Term II - Grand Fanatakosian City Of Priapos

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
Term II - Grand Fanatakosian City Of Priapos

The nominated site;

10 Good Reasons for nominating this site:

1. Close to Capital: Low Corruption
2. River Location: Free Aqueduct
3. Defensive Location: City on the Hill, City by the River 50% +25 % defense bonii
4. Trade Center: Built on a gold mine, access to wine tile, fisheries, river
5. Naval Station :Close to capital and logistically good location to prepare naval campaigns with supply from other cities
6. Sheltered from border conflicts, can become Fanatakosian Research Capital
7. Natural location for harbor and Naval HQ
8. Industrial Center, hills, forests and bonus shields can make this a powerhouse
9. Safe Haven, can serve as the last stand city for Fanatikos
10. Complete city location with a holistic solution to city parameters needed and completes the 5BC requirements as the last complement of our cities.

Attachments

• CityofPriapos1050BC.JPG
    CityofPriapos1050BC.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 149
VISION FOR PRIAPOS

The strongest commercial center of the nation, with gold, wines and fish shipped throughout the world from one of our two harbors, with a Collossus attracting trade in huge numbers. The full potential of Priapos with Colloseum, marketplace, stock exhange and 20 population before the advent of flight, is a full 225 GPT. The chosen site ensures a tremendous boost to Fanatikosian commerce and research from day one, and will make the Fanatakosian tecnology lead more adamant.

ROLEPLAYING SPEECH FOR THE IN CHARACTER AWARDS

Projecting the income of this future great city, that should be founded within
250 years, would garner our nation already 6 gold per turn in its infancy with 1 pop and unimproved lands, to 225 gold or so at its peak performance with stock exchange prior to flight. Then airport will take over for Colloseum.
Additionally, we get a wine quicker into our realm, we can trade for other needed luxuries, needed to make our cities bigger. Please do not listen to the
hollow, shallow, visionless, void, unimaginative and predictable arguments of the 21 Tile Adventists, an embryonic scourge of two-dimensional thinkers whose only source of salvation is tile domination, not the gold that flows through the veins of the vibrant and progressive Fanatikese economy.
Straggling like a barbarian tribesman on the Germanic or Roman plains in some tattered dried out forests, pales in comparison seeing the long beautiful river just flow through our golden city, people happy with redwine and well fed with fish from the sea, wealthy as very few of this Earth.

The Priaposians was never made for the squalor of the Embryonian Steppes and Shrubberies, but for the sublime and exalted life of succesful research and commerce. And if the Priaposians want to get some beaver, they do not cross the dangers of the frontier in an ocean of dried out grass on the inhospitable German border, inhospitable both from human nature (German) and mother nature. If the Priaposians want to get some beaver, they do not lay down sweat and tears for settling with the beaver, but worldy men as they are, know that the acquisition of beaver is best achieved by cunning, shrewdness, flair for business and bringing enough red wine and money to the table. If there is enough Priaposian red wine and gold on the table, there will always be plenty of beaver, and that is for every Fanatakosian.

With reference beaver, I was referring to that horrible spot squeezed between the German and Roman borders, some nasty neighbors for a Greek trader.

Size 1 Production of Priapos

4 food
2 shields
6 gold

Buildqueue planned: Granary, Colossus, temple.

FANATIKOS KEY STATISTICS

Fanatikos Population
Olympus 150 000
Civatonia 68000
Augean Stables 68000
Styx 33000
Priapos 28000

Fanatikos Industry Commerce Food
Olympus 7 17 4
Civatonia 7 6 2
Augean Stables 4 9 2
Styx 3 2 2
Priapos 2 6 2

Attachments

• Fanatikos1050BC.JPG
    Fanatikos1050BC.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 134
Congratulations, Governor! Good luck in the upcoming term!

Unfortunately, I have to object to your first order of business. The proposed city site, due mainly to proximity to our capital. This will be one of our five cities - we need each of the cities to have maximum room to expand, grow, and operate at their fullest. By spreading out, we can also claim more territory more effectively. Additionally, because of the way C3C calculates corruption, moving the city closer to the palace geographically will not be beneficial - the game uses rank to determine corruption.

It's a very tempting site for it's natural resources, but a bad choice in the longer picture. Let's move Priapos further out.

Octavian X

Thanks for the kind welcome speech. Unfortunately I do not share your sentiments on just grabbing as many useless tiles as possible to reach 21 tiles, that is not a goal in itself. I am not buying tundra, plains or desert, or not having river, I am not buying proposals ignoring optimal luxuries and bonus resources.

The proposed site, the only one applying the gold by river, will produce the following at various city sizes without landimprovements:

Despotism

Size 1: 6 gold, 4 food, 2 shields (BG river) 7G/4F/3S with mines and roads
Size 2: 7 gold,6 food, 2 shields (Wine, grass) 9G/7F/3S with irrigation roads
Size 3: 9 gold, 8 food, 2 shields (Fish) 11G/9F/3S
Size 4: 9 gold, 10 food, 3 shields (BG), 12G/11F/4S
Size 5: 9 gold, 12 food, 4 shields (BG) 13 G/13F/5S
Size 6:
Size 7:
Size 8:
Size 9:
Size 10:
Size 11:
Size 12:

7 sea/ocean tiles worth 2 food and 2 commerce each per harbor

Ideally suited for marketplace and Colossus.

Improbed

IC = DaveShack's "in character" game. From the Term I thread:

DaveShack said:
Other City Information

[out of character]
SPECIAL CONTEST

A special contest is being conducted in this city thread and in all threads sponsored by Olympus. To encourage use of roleplay, all dealings with this city should be conducted in the spirit that the RL person is representing real Fanatiks, from the "in-game" point of view. To this end, it would be greatly appreciated if all non-essential references to the game itself, game mechanics, user interface, etc. be stated in more in-game terms. As an incentive to the citizens, I will be reviewing and scoring posts in the city thread and its sponsored discussions and polls, with positive points being given to posts which have rich in-game cultural content or role play, and negative points given to posts which are blatantly and unnecessarily focused on the out of game / technical / number crunching aspect of the game.

It is undecided whether the prize for the highest score will be virtual in the form of kudos or something more substantial. I need to have a discussion with Thunderfall first. ;) Also points may or may not carry forward into future terms depending on whether I stick with the governorship and/or future governors keep it up.

[/out of character]

Well Regentman :) I am not in that contest till my city is built, and I need to talk numbers to counter the 21-Tile Adventists, that religiously believe in the number of tiles compared to more qualitiative issues like gold income per turn, city specialization, free aqueducts, defense terrain, naval access and so on and so forth.

DP Queue Reminder

Governor Provolution,

This is a friendly reminder that you are the next in line to run a DP session. Since my session is for Saturday the 3rd, I would like to see you aim for the 7th or 8th to allow for more discussion over the holiday weekend. However, our laws state that you may schedule your chat on any date from September 6th and September 10th.

Please post a new turnchat thread some time on Saturday once my game session is complete.

RegentMan said:
I think Provolution just lost DaveShack's IC game! :lol: ;)

I wasn't sure anyone had ever read that, as it didn't seem to make a lot of difference in the amount or style of participation. :crazyeye:

Thanks for voting for Priapos by the Sea, I hope it will do your votes justice.

Donovan Zoi said:
DP Queue Reminder

Governor Provolution,

This is a friendly reminder that you are the next in line to run a DP session. Since my session is for Saturday the 3rd, I would like to see you aim for the 7th or 8th to allow for more discussion over the holiday weekend. However, our laws state that you may schedule your chat on any date from September 6th and September 10th.

Please post a new turnchat thread some time on Saturday once my game session is complete.

This is my second request to post a turnchat thread for this weeks game session. If you are not able to run the session, please let me know as soon as possible.

Governor Provolution,

Here is a current screenshot of your city:

-----

Also, when posting your instructions, I would like to see the governors follow a certain format to make things easier on the DP. Can you follow this format?

Your Office Here - 1050 BC

Build queue

Item ---> Item ---> Item ---> Item

Worker Actions

Do this
Then this
Then this

City Tile Micromanagement

On Turn 4, do this
When city grows to Size 4, use this tile

NOTE: For tile micromanagement, I will be glad to offer my services to optimize your cities if you do not have the time or desire to do so. In those cases, just leave the following instruction under th the MM section:

I entrust the President or DP with MM duties to correct unforeseen events that may affect the well-being or productiveness of my city.

-----

Please let me know what you think of this plan. This will allow you to make as much or as little of your governorship as you have time for.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
President of Fanatikos

CITY OF PRIAPOS 775 BC GOVERNOR ORDERS

City Orders: Temple ---> Harbor ---> Marketplace (Granary prebuild)

Worker actions: Priapos SE Mine/Road ---> Priapos Wine E Irrigate/Road ---> Priapos NW Hill Mine/Road ---> Priapos Forest Chop (for Marketplace) then Mine

Tile Useage: As soon as city expands, utilize roaded forest with new pop

Call for garrison from Augean Stables, which has 3 units.

Governor Provolution,

I would like to call your attention to a recent informational poll which shows a strong majority of citizens wishing for a Library over a Temple in all cases for culture. You get more culture from it, and you get research from it. It also takes less time to build.

Ironically, you have also shown interest in continuing our research beyond Republic though you have no plans to contribute to it. I am sorry to say that without your contributions to the cause, I will be following a 0% research policy until we enter the enlightened age.

It's unfortunate that Priapos chooses to stand alone when the Fanatik fist is in dire need of all five fingers. I wonder which one of those fingers is yours?

Cordially,
Donovan Zoi
President of Fanatikos

Top Bottom