New Unit: M80a Serbian/Yugoslav APC (July 14, 2005)

Bjornlo

Deity
This unit was made for RADE. It was made using his model. Since this model was a little lower poly( and less pose-able) than most I've worked with, animation is not quite as detailed, but I think it looks ok.

Download the complete unit
Here

Previews:

default -> run -> fidget/fortify -> attack -> death
This unit includes

Civilopedia Icons
Units32 icon
Animation files
Attack, Fidget/fortify, Defeat, Run
Civilopedia.txt content
Pediaicons.txt content
--
The BVP M80A INFANTRY COMBAT VEHICLE from Yugoslavia, and later Serbia. Takes a crew of 3 and can transport 1 undersized platoon (7 riflemen). It is lightly armored (with steel plates) and lightly armed with 1 20mm canon, 2 light-weight Sagar missles (9M114 Maljutka) and a coaxal 7.62mm machine gun. It is has a maximum speed of 64kph (40mph), with a reasonable range of 500km (312.5 miles)

I just tested it and it looks much better than I expected, especially because the model is only 680 polygons.
anyway, :thanx:

Ekmek said:
Great Bjornlo

never got around to the Stryker?

I made the stryker I previewed, and was later offered a nicer model. Which I am still waiting for. The stryker I made is partially animated and all but ready to go. I just wanted to use the fancier model (if possible).
I am working my way down a list. The stryker is close to the top.

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
*applause* :) this one is really nice looking, mate. You are getting higher up a steep learning curve with each unit you make.

Question about size: To what unit has this one been skaled?
I used the Mech Infantry and Firaxis ww2 tank for scale.
Is there a problem with the scale?

Hats off! Very nice - and much needed unit, at least for me and my future Balkans scenario!

Celtic Warrior said:
Cool. It possible to have it without the crest so as to use it with other civs?

The details of the crest are not hugely visible in game. If you look at the preview it looks more like a two-tone blue cross then anything else. And it is what provides civ coloration. I will consider re-doing a versoin without a crest once I get through the fairly long list of units I am currently working on.

The thing about todo lists is that they just keep growing.

Top Bottom