The Wheel of Time world, anyone intrested in making it?

[Valhall]

Chieftain
Hi
Im a big fan of The Wheel of Time.
Im also a big fan of Civilization.

But I don't have a clue about making worlds, units and such for Civ, but I know alot of you do.
So my question is, couldnt any of you make the WoT map and perhaps units like Blademaster, Aes Sedai etc. etc.
And the diffrent nations that are in WoT, Andor, Tear etc. etc.
Perhaps even Arthur Hawking.

I might be a too big a task, I don't have a clue. And I don't know if any of you even read WoT.
But if you have, and know how to do all this, think of how cool it would be to rule in the WoT Randland world! Think about it atleast :)

:king:

Hi!

Funny old world, isn't it? Two Norwegians meeting on the same forums having many common interests (I also like the Wheel of Time). I and a friend has toyed a bit with this idea, and actually played the Manetheren civilization replacing the Greeks (you know, with King Aemon and the Twin Rivers). It was quite fun because I used Aemon's full name, except for the n in the end - Aemon al Caar al Thori. Imagine Abraham Lincoln saying "Nice to see you, Aemon al Caar al Thori. Sit down and set a while. How is things going in Manetheren?". I didn't have all the city names, so I stole heavily from the rest of the Ten Nations (i.e. Mafal Dadaranell)

Unfortunately for you and me, I also s*** at making units, although I can perhaps make a decent map. So we'll just hope if someone drops in that can make units.

Hawkwing - now, he could be a great leader, but he would never replace a civ because A) we do not know the empire's name (what should we call it, The World ;)) and B) it didn't last for more than about forty years anyway. Perhaps the Aes Sedai could be a civilization as well, as they are a quite separate community... many possibilities here.

EDIT: A good question to ask would be whether we should add Seanchan and Shara, or if we should forget those. It may create huge imbalances if Seanchan had a whole continent twice as big as the part with Andor and Tear and the rest of them in it, and it might create troubles with expanding. Seanchan should preferably be left alone.

A good idea - replace Barbarians with Trollocs! Imagine "A tribe of Dai'mons sacked Manetheren! They took away n gold...blah...blah.

I think I'll stop now, or I'll get carried away.

Top Bottom