World Maps

Lord Parkin

aka emperor
Mini World - This map is a tiny (60x60) map of the world that I made specially for people like me who love to play on tiny maps. I have made it as accurate as possible, although due to the fact that the map is so small, the features are inevitabley a bit distorted. The only things I have deliberately altered are the placement of the Caspian Sea, which I have moved northeast slightly to prevent access to it from the Mediterranian; I have cut off part of Africa just below Spain to allow naval access to the Mediterranian; and I have made Greenland mountainous to prevent it being mass settled.

Mini World 2 - Mini World 2 is a Small 80x80 world map (Mini World was a Tiny 60x60 map). So you've got six players instead of four. Still great fun to play, though. Enjoy! :)

Mini World: Reversed - Of course I just couldn't resist switching the land and water around on Mini World, so now there's a new map: Mini World - Reversed! Because there's now about 75% land, there's more territory to conquer and more resources to use up. And you're still playing on good ol' earth - just on the seabed! Enjoy the map.

Maxi World [NEW!!!]: This is, very simply, an extremely accurate and precise 160x160 map of the world for Civilization III: Conquests. I have done my best to keep all terrain as close as possible to the real world equivalents (though I have used some "artistic license" with terrain type in a certain few places to make the map a bit more balanced). I'm very proud of this map - it took me one heck of a long time to do, but the end result is very pleasing. :D NOTES: The "clean" version is an unplayable map, meant only for modders. The "resourced" version is for those who want to actually play on the map... starting locations were placed by me, and so are fair, though resources were generated randomly to save time, so may be slightly unevenly distributed (they should still be okay though).

So anyway... enjoy conquering the Earth!!!

EDIT: Screenshots!!! :D
Mini World (60x60 - Tiny):

Mini World 2 (80x80 - Small):

Mini World - Reversed (60x60 - Tiny):

Maxi World (160x160 - Huge):

Attachments

• Mini World (Parkin Creations).zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 1,399
  • Mini World 2 update (Parkin Creations).zip
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,863
  • Mini World - Reversed (Parkin Creations).zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 790
  • Maxi World clean (Parkin Creations).zip
    35.3 KB · Views: 61,686
  • Maxi World resourced (Parkin Creations).zip
    37.1 KB · Views: 4,083
thanks so much! i got really sick of these huge world maps with 2mins of loading/waiting at the end of each turn. i will play on these maps a LOT!
thanks!

No problem. :) The long turn lag is the majority of the reason why I usually avoid huge maps too. ;)

Thanks Dude. Those huge world maps are gorgeous to behold, but I don't have the patience to wait 2 minutes between turns.

These will get lots of use.

you are :king: for the day.

Thanks! :D

I love the third one :) I am making a map just like it.

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing a couple more "wacky world maps"... one with an East/West flip, and one with a North/South flip. :D :)

Um... dude, read the first post. ;) I've already done the land-sea switch one!!! :lol: :crazyeye:

Well, I'll probably be doing a Conquests version of the proper world map in a couple of weeks. (It'll be 160x160... a size that I don't believe anyone's done yet. Although if you know of anyone that's done such a map, could you let me know? :) ) I probably won't have time to do a "reversed" version of it, though.

Cool map it would have been cooler if you had based elevation on the real ocean floor

I think I did... at least, somewhat. You're right though, would be cool to do a completely accurate "inverse" version, with mountains at the deepest points, etc. I might fix that up later on sometime. :)

I was thinking more of haveing the real mountain ranges be mountain ranges onthe map but it is your map and i dont want to put in to much of my own creative input.

No, that's fine, creative input is always helpful. :)

Sounds like you're thinking of following the actual elevation on the ocean floor, which is cool... but just think about it for a sec, that would mean that the majority of the map would have to be mountains or hills (because the flat terrain would only be the deepest points). And that wouldn't work too well for gameplay purposes... ;)

The mini map is great fun, played it last night in regent and won (domination). Thanks!

Cool. :cool: Just out of curiousity, which mini map did you use? The Tiny 60x60 or the Small 80x80 one? :)

Screenies attached to the first post. :)

Nice maps. My only complaint with the first map is that the eurasian/african starts have way more space to expand into.

Yeah, I know, but being such a small map (and having to stick to the exact map layout of the world), it really couldn't be helped. ;) I did consider having three civs on the Euro-Asian-African continent and just one on the Americas, but then that would be even worse, because the American civ would not only have more land, they'd also have a whole island to themselves. Considering the options, I felt that two civs on each major land mass was the fairest way to go. :)

Top Bottom