Roman Grenadier 1 June 2005

Wyrmshadow

Deity
Requested by Sword of Geddon. This is my 1st infantry unit so the run is a bit jagged. I need a good sound guy to make this a really good unit because I lack in that department.

Useful for Napoleonic to late 19th century eras.

Roman Grenadier

Civ Colored Grenadier

Nice unit. I linked the Musketeer sounds in the attached file, and they should work pretty good.

Attachments

• RomanGrenadierINI.zip
    574 bytes · Views: 614
awesome :D thank you :)

That's pretty cool :D You even added a blood pool in the death animation. I think the smoke effect (while impressive) looks a little too 'powerful' for a musket... Although maybe it doesn't look as concrete in-game with the transparency, so maybe it looks fine.

I like the sliding down on one knee animation and the musket blast is great! Good job.

Brilliant unit. The only room for improvement I see is the slight hitch you noted.
The smoke flash is a bit much, but I like it this way. It looks really good within game.
The game has some slight cartoony elements, and the smoke, in my opinion, fits really well.

The animation for your grenadier is amazing! Especially the fidget and death ones. :goodjob:

mrkingkong said:
Well what can i say?
That is a superb unit, and to say it is your first unit is almost beyond belief!

I was close to releasing my first unit, but seeing that i think i need more practice!!! :) :goodjob:
It's my 1st infantry unit. I've done a few planes and ships too.

Wyrmshadow said:
It's my 1st infantry unit. I've done a few planes and ships too.

Yeah.. like... 350 or something? Wyrmshadow is no newb. Infact, hes no old-ewb. He has been making units for like... three.. four years now? He is just branching out. Which is good. And frankly, I'm glad that he completed this request.. as Swoggy's constant bumping made me feel that I should be mnore active. And now I don't have to be. Laziness rocks.

Top Bottom