GOTM 42: Results & Congratulations

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
The difficult start didn't deter the warmongers in GOTM 42, as three fast-conquests competed for the top places. Ronald found his way back to the top, taking out the gold when he cleaned-out the last Russian city, triggering victory in 850 AD.

Trailing Ronald by only 8 turns, leopalas picked-up his first ever GOTM medal as he beat klarius by 99 points and 6 turns.

Summary of Medal Winners:

Ronald: 850 AD Conquest Victory, 10,607 points.

leopalas: 930 AD Conquest Victory, 10,048 points.

klarius: 990 AD Conquest Victory, 9,949 points.

Other Award Winners:

Shigella: 920 AD Domination Victory, 9,905 points.

Durkz: 2050 AD Spaceship Victory, 9,777 points.

ControlFreak: 1430 AD Diplomatic Victory, 7,613 points.

Mark Cutt: 1610 AD Spaceship Victory, 7,216 points.

MiniMe: 1645 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 7,203 points.

Ancient_gamer: 1844 AD Conquest Victory, 4,825 points.

ionimplant: 1922 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 3,727 points.

warkie: 1904 AD Domination Victory, 3,544 points.

Great Beyond: 1910 AD Diplomatic Victory, 3,273 points.

Bonsaï: 1892 AD Spaceship Loss, 3,127 points.

Critical_Mass: 2010 AD Spaceship Victory, 1,587 points.

CKS: 770 AD Conquest Loss, 290 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the QSC results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.

Since one year I dream to win an award : best score for a cultural or diplomatic victory and why not a gold medal ! :D

And this morning I read results of GOTM 42 and I see my name and my first award. :banana: ...
a green ambulance :lol: ... Yes, I remember now my wonderful defeat two turns before launching my spaceship ... :mischief:

Can I do better in GOTM 43 ? Maybe ... :p

Congratulations to "real" awards' winners !

woohooo the cow :D

Congratz. But I pity RedBad. The cow is by far the worst award to miss.

Congratz to all winners, and Mark Cutt in particular. Also a special congratz to my esteemed team leader Durkz who beat me by two positions. I'll get you next time... ;) (oops, next game is deity... :eek: ) And Redbad, ouch...

In this game I tried to focus on a high score rather than an ultra fast win. I thought I hadn't succeeded very well considering the low 9k score, but seeing the full results I realize it must have payed off after all, considering I edged out several domination wins who finished before me. :) Good to know if I ever try for the cow.

Although I'm a bit disappointed to miss a medal by one place, I'm thrilled to snag the fastest domination award on only my third attempt! I've had visions of playing GOTM 60 - still trying to beat the big dogs to fastest domination - and am really pleased to get that one out of the way. That calls for a few dancing bananas. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Congrats to Ronald, Leopalas and Klarius on their fast conquests. Condolences to RedBad for missing the cow, and to Xerol for missing the diplo shield.

Now I can proceed with GOTM 43 with a clear goal in mind, :mischief: as I've been sitting at the beginning of the middle ages for the past week trying to decide if I needed to attempt domination again.

Congrats to all winners and I second Megalou in my sympathy to RedBad, it must be very disappointing.
I actually very impressed by Durkz RL time spent for the cow.

Congrats to all winners and competitors, it was a hard but a fun game. And of course special greetings to Mark and Durkz for achieving what I went for. Mark in the long run and Durkz in the short run.

And thanks of course for the condolances. But it's far better this way: all that red meat is very unhealthy for me physicly and achieving the cow on the first attempt is very unhealthy for one's character. ;)

And about the RL-time spent: I'm afraid the ongoing gotm could very well surpass that substantially.

@ niklas you are good maybe you should try non-sg deity. I alredy finished GOTM43 and am very pleased with the result

@ solenoozerec
well the thing is that i spend little time on all of my games becuse i do little MM.
and here i got to domination limit around 800 AD but i didnt thougt that i will get a fastest domination win becuse you know those guys who finish it in 300 AD (and i wanted to get an award) so i procided to get the cow and i built a few cities and built a few marketplaces and then clicked and clicked... so i finished prety fast, but sorry Red you realy put some efort in it

I got beat by 513 points - he had 67 more Firaxis but also went 70 years later :( . And this month's game is probably going to be a Green Ambulance. So I'm not looking at getting the full set until at least August. First top 50 finish in a while as well.

Also, I've noticed a dwindling number of [civ3] 's on the board lately. Looks like PTW is sweeping the table nowadays. And only two conquest class submissions this round? Looks like everyone's moving up.

Current Plan:

GOTM 43 - ??? Probably green ambulance.
GOTM 44 - Diplo
GOTM 45 - OCC 20k

I cant believe i got my first medal :dance: Its ironic cause i thought i havent done so well compared to previous games As Renata told me in the last COTM congrats i guess i will definetelly have to go more times to Conquest and Domination games to get a medal once in a while. Well, ill be getting back to GOTM 43 where im on the verge of extinction trying to get a 20k victory :mischief: Congrats to all, especially to Ronald and Klarius :) and all the other award winners.

Durkz said:
@ niklas you are good maybe you should try non-sg deity. I alredy finished GOTM43 and am very pleased with the result
Thanks a lot! :)
I'm certainly playing GOTM43, but being my first ever deity game I'm just hoping for any kind of win. If I win, I won't be anywhere near your result I presume. And nowhere near your low play time either...

Arrrr, your character's fine Redbad, too bad you didn't get the cow this time. Top ten ain't bad though, eh?

Congrats Leopalas on your first!!

Congratulations to Dynamic, the new #1 GPR player! :eek:

Jove said:
Congratulations to Dynamic, the new #1 GPR player! :eek:

Thank you!
I'm sorry SirPleb can't play last games. GPR system now is not allowed to pass a game. If one game is passed (both GOTM and COTM) - the player must play 9 games sequence for restore its rating.

Dynamic said:
Thank you!
I'm sorry SirPleb can't play last games. GPR system now is not allowed to pass a game. If one game is passed (both GOTM and COTM) - the player must play 9 games sequence for restore its rating.
That is a bit of a drag. Not that I'm looking to be number one but I was trying to get my first string of 9months in a row just to see where I really stand. Unfortunately, RL will most likely preventing me from finishing this months GOTM43.

Of course my first ever award in GOTM42 softens that blow a little. [party]

Congrats to everyone who won this desert start on a continent with 3-defense natives.

Congrats to everyone! Hey, where is a list of all the awards or symbols or whatever? I know I got one last time, but I don't know what it is.

Edit: Nevermind. I found it. :blush:

Top Bottom