless we let them get defenders through our territory it is likely to be lightly defended so we could capture it easily in the future, the downside of not taking it in the deal is we will have to leave a few troops in range just in case.

Lahore would tie up with Oxford and once we either capture Groningen or take it for peace will consolidate our territory in that region.

Calcutta would be contiguous with our current territory and if we can rebuild the razed city would koin in nicely. It is however next to the new Indian Capitol so would be a flip risk.

All these cities are size 1 so would likely be razed if we attacked further.

We can't get Bangalore - it's their Capitol

I think overall I would get Calcutta and Lahore, making sure that Groningen is a primary target for aquisition in the coming war.

I agree with stopping now. However, being a Devil's advocate here. We can capture both Calcutta and Bangalore as they have both expanded culturally. This would jump the Indian Capitol to Kohlapur most likely and allow us to still get 2 cities.

I say make take all there citys around us (or if they will give them all to us) and then when we figh the dutch get india in on it to help us in the north.

capture Bangalore and Calcutta, then their capital should move further up north. then we can get Karachi in the peace deal. then we declare on the Dutch, destory them entirely, and then mop up what's left of India. i said this before, and i think it makes the most sense. also, taking what's left of India's core will mean we will have a larger base from which to attack the Dutch.

We could capture Calcutta and Bangalore, but this would be at the expense of the Dutch campaign. Our troops, with a little healing are in position to start the move North against the Dutch, a diversion to the West for Calcutta and Bangalore would delay the Dutch campaign, not just for the time it takes to capture the cities, but also the time it takes to move our troops back and replace any lost ones. The longer we delay against the Dutch the more poweful they will become and the closer they will be to Swiss Mercenaries. The Indian empire is battered and splintered, once we finish with the Dutch we can pick them off.

Top Bottom