Make a Palette the Easy way! The PEdit Way!!

polyphemus

join the long blue line
Pedit tutorial
Welcome to my Pedit tutorial. This tutorial shows the unit creator how to use PEdit to construct a CIV palette. The on-line tutorial is contained in this post and the downloadable one is an attachment.

TOOLS USED: SBB, Pedit

Both are on my Sig.

for those of you who don't want to dowload it it can be viewed here:
Pedit Tutorial

By Polyphemus

This is a Tutorial on how to get a palette set up quick and easy in Pedit

Note: This is not a tutorial on how to use SBB.

Open up Pedit
open up the story board that was created for your unit in SBB

To start off I will teach you about the CIV palette.

Here is a picture of the palette:

Transparent in-game color-last box

Place your unit colors here-rows 5-14

Do not use-rows 2-4

Anti aliasing colors/haze color-2nd to last row

CIV Color-first row

Shadow Colors-last row

boarder color-2nd to last box

Notes: In the first row make sure that when you put the colors in they have to be arranged from brightest to darkest

How to use Pedit:

Click the first box in the palette. This is where you begin to add the CIV color. Click the color on the image that is the brightest CIV color. That color will automatically be pasted in the palette. Continue until the first row is full. Remember, brightest to darkest.
mark off the next three rows with an unused color
then place your unit colors in rows 5-14
In the second to last row place the haze colors that surround your unit in that row
The shadow colors are to be place in the last row as seen in the picture.

Now click preview…type in 1…then 256…then ok. Now you can see if all your colors have been added to the palette.

Note: you can change the level of zoom by clicking ZOOM and adjusting it. This changes the zoom in the highlighted color panel.(top right box)
Make sure that the transparent in-game color is not repeated elsewhere in your palette.

Then when everything is set, click save palette in the file menu. Save it as a Jasc Palette.

There, this brief tutorial is done. That’s how easy Pedit is!! You now have a CIV palette that you can load onto the FLICster storyboard. Any questions and/or clarifications and/or comments are welcomed. PM me or post it.

Attachments

• PEdit Tutorial.zip
    184.2 KB · Views: 520
just glad i could help. :D

Questions, comments?, or is this tutorial pretty straight forward?

Transparent in-game color-last box
Place your unit colors here-rows 5-14
Do not use-rows 2-4
Anti aliasing colors/haze color-2nd to last row
CIV Color-first row
Shadow Colors-last row
boarder color-2nd to last box

now, once youve set the colors you want into each box, you can now include the body in rows 5-14. just simply click on the image and try to add all the colors in the image. There are also 3 different zoom settings for more precise coloring. Sorry that this response might be a little vague. I dont really know what you exactly need help on.

Top Bottom