Bulgaria in civ4

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcbulgar(bg)

Chieftain
I would like to turn your attention to a civ which has been left out to long from the civ games.

Following the newest arc. discoverys i found that the bulgar az nation has existed dor more than 5000 years.Prove iz not hard to find.Fore example the city of Arkaim for wich russan arceologist has stated that this is the ancient city of TANGRA and the bulgars.The city is 5000 years old.And this is onlu one of the many.

Anyway the bulgars have greated an empier in kavkaz mountain whit administration az evolvd az the roman itself.The proof iz the fact that resantly in bulgaria was found a stone whit 40 titles.That not only speaks about their evolved stade far beond the nomad life but also speaks that the bulgars were more than 700 000 when they came to the balkans.

They have maneged to defeat :romans,arabs,latins,mongols,russans,turks,kazars,chines,indians and presians.For each one I can give you the preriod in which it hapend.Especialy
the mongols becouse the bulgars are the one to defeat the great Temojin.

And the most important they had more than 5 states 3 of them were empiers
and 2 existed in the same time.

So my request az fan of civ 3 and 4 hopefully is to include them az a nation.

well, I't help if you posted you evidence. I'm rather skepticle about it.

I would love to see many more civs. Possibly Bulgaria: certainly at least one eastern European besides the Russians (although Romania, Poland and Hungary would probably all come first)

Welcome to CFC [party]
Well, we have a hard tim to squeeze France and Japan at all in the game, so Bulgaria...

Oh, come on, I dont want to see my country in this game! It is humiliating! I prefer it as it is in history, not in "a game". Even now hundreds of westerns are buying our land. We dont want anyone else to know it exists so that they come and buy it. Like the jews did and took the land from Palestine.

Now about the proof.Here is the link to a site about stones older than the greek MONUMENTS.And the interesting part is that they are near scotland.Not even near bulgaria.But thats the answer to the mistery why only bulgarians and scots have backpaipes.And please see how this stones are called.If you want more please tell me.

http://users.utu.fi/mataso/orkney/ork3.htm

The site is not bulgarian if there is any THOUGHT.

And thats for KARAMAN:You should suport this idea.I`ve been reeding descutions in this forum for several days now,and I am quite desapointed that almost none of this people even know about bulgar hestory.And as you know the Bulgar states are the oldest in europe an one of the oldest in the world if you have in mind the newest discoveries.

arcbulgar(bg) said:
Now about the proof.Here is the link to a site about stones older than the greek MONUMENTS.And the interesting part is that they are near scotland.Not even near bulgaria.But thats the answer to the mistery why only bulgarians and scots have backpaipes.And please see how this stones are called.If you want more please tell me.

http://users.utu.fi/mataso/orkney/ork3.htm

The site is not bulgarian if there is any THOUGHT.

And thats for KARAMAN:You should suport this idea.I`ve been reeding descutions in this forum for several days now,and I am quite desapointed that almost none of this people even know about bulgar hestory.And as you know the Bulgar states are the oldest in europe an one of the oldest in the world if you have in mind the newest discoveries.

That link merely whines about tourists...I don't see a link with a superior ancient Bulgar Empire...
I even never heard of that...
seems you're fighting a war on your own here.

arcbulgar(bg) said:

That's not true - romanians have backpipes too :lol: . I don't know about the "great" bulgarian empire but we kept the ottomans at the Danube for almost 500 years and Romania is not in Civ4.

Even Irish and Scots have backpipes (being most popular in the world:).
Romania is too new a country. We ruled over your lands long before your country ever existed :)

For the sake of neutrality I picked this link.
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/History-of-Bulgaria

NationMaster is a vast compilation of data from such sources as the CIA World Factbook, United Nations, World Health Organization, World Bank, World Resources Institute, UNESCO, UNICEF and OECD.

Although I dont agree with some of the facts there (I am an utter nationalist) I think it would be useful for you to read about some of the history of my country.
Enjoy!

arcbulgar(bg) said:
\
The oldest in Europe? I knew that Greeks are the oldest in Europe, and anyway, bulgarians were not european people, they were assimilated by the slavic people from there.

By 1541, the entire Balkan peninsula and most of Hungary became Ottoman provinces. In contrast, Moldavia, Wallachia, and Transylvania, came under Ottoman suzerainty, but conserved fully internal autonomy and, until 18th century, some external independence.

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/History-of-Romania

hmm, they suggest Romanians are decendants of Tracians (what an insolence:))

In 1866, the German prince Carol I (Charles or Karl) of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen was appointed as Domnitor of the Principality of Romania, to end the rivalry and struggle for the seat of power by the Romanian boyar factions. In 1877, Romania declared independence from the Ottoman Empire and, following a Russian-Romanian-Turkish war, its independence was recognized by the Treaty of Berlin, 1878, making it the first independent national state in the eastern half of Europe.

It seems the Romanians gained Independence then! Good job, neigbours!

Well, the Great Powers of the Time surely did not want the great Bulgarian Empire on the Balkans as it should be from the Treaty of San Stefano :) Instead our country was divided again by the Treaty of Berlin same 1878 year :)

p.s. I just love world politics :)

Edit1:

Well, we are not the oldest country in Europe. We are just the oldest that survived to some extent as a monolith nation. Modern Greeks are Slavs, not Ancient Greeks :)

As for the assimilation by the Slavs, well, I am sure about the following:
Only Bulgarians were allowed to rule! The Bulgarians were the builders, the warriors, the law! The Slavs were puny peasants. It seems Bulgars assimilated them culturaly, while the Slavs assimilated them with the blondes :lol: Anyway they lived happily ever after :)

Well, Canada defended itself from you, Americans, and I don't want it in the game. ;)
Karaman and mirc, don't play that game. Probably Romania liberated Bulgaria a few times, and probably Bulgaria liberated Romania a few times, so what? GWB does this with France, since HE liberated it from the Nazis, not remembering he would be a happy British if it wasn't of French support.

Karaman said:
Even Irish and Scots have backpipes (being most popular in the world:).
Romania is too new a country. We ruled over your lands long before your country ever existed :)

For the sake of neutrality I picked this link.
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/History-of-Bulgaria

Although I dont agree with some of the facts there (I am an utter nationalist) I think it would be useful for you to read about some of the history of my country.
Enjoy!

Romania might be a young country but as a nation it is much older. BTW we conquered your lands several times as well ;) . We are not descendents from Tracians but from Dacians. :)

Yeap, you are right :)
During the Balkan wars your invading armies even decided the outcome of the war! :)
Yes, Dacians, sorry! The north of the Danube :)

Btw, you had Dracula, man! This rocks!

p.s. Please dont tell him that our politicians were so stupid we had no way but to lose. Damn you Ferdinand, and you Boris, and you Simeon Saxo-Koburggota. If I had the choice, I would behead them at birth. Btw, the latter does not even know Bulgarian and we made him prime minister during the last 4 years (LOL:). <Deleted>

Moderator Action: So far the discussion is going well, but please keep it appropriate.

Karaman said:
Yeap, you are right :)
During the Balkan wars your invading armies even decided the outcome of the war! :)
Yes, Dacians, sorry! The north of the Danube :)

Btw, you had Dracula, man! This rocks!

p.s. Please dont tell him that our politicians were so stupid we had no way but to lose. Damn you Ferdinand, and you Boris, and you Simeon Saxo-Koburggota. If I had the choice, I would behead them at birth. Btw, the latter does not even know Bulgarian and we made him prime minister during the last 4 years (LOL:). <Deleted>

Don't be so hard on yourself...we have more than stupid politicians, llegal software and <Deleted> here as well :lol: . As for women, well that's one strong reason I love my country so much ;) .

Moderator Action: Same here as above.

Scytale said:
As for women, well that's one strong reason I love my country so much ;) .
I agree with you at this point, I travelled in a lot of countries, and I observed... it's better at home ( :) ).

The legend that bulgaria is a nomad country civilized by slavs is absured.When slavs could build only small mud houses in the ground the bulgars maneged to build Pliska,Preslav,Bolgar,Biliar,Suvar,Fagoniq , forttreses whit inner cityes whit all kinds of social buildings.They builded their empier near volga before the slavs even thoght of organaizing into somting more than tribe.The facts are that armenians and indians have writen about the bulgar as people far surpasing the greek.Here are some fachts:http://tangra.bitex.com/eng/calendar/2003/1.htm.This is writen by specialst working on the ancient texts left from the armenians and indians.Read and you will SEE

Even if it doesn't sound very plausible to say they were a massive empire, I do know that the bulgars did have a considerable empire at one point. I still believe the turks should be included before them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom