WWII Turkish Rifleman (26.06.05)

W.i.n.t.e.r

Frozen!

WWII Turkish Rifleman (Neutral) v.1.0

get it here, at my units section (post 5)

Note: To all you epic game Ottoman fans, WWII-Scenario experts and What-if-World builders- here is your genuine Turkish Rifleman Soldier as appeared in the period of WWII.

"At the start of World War II, Turkey was bound to Britain and France by the Tripartite Alliance of October 1939, but declared itself a non-belligerent on June 26, 1940, shortly after the French surrender to Germany. Adolf Hitler established the terms of Germany’s observance of Turkish neutrality in a letter to President Inonu in March 1941, at the time the German forces invaded Yugoslavia and moved through Bulgaria to crush Greece.

The inviolability of Turkey’s frontier would be guaranteed and German troops would be allowed no closer than 20 miles from the Bulgarian-Turkish border. The German-Turkish Treaty of Friendship of June 18, 1941, confirmed these guarantees of the integrity of the Turkish borders and added the mutual undertaking to make no hostile action, directly or indirectly, against each other... During the World War II Turkey exported scarce chrome ore to Germany, where the valuable mineral was in short supply."

While never entering WWII (and at its end at least formaly dealing with the Allies), historicaly pro-Axis Turkey was a significant power factor in the superbly strong strategic position of guarding the "Gate towards Asia" in between the warring World Powers, yet seemingly too weak to openly venture towards either side. What if with a German success in Africa the Turkish Republic had joined the Axis powers to draw Allied forces onto new battlefields, the resource-rich Bosporus and Anatolia, thus harmfuly threatening the weakly defended British supply lines between Asia and Africa, outflanking the Western Allies in aid of Rommel's 'Afrika Korps'? Or perhaps Turky would yield the key for a successfull Axis campaign against oil-rich Soviet Caucasus. Get this unit and find out ;) Njoy!

Is it just me, or are his knees knocking with fear in the preview?

Hey... glad you're back in business! Great unit conversion... I love your work and am looking forward to future releases!

Top Bottom