Keep Calm and Carry On
Retired Moderator
"Listen to this"

Difficulty: Emperor (or higher?)
Civilization: Ugly and the Mongol Drummers
Version: C3C 1.22
Opponents: Random
Barbs = Random
Size = Standard Continents, water at 60%, 4 billion years (need a few hills)
Respawn = off
Culturally linked = off
Mass Regicide = on
Kings are in the game so if someone has an idea on how to use kings please contribute.
All victory conditions are on but space is the preferred winning condition.

"Every day when we get home from work
we feel so frustrated
the boss is a jerk"

A jerk? Well then all workers are automated (what do you expect for a gold piece every 10 years or so?) and city governors are turned on. The only thing we can control as bosses is big picture stuff like what the governor will “emphasize”, diplomacy, our economy, what we build and if a neighbor gets on our nerves…

"We get our “pointy” sticks
and go out to the shed
and we pound on that drum like it was the “AI's” head"

Summer is upon us and everyone is busy so don’t be afraid to skip a turn. This is 24 hours "Got it" and 48 hours "Play" please.
Expect a friendly :bump: if not.

Side action is required and guest lurkers that win the bets are in for 10 turns. But make sure to bring a drum. Things should move faster than normal. Turnlogs MUST be in executive summary format only. Why?

"Because we don't want to work
we just want to bang on the drum all day"

Engineers(G-Man do you resemble this remark? :lol: ), Type A's, micromanagers leave it at the door.
So find a drum and bring your sense of humor to the game.

Here's my tom tom.

Signed up:
Own
Bede
rrau
Whomp
Admiral Kutzov (please confirm within 48 please)
Viper275 and lurker spot
Soul Warrior (please confirm within 48 please)

Seed Beast "worker bee"

Seed Beast "drum"

Seed Beast "st. & san."

Seed Beast "lazy day"

10 turns per round - 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.
5 turns per round upon entering the industrial age

Standard LK rules follow.
Spoiler :
The following tactics are PROHIBITED:

RoP Abuse Tactics - Denying resources, blocking key tiles, RoP rape, or other ways to screw-up a civ via the RoP. A scout in AI territory has an explicit RoP and is subject to this rule.

Peace Treaty abuse - If you get concessions from the AI you must wait for the 20 turns to end before declaring another war.

Resource abuse - You can't disconnect / reconnect a resource every turn for the sake of building cheap units to upgrade with excess cash.

Ship chaining exploit - you can move a ship, unload troops to another ship in the same square not using any movement, move that ship, etc. This allows you to ship an indefinite distance, and that is why I consider it an exploit.

The negative science exploit - you can run a huge deficit (-250 / turn) of negative cash with a token penalty of one lost worker / cheap building. If cash will go below zero, the research level must be dropped.

Palace Jump - You abandon the capital city to move the palace to a new location. If you want to move the palace, build a new palace.

Mass troop jumping - You can't give away a give a city to transport a large amount of troops to another landmass.

Worker baiting - You can't spread around and sacrifice workers to an oncoming attack. This is often done to avoid losing real units or cities. This takes advantage of the AI failure to prioritize targets.

Standard LK house rules:

2) Worker blockades are prohibited. This prevents things such as fortifying workers along the coast to stop invasions, blocking troops from going through your territory with workers, etc. Workers activity doing something along the coast is fine. The workers must be actively doing something.

3) You may not declare war on a civ if you are currently shipping cash and / or goods to the civ.

4) Even if not covered under exploits listed, please try not to use tactics that take advantage of holes in the game design.

5) Our reputation is golden - please respect it.

6) Self-research is highly preferred, if it is viable. I would rather invest money in beakers to toward science, then waste it on demands. Minimum research is discouraged unless we have no viable alternatives. This may happen at times such as going for republic early on, or late game to insure we get nationalism.

7) As you probably know barbs are screwed up in C3C. It is preferred that you add the following line to your Civ3 .ini file - noAIpatrol=0. Adding "noAIpatrol=0" to the .ini file turns the annoying patrolling back on for the AIs, but also restores movement to the barbarians.

Thanks to Todd Rundgren for the inspiration.

Sounds like fun. I'm in.

[edit] I like st. and san the best followed by lazy day. Is this C3C?

Hi rrau. Get your drum out.
C3C it is.

Try this one Own.
Can you pick any of these up?

That's my take on it. No settler factories, no chopping forests to speed builds, minimalist turn reports. We're very lazy this summer;)

We will also have to be careful with the lux slider since we don't want a bunch of clowns running things. ;)

I sometimes have trouble seeing and posting saves myself, so I usually use the attach feature. I think it has something to do with my computer "protecting itself"

I'm from Corporate and I'm here to help.

Own--Did you keep a log? If so play 20 since the first player gets 20 turns and then it's 10 apiece. Hopefully you played the cow save since that's the one I think we should play as well.

Here's the lineup (tentative)
Own--Up and Budweiser seems to have helped
Bede--in from corporate and on deck
rrau-- Team R&L representative
Whomp-- Banging his tom tom
Admiral Kutzov (please confirm within 48 please)
Viper275--this will be the lurker spot when viper can't play
Soul Warrior (please confirm within 48 please)

Do we have a side bet yet?

Checking in. Just know I'll be very busy for a while, but I'll try to play the turns, probably from now until June 10th, after that there should be no problems.

If you wind up with an open slot, I can be lazy with the best of them. And I have a drum. Actually, I have two.

Renata

@ Renata if Keith Moon and John Bonham don't show up you're in. Digging your skins though.

@ PP You as well. Maybe I'll see you in South Haven this summer. :lol:

Bede said:
I'm from Corporate and I'm here to help.

Oh, no the bosses are watching!

[edit] Do we place side bets or do the lurkers place them?

Whomp said:
Own--Did you keep a log? If so play 20 since the first player gets 20 turns and then it's 10 apiece. Hopefully you played the cow save since that's the one I think we should play as well.

Thank goodness I play 20 at the beginning. I did play the cow save. I didn't keep a log :blush: , but all I really did is road and irrigate the cow, start building granary, sent all but 2 gengis's exploring, popped some goody huts, some gave gold, some map, one gave a settler which is going back to settle on luxury.

Very luxury filled map!

Top Bottom