External Consulate T4 D1- War...War...and more War

greekguy

Missed the Boat
This thread is to discuss all wars in the forseeable future and answer any questions about them. We are currently at war with the French and Portugese. Is there any reason we should sign peace? We can easily finish off the Chinese, who I believe have 2 cities left. Should we put them out of their misery? Based on past discussions and such, most people seem to want to take out Persia and stop there with the conquest. Should we go to war with them anytime soon?

I don't see any reason to sign peace with either Portugal or France. We want their territory, and we get War Happiness from our wars with them (although of course we have to make sure our troops aren't in enemy territory too long, otherwise War Wearniness cancels out the War Happiness). One or two more turnchats should finish them off.

China we can probably eliminate in one turn; it's just a matter of getting the troops lined up. We've been short on troops and long on enemies, so they haven't been a priority.

I still favor annexing Persia, although we'll want to keep an eye on how we're progressing towards the domination limit. Unless they attack us (always a possibility), I'd wait to take them on until we're finished with Portugal and France.

BTW, in the future we may want to pick a few short wars with the civs on the far continent. The idea would be to send troops in to raze and pillage in order to slow the progress of those civs. Maya's capital is accumulating a lot of culture, although I don't think they'll threaten to achieve a 20,000 point single-city cultural victory. Still, we may want to target that city for razing at some point.

ok, thnx for the responses. i'm going to put up polls regarding china and persia soon.

EDIT: china poll up here

EDIT 2: persia poll is up here

I beleve we have aquired enough land already. We should have no more wars.

We have Cavs ready, China is extremly vunerable. KILL! KILL! KILL!

We should build some more cavs. We're going up against France, who has Musketeers. On the plus side, rails are nearing, so we don't need to leave troops behind to protect our rear.

Ditto Bertie, Furiey, CT.

Portugal should be the main target, because of Pyramids. They will help a lot to found 100+ cities....

Middle-Earth has quite a few cavs lined up for production in/shortly after the next TC.

Top Bottom