Nero02-no science - Emperor

nerovats

Emperor
To advance my trading skills, I´d like to play a no science game.
So slider should be kept at 0% science, no scientists, no GL. Standard map size, everything else random?
Level emperor, VC space.

Team:
Nerovats
Mathias
Methos
namliaM
-open

I think this will be VERY tough. (If played not on 80% archipelago). Not a sign up.

Any VC for me, but could aim for space to force the nead for techs.
If DG scares people of I´m willing to lower level (not below monarch though).

We (Methos, Bede and SW) just had a no research space shooting, conquest loss on Emperor...

Emperor is verry doable, but in the end allmost no research was done by the AI cause they were facist... So we ended up whiping them out...

Halve a sign up (On the fence)

Several suggestions:

First off I'd go with less aggressive for the AI's. The more they are at war with each other the slower their research is. You don't want them at war at all, if possible. Being less aggressive might help. I recall Sir Pleb mentioning in one of his threads least aggressive was too little. I'd almost say going least would be too much like cheating.

Second I'd say probably Monarch for this, possibly Emperor. IMO on Emperor the player needs to be more aggressive to keep in line with the AI's which defeats the purpose. At least with a Monarch game you can hold back but still stay even with the AI. This is of course only my opinion.

I think if I had another go at it I'd probably go the builder route. Keep my economy strong to support my tech buys. The only time I'd go to war was against an AI who falls behind in techs and no longer benefits me. I'd also choose my opponents and pick scientific civs to help with research.

namliaM said:
Halve a sign up (On the fence)

I'm with namliaM. I don't like that we lost at our objective in TGOMTG and have thought about attempting this on my own. I'm also considering this one even though I'm trying to lighten my SG amount.

I'll join for Monarch or Emperor

namliaM will join.
Does everyone agree on random world?
Will set agression to normal or 1 below to help ai focus a bit on research?

Scientific might help to keep up the pace.
But if we play random we should get a couple of scientific civ´s too.
I´ll draw an all random game tonight, and use F.. to see what oponents we got.
Could then decide wether to take it or not.

We're Korea (scientific, in no science game)
I've set agression to normal

opponents are Hittites, Americans, Greeks, Byzantines, Carthaginians, Inca, Egyptians.

Do we take it or leave it.

Yes made everything random. Can pick a civ tho if people prefer.
You can draw a new one, or I'll do it tomorrow, it's getting late here.

I agree with Methos. I would definitely choose a commercial civ, either Iroquois or France. Expansionist is nice, but very short-lived on a smaller landmass.

I'm not to keen on Expansionist either but figured I'd mention it. It can help out in the beginning for getting techs. Commercial is the best IMO as our economy is what is keeping us in this game. The more cash and the least corruption allows us to buy or steal techs easier. Of all the traits Commercial is our best choice and scientific is the worst.

Top Bottom