UKNES3 Reloaded - Forged in the Flames of War...

uknemesis

The Nemesis
Click Here for the Latest Post

Click here to send orders or ask a question by sending a PM to the moderator!

A wave of uneasiness sweeps Europe as the 19th century dawns. An artillery officer has risen to the throne of France, his power aping that of the very people he overthrew, while in India a British general is making a name for himself.

Years later, these two shall meet on the battlefield of Waterloo, where the Emperor's dreams will be shattered.

In the east, the Romanovs struggle to maintain power in Russia, assassination attempts becoming almost daily. In Prussia, the new order is uncertain, and in Italy the small states quarrel, ignoring the word of the Pope, who they are supposed to pay homage to.

The Austro-Hungarian Empire of the Hapsburgs struggle for dominance of an increasingly separatist Balkan region with the Turkish, while in Sweden hopes are high for a return to the glorious years of Peter the Great.

In Spain, the Moors are long gone, Castile and Aragon united, but the rulers have much to prove, while in the sands of El Alamein the Moors gather their strength, and could prove strong enough to once again bring their faith to Europe.

These are uncertain times, and it seems almost inevitable that the fate of these rulers will be forged in the flames of war...

Welcome to UKNES3 Reloaded: Forged in the Flames of War...

This NES will be fairly simple, following the ruleset of UKNES3, with a few streamlined rules. Please read the few rules below, and then join only if you are able to send orders every two days.

Provinces and Starting

The coloured provinces are the starting locations for each country. You may choose one of these to start.

Each province is worth 1 gold to begin with, and you start with 3 gold in the bank, giving you a grand total of 4 gold to spend on your first turn. To take over a province, simply move an army into it (this also happens against other nations. Move an army into an undefended province and it becomes yours. If there are defenders, you can attack, and if you win the battle, it becomes yours.)

To upgrade the amount a province gives you, you can buy the following upgrades:
Town - costs 3 gold and increases income to 2 gold from the province it is built in
City - costs 5 gold, can only be built AFTER a town has been built in that province, and increases the income to 3 gold from that province

Barracks and Ports

Barracks and ports must be built to be able to produce armies or fleets. Your starting province contains a barracks to begin with. To build a barracks or port in a province costs 3 gold.

Building Armies and Fleets

There are only two units in this game - armies and fleets. Armies cost 2 gold to build, fleets cost 3. They can only be built in provinces that are capable of building them - ie; a province must contain a port to be able to build a fleet, or a barracks to be able to build an army. Fleets are placed in the sea adjacent to a province. If more than one sea is adjacent to the province, the player can decide which.

Armies and fleets can move the turn they are built, but they CANNOT attack. If they are attacked, they will of course defend themselves (so yes, if you see an invasion fleet two seas away, you can build a fleet, move it to the sea adjacent to the invasion fleet, and let them attack you so that you get to fight them that turn rather than the next).

Armies CAN annex provinces the turn they are built, unless they are annexing another player's territory. If two units try to annex the same province, they will fight unless told not to.

Armies and fleets can only move one province or sea a turn.

Armies and fleets, when above the number of provinces you have, cost you 1 gold per army or fleet more in number than you have number of provinces (ie; 3 provinces, 1 fleet and 3 armies, you would pay 1 gold upkeep). This is already deducted from your income per turn.

Sea Invasions

Embarking upon a fleet costs an army its move for that turn, as does disembarking. These do not affect the movement of the fleet.

An example: You have an army in Iceland you wish to invade Normandy with. Your army takes its turn to embark the fleet, the fleet uses its move to move down to the sea adjacent to Normandy, and the next turn your army uses its turn to disembark and attack Normandy. The fleet is free to move again as it hasn't used the second turn's movement point.

You can load a maximum of four armies onto a fleet.

Combat System

Spoiler Click here if you want to know what the combat system is :
Combat is resolved by each army or fleet involved in the battle rolling two six-sided dice (I know they're die, but keeping with what most people are familiar with lol). If an army or fleet rolls 7 or under, they kill one of the opposing country's units. Every unit rolls, and the casualties are taken from either side. Combat then moves into the second turn, until all units are dead or have retreated (a clause which can be included in units orders, ie; retreat if more than half of you are killed).

Armies on board fleets do not have rolls in sea combat - fleets fight at sea, armies fight on land, no exceptions.

Orders and Updates

Orders are sent via PM to me (time to clear out my inbox lol). Updates will hopefully occur every two days, time allowing.

Map

Barracks are shown by white squares with black borders. Ports are shown by black squares with white borders.

Towns are shown by white circles with black borders. Cities are shown by black circles with white borders.

Armies are shown by small black or white squares on a province, while five armies in one province are shown by one big black or white square.

Fleets are shown by small squares in your country's colour in a sea, while five fleets are shown by one big square in your country's colour.

Armies on board a fleet are shown by little black squares on the corners of the fleet, or by big black squares on the corners of a big square that represents five fleets in the event of a massive invasion fleet!

Anyway ignore this and look at the map lol, you'll soon get it...

Previous Turns

Start
Start Map

Turn 1
End of Turn 1 Update
End of Turn 1 Map

Turn 2
End of Turn 2 Update
End of Turn 2 Map

Turn 3
End of Turn 3 Update
End of Turn 3 Map

Turn 4
End of Turn 4 Update
End of Turn 4 Map

Turn 5
End of Turn 5 Update
End of Turn 5 Map

Turn 6
End of Turn 6 Update
End of Turn 6 Map

Turn 7
End of Turn 7 Update
End of Turn 7 Map

Current Turn: Turn 9

End of Turn 8 Update

End of Turn 8 Map

Nations, Leaders and Income

These names may not be historically or geographically accurate, but they're just designed to be fun to play. You may alter them slightly, but not to stupid names!

The United Kingdom of Great Britain
Leader: (Amirsan)

The French Empire
Leader: (Emu)

The Prussian Empire
Defeated!

The Kingdom of Spain
Leader: (Jason the King)

The Empire of Libya
Leader: (Blackheart)

The Papal States
Leader: (Tyrion)

The Kingdom of Sweden
Leader: (Tommy Toon)

The Austro-Hungarian Empire
Leader: (Sheep)

The Russian Empire
Leader: (RoddyVR)

The Ottoman Empire
Leader: (Conehead234)

The Kingdom of Morocco
Leader: (WarlordMatt)

The Kingdom of Egypt
Leader: (EnglishPunk)

Cheers!

UKNemesis

Oh and cheers to Roddy for getting me that map!

UKNemesis

Finmaster calls Britain!

damn you amirsan. okay I'll go with Libya then.

france for me (unless)

Austria should be in 41 (Vinnea... duh) and it also help balance things out with italy :)

It's Algiers more than Lybia,,,

russia for me.

So armies and navies won't have any maintainance cost..?

erez87 said:
Austria should be in 41 (Vinnea... duh) and it also help balance things out with italy :)
Sorry its 32 for that matter... :)

No maintenance costs, scrapped that, and also scrapped militia from UKNES3 - these should equal each other out.

I haven't placed the Austro-Hungarian Empire there because I want it to be able to move quickly into the Balkans, where they can secure the traditional land of that Empire.

As for Libya, I just thought of it randomly, the player can change it if they so choose.

So erez, you come in here and criticise (wrongly, Vienna is 33, not 41), but you don't join up. Cheers, a lot of help there.

UKNemesis

PS: Sorry if I sound like a grouchy old man lol, only just got up.

uknemesis said:
No maintenance costs, scrapped that, and also scrapped militia from UKNES3 - these should equal each other out.

I haven't placed the Austro-Hungarian Empire there because I want it to be able to move quickly into the Balkans, where they can secure the traditional land of that Empire.

As for Libya, I just thought of it randomly, the player can change it if they so choose.

So erez, you come in here and criticise (wrongly, Vienna is 33, not 41), but you don't join up. Cheers, a lot of help there.

UKNemesis

PS: Sorry if I sound like a grouchy old man lol, only just got up.

Lol, so when can we expect an update? Its the first turn, I am sure we can get through with one update a day... atleast until update 5 or something? Then we can continue every 2 days?

I guess as they are the only nation left I will take the Papal States.

Top Bottom