COM2 - n00bile deities

commodified

Calculator
Welcome everybody! This SG is for anybody who has never beaten deity, either in an SG or solo--deity n00bs, IOW.

Map: Standard 70% archipelago. Wet, temperate, 5 billion years, Iroquois. Random enemies. No barbs.

Version: Conquests 1.22

The only prerequisite I ask for is evidence of at least one solo emperor or demigod victory (if I don't know who you are).

ROSTER is full

Whomp
Leha
Nikodemus
MjM
commodified
pindicator

I have planty emperor victories, but I never even tried deity. So, looks like I'm perfect deity n00b. :)

Checking in.
I am going to beat deity on a solo but it's on an arch, as the dutch and a two cow river start. With that said it's not a done deal.

I would suggest a arch standard map with a ag civ.

:devil: lurker's comment:

Dropping by to bedevil you all with pointless commentary and rabid rants. :devil:

After some consideration I decided I'd like sign up for this game if possible. I haven't actually participated in an SG before, but I've been lurking on the SG board since some time last year. I can usually beat the AI on Emperor given a reasonable start and also have one victory on Demigod, but haven't even tried Deity yet.

Welcome Nikodemus. :beer:
The hardest thing for your first SG is how to post pictures. Idiots like me like pictures. If you have a handle on that....life's good.

I would do 60% water. I think we'll have an advantage as is on archs.

Oh come on MP. I did the same thing. I am total mush.
It's in your blood....you can not resist.
Is this conquests?

I have C3C 1.22 so it shouldn't matter.

I've done readily well at Emperor, limited success in DG, and always too scared to try Diety :lol: COTM13 beat me down, but I stayed competitive until an 100k loss. I'd certainly hope to be a part of this.

I think we have a team.
Commander Commodified
Leha
Nicodemus
MjM
Pindicator
and myself

Bede as :devil:

It's vanilla right? Can someone give me a quick refresher. I know there's no philo sling, maps trade earlier, more resources...what else?

Votes for civ, map type, barb level, AI?

I would like to try Iroquois on arch 60% water, sedentary barbs and random AI.

Then we can throw up a few starts and discuss.

NAY! It is not vanilla. Sorry I did not specify. People probably assumed this was vanilla because my first SG was vanilla. Well, I have Conquests as of 3 weeks ago, so this will be C3C 1.22.

Since MP came here first with some that misconception, I'd like to first extend an invitation to him. If he doesn't want in, then we'll be glad to have you, pindicator.

Let's pick a first-tier civ, like one of the following. This list is culled from Ision's reviews, my own opinions, and my desire not to play the Chinese in yet another SG: Mayans, Persia, Inca, Greece, Babylon, Iroquois, Celts, Ottomans, Arabia, Dutch, Sumeria.

Does everybody know how to do screen captures? They make SGs a lot more fun to read and participate in.

EDIT: Does anybody know off the top of their heads what the difference between 60% archipelago and 60% continents is? I'm playing the former right now and the map looks basically the same as continents.

EDIT2: I don't think Babylon's a great option unless we intend to go for a cultural victory. I'm not opposed to that, but it would be a lot more difficult than domination or space. Greece would be better for space, due to superior UU.

commodified said:
NAY! It is not vanilla. Sorry I did not specify. People probably assumed this was vanilla because my first SG was vanilla. Well, I have Conquests as of 3 weeks ago, so this will be C3C 1.22.

Since MP came here first with some that misconception, I'd like to first extend an invitation to him. If he doesn't want in, then we'll be glad to have you, pindicator.

Let's pick a first-tier civ: .

Does everybody know how to do screen captures? They make SGs a lot more fun to read and participate in.

Mmmmhh

Ive been having a problem with screenshots lately , I have been trying to take some but every attempt has failed. Whenever I press "Print Screen" and try to paste into MS Paint , the Paste option is grayed out.

Top Bottom