Wutai Ninja (Yuffie Kisaragi) from Final Fantasy VII

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Well, even though I had the completed model lying around for over 6 months, I've finally figured out Poser 5 for unit making enough to finish it.

This is one of the UUs for the AVALANCHE faction in the Final Fantasy mod, and is based on one of the playable charachters in Final Fantasy VII, Yuffie Kisaragi. The reason I included Wutai with AVALANCHE is that they were the last independant country to finally succumb to Shinra's military, and it still served as a haven of dissent against the evil corporation. The other reason is that Yuffie was one of my favorite charachters from the Final Fantasy series, and although she could be a bit immature at times, she was VERY handy in a fight (her second Level 3 limit break, Doom of the Living could just about match the damage generated by Cloud's Omnislash, and was one of only 4 attacks that could do more damage than the Knights of the Round summon. The other three were Barret's Catastrophe limit break, Cid's Highwind limit break, and Cloud's Omnislash Limit break). Basically, the Wutai Ninja replaces the Samurai for AVALANCHE, but has slightly improved offensive abilities. Like the Samurai, Wutai Ninjas need Mythril and Materia (especially the materia ;) )

Anyways, she doesn't have any civ coloring, but I'll see about making a civ-colored version if people want it. I've linked sounds for the unit that should work fairly well, as well as made an attack sound for her throwing her giant shuriken (ninja star).

Oh, the giant shuriken prop was made by Kinboat, so many thanks to him. Without that, I wouldn't have been able to get this far.

Download Yuffie Here

Note: Off-center camera angle fixed and new animations posted on last page

Animation Preview; Default, Fidget, Run, Fortify, Attack, Victory:

Attachments

• Yuffie.gif
    Yuffie.gif
    66.6 KB · Views: 2,173
Goldflash win First Post Rate! Perfect Animations of Unit! Engrish Fun Time Tomato Sauce!

Crack Smoke Need to Less!!

Great unit. I might use it in a Final Fantasy-esque mod sometime. She looks a bit too mature though. Yuffie had more of a juvenille, happy-happy highschool girl face in FFVII and she wasn't that tall either. ;)

BTW, isn't she a little "top heavy"? :D :p

Nothing wrong with top heavy. ;) My wife is too.

I think it does look a little mature, but still very good and at civ-scale it isn't as noticable anyway.

Ogedei_the_Mad said:
Great unit. I might use it in a Final Fantasy-esque mod sometime. She looks a bit too mature though. Yuffie had more of a juvenille, happy-happy highschool girl face in FFVII and she wasn't that tall either. ;)

BTW, isn't she a little "top heavy"? :D :p

Yeah, well, unfortunately this was the best I could do with the available Poser figures that I had at the time. Even now, with my A3 anime doll and V3 figures and clothes from DAZ, the only figures that would have worked were this Posette (Poser 4 default woman) based Young Japanese woman and some assorted P4 Woman clothes and props (the left arm armor and shoulder pads are from a Joan of Arc set for P4W, the shirt is the P4W turtleneck with the sleeves hidden, and the shorts are from a Kunoichi (female ninja) set, and the shoes and socks are from basic P4 woman sneakers and a schoolgirl set that I happened to find. As you can see, even with that it took a while for me to be able to mish-mash everything together.

I'm also using the same figure with the whole Joan of Arc body armor, the skirt from some Alice in wonderland set, as well as Joan's boots and Kinboat's gun prop to make an Ivalice Chemist.

I am glad that you guys do like it, despite some of the limitations with using poser. I'm just glad I got her as close to the original as I did. :)

BTW, I'm also in the process of making FF advisors, and I used the same model to Yuffie as the Trade Advisor (trust me, when an advisor is done properly (close to Firaxis standards) she actually looks a lot younger and you can't see any "top heaviness").

Yuffie is her name. ;)

It looks more like a bladed boomerang to me.

Actually, the 4-Point Shuriken was Yuffie's starting weapon. Some of the other weapons she had were a large boomerang, a combat-grade folding fan (called the Wind Slash), a Xena-style throwing ring (called the Razor ring, appropriately enough), a combat grade pinwheel (yes, the kid's toy kind), an oversized two-pointed shuriken (called the Twin Viper), and her second best weapon was a large origami crane (called the Oritsuru), which since it was found in a firey volcanic cave where you needed the scales of Leviathan (water elemental summoned creature) to put the flames out, kind of lends the idea that it wasn't any ordinary paper crane.

Basically, all these items listes (although on a smaller scale) were actually used as weapons by ninja (well, except the origami crane), so it's fitting enough.

Yuffie was a Ninja from the small town of Wutai on the Western continent in Final Fantasy VII. She was a "secret" charachter who you could occasionally encounter in a random battle in any forested area. Once you defeat her, you can then talk her into joining your party, if you pick all the right responses. When I found that out, I actually took a detour from the mytril mines and went around the forest outside of Junon and Fort Condor for about 45 minutes (during which my party gained several levels from killing well over 100 monsters) I finally got Yuffie to show up in a random battle, but I messed up the second to last response, so she snagged some of my party's gil and dissappeared. After fighting for another 20 minutes, I beat her again, only to miss the last question..... about 30 minutes after that, she decided to fight the party again (I guess she figured that with all the free gil she was getting from us that we were too much of a temptation to turn down), I beat her and picked all the right responses. It took over 2 hours, but was worth it in terms of experience and getting Yuffie to get started on developing her limit breaks early (everybody in my starting party was up to at least their first level 2 limit breaks by the time I was done fighting through all the battles just to get her).

Yuffie was one of my favorite charachters in Final Fantasy VII (I always did like spunky girls), ranking somewhere between Tifa and Cid Highwind (who is my all-time favorite Playable charachter from any of the final fantasy games "Shut Up! Sit down in those chairs and drink your #$%&@! TEA!" :lol: )

Great job :goodjob: !

Why didnt you leave in Yuffie's victory dance thingy from the game? Yuffie is my strongest charactor in FF7, better than Cloud at least in level and in limit break, so i've grown used to her jumpy, spinny, off-balence-y victory. Dont get me wrong, her victory you made is great, but, idk, its not the same.

Still a great unit, very Yuffie!

Because, animating said victory would probably require more frames than are allowed in a Civ III Flc, and even in Poser, doing such an animation would be a pain in the butt. Finally, all Victory animations start with the fortify animation and end with the default animation, so within the limtations of the game engine and my animating skills, this was the best I could do without spending far too much time on this unit.

Well, as many of you may well know, I was using incorrect camera settings for my first two poser models, with the result that they were noticeably off-center. Also, the textures I was using at the time weren't the best, so I went through and changed some of the textures that needed changing and fixed the camera and lighting. I just re-did all of Yuffies animations, and have attached the zip containing the updated anims to this post. All the icons and sounds in the original zip haven't changed, so just download both and paste the animations from the new version over the old version animations.

Attachments

• Yuffie1.zip
    386 KB · Views: 218
woot! yuffie! i liek her ;)

lookin good

Top Bottom