COTM 11 Results & Congratulations

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
Through the wonders of PHP, Alan has even made the results publication thread a breeze, as now I don't even need to add-in the award images or score text now! - so thanks, Alan, for yet another stirling job. :)

Anyway - COTM 11 again had a very tight leaderboard. hendrikszoon won his second gold. Despite being 7 turns faster, Bradleyfeanor was 1bout 170 points back in second place, but he did pick-up the fastest conquest award as consolation.

Only a further 90 points back, snaga picked-up bronze and the fastest domination award.

Summary of Medal Winners:

hendrikszoon: 650 AD Conquest Victory, 10,987 points.

Bradleyfeanor: 580 AD Conquest Victory, 10,821 points.

snaga: 530 AD Domination Victory, 10,731 points.

Other Award Winners:

Dynamic: 1610 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 10,426 points.

DaveMcW: 1100 AD Spaceship Victory, 10,017 points.

klarius: 1330 AD Cultural 100k Victory, 9,874 points.

Darkness: 910 AD Diplomatic Victory, 9,287 points.

MeteorPunch: 2050 AD Histographic Victory, 6,890 points.

Frosties: 1808 AD Cultural 100k Victory, 5,606 points.

Renata: 1922 AD Conquest Victory, 3,411 points.

THE WIZ: 1822 AD Diplomatic Victory, 2,992 points.

redlead: 1956 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 2,038 points.

markh: 2012 AD Domination Victory, 1,894 points.

Vincent: 1685 AD Conquest Loss, 1,394 points.

Cyan Fargo: 2044 AD Spaceship Victory, 1,178 points.

nerovats: 1892 AD Domination Loss, 169 points.

Congratulations to all winners!

>>See the full results here.
>>See the updated global rankings here.
>>See the latest Pantheon Of Heroes here.

Well done everyone, DaveMcW in particular for his ridiculously fast tech pace!

Congratulations to the winners :goodjob:

What I would like though, is more spoiler information from these good games. Many players provide interesting spoiler info and I learn a lot from reading the thoughts of other players. Unfortunately there is no spoiler info for many of this months good games.
Maybe it could be made mandatory to deliver at least a short write up for the game (similar to the qsc). Since we all spend at least 10+ hours playing the game, an aditional 1/2 hour for a game write-up should be not any problem.

Ronald

Congrat to all the award winners! :goodjob:

Special congrats to BradleyFeanor-another step closer to the eptathlon :eek: .

And thanks to DaveMcW and Dynamic for their incrediable games :worship: !

Congrats to the winners.

I agree it would be nice to see more spoilers from the top players (actually from all players).

For this game I'm real interested in when people got their horse hooked up. Looking back at my game if I had done my Northern Strike (detailed in the 2nd spoiler thread) first instead of last I think I could have knocked centuries off my finish date.

BTW, a :goodjob: to AlanH, and the GOTM staff for all their hard work.

Congrats to everyone!

I too would like to see a sort of obligatory mini writeup, maybe just a minimap and dates of wars... not much else... at least from the winners of each category. In my instance Klarius beat me to the 100K award by 20 turns or so, and I'd just be interested to see what I could have done differently. I know Klarius usually does provide very comprehensive and interesting spoilers, but he was missing this month...

EDIT: apologies to Klarius, I just saw his AA spoiler.

@chunky
Sorry, playing the game just took too long :cry: and I didn't want to think about it any more after I finally finished it.
But in a nutshell, I wiped out everybody on the main continent (first celts who had the pyramids with MDI, dutch with MDI and knights, the rest with cavs) except Carthage, then researched to communism and replaceable parts and started the pop-rush and drafting madness.
General build order for the cities was library-university-temple. Drafting cities also got a cathedral and marketplace.
So it was completely different from your game.

I figured that might have been the case, I was beginning to get sick after 60ish hours, I'm not suprised you're tired! Well done anyway :thumbsup:

Congrats to all players!
hendrikszoon - second gold but no spoilers; :mischief:
Bradleyfeanor - very good game but hendrikszoon from the dark capture this gold;
Snaga - return again with fastest domination hit;
DaveMcW - I want to reach Republic as fast as you; ;)
Klarius - 100K master;
MeteorPunch nice cow.

Well done! :goodjob:

Congrats to all winners.
The nod goes to Dynamic for taking what I actually long thought could be a 20K award for me. But hey, what can I do. The man is in a different league.

Congratulations to all !

Wow, my second submission and my first award, lowest scoring domination victory. :crazyeye: I was so disapointed when I finished the game a few hours before submission limit and I noticed my score, but now finally it paid off. Now I have a title to defend for the next game. :lol:

I'm a little surprised I finished so high. I thought I was slow hooking up horses :)

Gator: Although 15th isn't that high, I'll try to, at least partly, answer your question: I went after the Vikings first cause they were imposing on my lands and posed an easy target. Right about when I finished them off, I noticed the Mongols had hooked up their horses (noone else had) and became the natural choice for an attack.

I ROP-raped Mongolia, seized Karakoroum and a harbour town, then made peace and rushed culture in Kara and the necassary harbour to ship my horses. This was completed around 400 AD and some 10 turns before my beeline for Cavs finished. After that, the usual short-rushing and connecting/disconneting of saltpeter lead to a straightforward domination victory. I didn't go for Conquest cause too many of the islands had been colonized.

Congratulations to all players, especially Dynamic and DaveMcW for once again showing their amazing skills. Also, congrats to Snaga for an excellent Domination date.

@Abegweit: Very impressive game! I’m sorry you landed in the somewhat bittersweet #4 spot!

PS: Darn you hendrikszoon!!!

EDIT: @DJMGator: I had meant to mention your post in the second spoiler, but somehow I forgot. Anyway, that was an excellent post and a very fun/informative read. Thanks!

Play as always war and go for conquest. Red shield all but guaranteed. :D

Congrats to all, and thanks to Karasu for a truly devilish map. :worship:

Renata

I did not submit, still was at about 40% land and had no time to finish. But these Conquest and Domination dates by the winners are spectacular! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom