WWII French Chasseur Alpin (July 9, 2005)

W.i.n.t.e.r

Frozen!

WWII French Chasseur Alpin (Entente) v.1.0

get it here, at my units section (post 5)

Note: To all you WWII-Scenario experts and What-if-World builders- here is your genuine French Mountaineer Soldier as appeared in the period of WWII.

As Poland fell, the British and French remained largely inactive in what would be termed "the Phony War," lasting until May 1940. There were isolated engagements during this period, including the sinking of the HMS Royal Oak in the British port of Scapa Flow and Luftwaffe bombings of the naval bases at Rosyth and Scapa Flow. The Kriegsmarine pocket battleship "Admiral Graf Spee" was sunk in South America after the battle of the River Plate.

Suddenly, Germany invaded Denmark and Norway on 9 April 1940, in Operation Weserübung, ostensibly to counter the threat of an Allied invasion from the region. While most of the Allies' air and naval units belonged to Great Britian, the French made up a substancial ammount of the ground forces, having sent a large number of their finest rapid response brigades to Norway. The Legion d'Etrangers and the Chasseurs Alpins (elite mountaineers) threw themselves against the German thrive to secure the northern ports and choke-points. Heavy fighting ensued on land and at sea in Norway. British, French and Polish forces landed to support the Norwegians at Namsos, Åndalsnes and Narvik, with most success at the last. By early June, all Allied forces were evacuated and the Norwegian Army surrendered. Beef up your French WWII arsenal with a few crack mountain troops. Njoy!

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
Note: To all you WWII-Scenario experts and What-if-World builders- here is your genuine Croatian Rifleman Soldier as appeared in the period of WWII.
Croatian? (Argh, ten character limit)

Yeah, I saw that one. Looks pretty nice. I think this one looks nicer, though.

Top Bottom