WWII Spanish Falange Rifleman (27.07.05)

W.i.n.t.e.r

Frozen!

Civil War - WWII Falange Nationalist Rifleman (Minor) v.1.0

Iberian Pack: Spanish Falange and Portugese Rifleman: Get it here, at my units section (post 5)

Note: To all you WWII-Scenario experts and What-if-World builders- here is your genuine Spanish Falange Rifleman Soldier as appeared in the period of 1936 through WWII.

The Falange is the name assigned to several political movements and parties dating from the 1930s, most particularly the original movement in Spain. (...) The Falange was a small party when it was founded in 1933 by José Antonio Primo de Rivera, a lawyer and son of former dictator General Miguel Primo de Rivera, along with Onésimo Redondo and others. (...) During the Second Spanish Republic, its gunfighters became involved in street shootings with leftist revolutionaries. (...) The Republic offered political autonomy to the Basque Country and Catalonia and gave voting rights to women. However, with increasing political polarisation, anti-clericalism and pressure from all sides, coupled with growing and unchecked political violence, the Republic ended with the outbreak of the Spanish Civil War in July 1936. (...)

After the electoral victory of the Popular Front, Primo de Rivera was arrested (6 July 1936). Falange joined the conspiracy to overthrow the Republic. On 17 July, the African army led by General Franco rebelled. The next day right-wing forces in mainland Spain followed suit.

During the Spanish Civil War, the Falangists fought on the Nationalist side against the Left-led Republic; Primo de Rivera was the leader of one of the main groups within the Nationalist coalition, but because of his incarceration was unable to exert any actual influence (as a result, he was referred to among the leadership as el Ausente, (the Absent One). On 20 November 1936 (a date since known as 20-N in Spain), Primo de Rivera was executed in a Republican prison, giving him martyr status among the Falangists. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_civil_war]More on the topic

After Franco seized power, he united the Falange with the Carlist Comunión Tradicionalista, forming Falange Española Tradicionalista de las JONS (FET de las JONS). Those who opposed the new regime were suppressed, sometimes harshly; Falangists also seized the property of opposition parties and trade unions. (...) Following the victory of the nationalist forces in 1939, General Francisco Franco ruled a nation exhausted politically and economically. (...)
After World War II, being one of few surviving fascist regimes in Europe, Spain was politically and economically isolated and was kept out of the United Nations until 1955, when it became strategically important for U.S. president Eisenhower to establish a military presence in the Iberian peninsula.

What will Spain do in your scenario? Download to find out. Njoy!

Well, I suppose I get credit for first reply :D

A nice looking unit, to be sure... but how many different copies of infantry do I need?

Hassenpfeffer said:
A nice looking unit, to be sure... but how many different copies of infantry do I need?

I don't know what YOU need... I like them all.

W.i.n.t.e.r has made all the unnits necessary for a Spanish Civil War scen, almost.

Basque Rifleman next? :)

El Justo said:
W.i.n.t.e.r's infantry conversions are one of the most unheralded additions any one civer has ever contributed. period.
I agree. But with your missing apostrophe, you had me scratching my head wondering just what Winter was (Civ'er)... too literal minded I guess.

nice work as always, the variation in ground units is a very nice flavor to the game. I just can't believe these are all done C&P. I would literally go insane trying it.

i know i love to toot W.i.n.t.e.r's horn but i must say that these units, when seen in-game, appear much sharper and cleaner than most, if not all, user-made human/infantry type gfx. they really do.

plus, the 'fidget' anim's are very cool and add another touch. it's not often we find these extras in other user-made infantry gfx.

Top Bottom