Trade and Tech. P4 - Iron Working...

Do you agree with the proposal on the 1st post?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• Abstain

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

truckingpete

On a Stark Trek
This poll is to decide to see if we all agree to do this:

Furiey said:
I agree with TimBentley

Germany: Iron Working for Writing + 2 Gold
Persia: The Wheel + Gold (they have lots and we should get some) for Iron Working
France (they appear to be the cheapest): Warrior Code for Gold.

This should get us Iron Working, The Wheel and Warrior Code without having to spend too much gold.

Yes
No
Other
Abstain

This one's a no-brainer. I'll vote Yes.

Mr. Minister, do you have an estimate on how much gold will be spent on these three trades? Obviously, the funds for this trade should supercede any embassy funds.

IF we do the special session for this trade (I have seen NO response from our President concerning my request for this) We can do the first two parts of it in before the next full session. This will allow us to find out exactly how much the final part will cost compared to how much Persia paid us for the second part. We will then know exactly how much will be left for Embassies.

YESSSSSSS. this is an excellent oppurtunity to even the tech race and up our gold stores. the money we get will also rembursed us from the ransacking of civatonia. the extra money will also, help the argument for researching philo next at 100%.

Donovan Zoi said:
This one's a no-brainer. I'll vote Yes.

Mr. Minister, do you have an estimate on how much gold will be spent on these three trades? Obviously, the funds for this trade should supercede any embassy funds.

I can figure it out...

For a second, I thought there would be no meantion of this. But now...

I would think that the special session is most needed, however I would suggest that only the first two parts of the trade go through, as said by Furiey. Whether or not to trade for WC is still to be decided, and has no impact on the previous 2 trades (other than perhaps getting a better deal after Germany or Persia decide to stop being annoyed with us if we do trades 1 & 2).

Okay..this is a rough estimate...

I figure we will have 95 to 110 gold LEFT.

That's a rough estimate...it all depends what the civs give us for gold...I don't think they will give all there gold..heck maybe they will!!

IW is a pretty valuable tech and so i would assume that the persians will give us a lot of gold. not all of it but it think 30-a max of 90.

vikingruler said:
IW is a pretty valuable tech and so i would assume that the persians will give us a lot of gold. not all of it but it think 30-a max of 90.

Right now, if my calculations are correct, we'll give IW and get Wheel and around 56 gold. However, we don't have IW. Once we recieve it, it's worth will go down, and thus how much money. But you can be sure that they won't give us more than 56.

Edit: Math available on request :D

I think that's a pretty good guess Gerikes, I doubt that the Persian deal will finance the French one, but it will go part way.

The first 2 deals will show us the resources thus need to be done in the special session so further decisions can be made, the final one it just an ordinary trade - find the best deal and do it (if we still want to), there are no decisions that will be directly based on it that need to be made before the next regular session. Hence do the final deal in the next regular session.

It seems like the special session has been scheduled, but I would like to see what could be done to remove the third item from the list of things to trade in the special chat that has been scheduled.. It just seems to me that it was thrown into this poll unecessarily. Perhaps a seperate poll should be started now and ended before the next TC in order to get a better idea of if this truly is the assembly's wishes. I would hope you would show your support for this change by replying in the special turn chat thread.

There is an advantage to doing the third trade in the special session: we will see if any Civ has Horse Back Riding.

The disadvantage is we don't know how much the third trade will cost, but it's currently around 100 gold. If we only get 30 gold from the Persians (fingers crossed we get more) that gives a net cost on the trades of around 70 gold. I still think that's worth it.

At first I thought the 3rd trade was better left until the next full session, but now would like to see all three done so we see what the situation is on HBR.

I have to agree with Furiey.

Since we don't want to spend money on embassies, we really don't have much use for the gold except to secure more tech. However, I feel that learning the location of all available strategic resources is more important, especially with our last proper cities on the way.

The people have voted unanimously to execute all three. Let's set ourselves up for an eventful close to Term 1.

Top Bottom