New Unit: Ornithopter

Orthanc

Shipwright
This unit is mainly for the Dune mod that's currently under construction, but I'm sure people can give it plenty of use elsewhere.

For those finding themselves perplexed by the name, an Ornithopter is a plane that flies like a bird by flapping it's wings, just look at the animated preview attached to get the idea.

Anyways, I just realized that this is my first unit that isn't a boat/ship! Even the Highwind was still an airship.

Here's the file:
Ornithopter

Previews below.

Attachments

• Ornithopter 3.JPG
    Ornithopter 3.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 1,540
  • OrnithopterRun.gif
    OrnithopterRun.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 2,101
Damned great ... added to the 2 submarines could be part of a mad scientist inventor's garage/workshop ... for an Escape from Zombie Island type of game ...

It's the obscure units that usually end up being the most fun to make. :D

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

The Ornithopter... IN SPACE!

It looks even better flapping in game, with great sounds to boot.

:lol: A scientist would go crazy trying to figure out a way to make flapping wings work in space.

Orthanc said:
:lol: A scientist would go crazy trying to figure out a way to make flapping wings work in space.
Yep, and explaining that dark shadow too. :D

Reminicent of David Lynch's Dune rather than the Westwood game. I like it!

Cool ornithopter... I don't see where I would use it, but cool nonetheless. What prompted the pic with the solar sail in it?

Interesting. These might become some type of airship in my mod. I'll have to take a closer look at the attack first.

that is great unint.

Top Bottom