Masters of Orion LH pack/library thread

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Well, I've got the first LH done for the MoO mod, and rather than post separate threads for each LH, I figgured I could just post them all here, as well as links to other LHs that have been done before that would work well for certain MoO races.

So, without further ado, here's the first MoO LH done by me, the Tachidi from MoO III. The Tachidi are an insectiod race that's more individualistic and curious than the Klackons, however they have a somewhat childish mentality that can hurt them in diplomacy

Pic:

Files:
FWD Flic & PCX Files
Reverse Flic

Here's the second MoO LH: the Psilons. The Psilons were in all three MoO games, AFAIK (I've never played MoO, but they were in II and III), and are an ancient, super-intelligent race, so I reccomend giving them the Religious and Scientific traits (so they can build up tons of culture), and set their aggression on the low side.

Pic:

Files:
FWD Flic & PCX Files
Reverse Flic

This is the third race I've done, the Elerians. The Elerians are an elf-like matriarchal race where the females all have psionic powers. The Elerians are also an extremely traditional race with a feudal government, not exactly making them a scientific powerhouse, however the ability to mind control an entire planet with a cruiser-sized ship or larger can definitely come in handy (especially when you don't have to waste produciton or command points on troop transports).

Pic:

Files:
FWD Flic & PCX Files
Reverse Flic

Finally got the silicoids done. Rendering 121 frames with a full 3D background and an animatec charachter made up of 8 transparent stones (about a million polygons in all) took about 8 hours :crazyeye: Anyways, the Silicoids are the only silicon-based lifeforms in the galaxy, originating from the shards of a sentient crystal that crashed into their home planet. The silicoids have the advantage of not needing farmers for food, but will need all the workers they can get due to the fact that they eat minerals, slowing down their production a bit. Due to their highly alien nature and lack of recognizeable (to most species anyways) expressions or facial features, the Silicoids tend to do poorly in diplomacy.

Pic:

Files:
FWD Flic & PCX Files
Reverse Flic

NOTE: These files were packed in RAR format due to size, and you'll need to rename them as such, as well as use a RAR compatible archiving program to unzip them.

LH's by other people that would work well for MoO races:

Humans: The Dudius by Embryodead
Darlocks: Rjak Deathmage LH by Embryodead's sister

Attachments

• MoOLHbyOthers.jpg
    MoOLHbyOthers.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,245
I used to stomp this race every game I played. They were fun to play against. Great work, Hikaro, we are 1 step closer to that Moo mod.

Very, very cool! Looking forward to seeing more MOO LH's

Thanks for the comments guys.... The next MoO race I'll most likely make is the Mrrshan or Elerians. BTW, I hope everyone likes the "Conquered" PCX.... It was inspired by my wierd sense of humor and seeing a fair amount of dead bugs in my time.

tjedge1 said:
I used to stomp this race every game I played. They were fun to play against. Great work, Hikaro, we are 1 step closer to that Moo mod.

Play against?! A customized version of the Tachidi were one of my favorite races to play as. The swarms of Tachidi from the tribe of Bizzuggz would darken the skies of my enemies and our fleets would anihilate all who opposed us. As a matter of fact, I managed to win a 1-round war against the Orions (Antarans) by committing the maximum # of ship flotillas capable (consisting almost entirely of BC-Titan class ships) as well as 6 transport flotillas with which I landed several thousand divisions of Mecha troopers, commandos and support squads. I lost about 45-50% of my fleet assets and about 70% of my ground forces, but when the dust cleared, Orion was under my control, and I immediately began using the Antarans as a "Magnate Civilization." Once I had about half a dozen planets with Antarans on them, and started crankin out troops from those planets, I was darn near unstoppable...

BTW, TJ, you wouldn't happen to have a link to the hooded guy from the MoM mod so's I could post it in this library (with proper credits to the author, of course).

Hope this helps guys ...

1. Death Mage Rjak (Drift's avatar), MoM Thread see Post#1 for pictures of the LHs, however I believe that there was a thread where this LH was a work in progress ... I recall a hooded shape in darkness without the crown which would probably make a better Darlock ...

EDIT : See Post 44 for Drift's MoM LH Download

2. A spinoff mod to MoM (which i havn't DL'ed yet) by Clearbeard speaks of MOO1 Klackons MoM Sorcerors Thread see Post#8, he speaks of units as well as LH.

Keep up the momentum ... :goodjob:

Hikaro Takayama said:
...BTW, TJ, you wouldn't happen to have a link to the hooded guy from the MoM mod so's I could post it in this library (with proper credits to the author, of course).
I'm not tj, and I'm lazy, so I'll just say that it's made by Drift, and that you can probably find it in a library of some sort. :) (If it's the head I'm thinking of, of course...)

I believe Drift did it. I guess fe3333au gave the proper location.

I never got around to playing the Tachidi, but they always picked fights with me for some reason. Since I'm a warmonger, I usually obliged them with heading straight for their homeworld and taking it and every other occupied planet in their homesystem. Then I would crank them out as troops and load them into transports to invade their own worlds. They are quite good at fighting. The Antarrans. I never beat them. Then I also had modded Moo3 right off the bat to seriously slow down technology research. I hated being 3 techs ahead of what I had flying around. It took longer to build things then to learn things. ;) So in effect, the Antarrans were outnumbered by several hundred to their fleets, but I hadn't finished my campaign against them, I hadn't finished that game and my dad borrowed the cd and didn't return it. I need a new one in fact, anyone know where to get one?

Well, I tried the link that fe3333au supplied, but I clicked on all the DL links in the post and got a Http 404 (page/file not found) error :( I also checked out GI Dustin's page and didn't find it there either. Maybe I could PM Drift and see if he could upload it separately for the noble purpose of the MoO mod....

I've also decided that I'm going to do the Psilons next. I found a great Gray alien in a spacesuit figure for Poser on Renderosity and all I'd have to do with him is animate and whip up another Background in Bryce, like the one I did for the Tachidi. I might even have it done by tomorrow.

Aaglo's right, Rjak was made by Embryodead's sister. I found the original zip somewhere in the depths of my MoM development folder. :)

Hera ya go

Thanks for the support, everyone! I've got the Psilons finished, and have updated the first post. Not sure which LH I'll do next, though.

I had mentioned in the other thread about enlarging his head, but he looks great anyway so don't worry about it.

That Outcast with a little editing could be a decent Elerian. Her color is pretty close to the pic I have. The Dragon with some recoloring and the wings removed would be a good Grendarl right?

Actually, TJ, I'm doing the Elerians next. I have the Aiko Anime doll with a ton of advanced morphs and such (+ I'm good at fiddling around with textures), I can just set the FBM to realistic, play around with the facial morphs a bit, then give her the ol "Elf ears small" morph (more traditional elves versus the "Elf ears large" morph which has the really long ears typical of most anime elves) and be done. I already have some sci-fi type body armor and such that would work pretty darn good.

Once I get done compiling my latest changes to one of my CS-Condition Zero maps, I'll get to work on it.

Sounds cool. Well you're the expert here. Nice work so far. I'm beginning to get real excited about the Moo Mod.

Hm, so this is the MoO LH thread, eh?
No wonder I didn't know about it. I rarely check this forum.

GREAT work on the Tahidi there. The background fits too.
Kinboat's Dragon would be an excellent choice for the Sakkra.
The proposed Darlok looks in fact a lot like the Darlok from one(I have no clue about the MoO 3), were they were called Nazguul(and they got their leader's name in my mod)

Edit:
The Magman would make for a passable silicoid, most probable. I was thinking of maybe creating a static leaderhead for it thus far.
Great suggestion FE333AU

The darloks didn't have much of a look in Moo3, they weren't playable. There were special leaders that would join your civ that might be Darlock, but they looked like a reptile in the middle of transformation.

Top Bottom