Term 2- The Augean Stables

greekguy

Missed the Boat
Welcome to the Augean Stables in Term 2, now with real horses. :cool: This will be the place if you want information about the city, have a question, complaint, comment, or request. They are all welcome. I will keep this thread updated with discussions and information as it comes in. I hope you all enjoy your stay in The Augean Stables, and remember: watch your step...

Mayor of the Augean Stables: greekguy
Deputy Mayor: Black_Hole

Current Threads
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showt...orums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=129390

Past Threads
Augean Stables Landmarks
Augean Stables Wonder Poll

Official Augean Stables Citizen List
greekguy
Black_Hole
vikingruler

Term 1 Office Thread

The Augean Stables- 410 BC

Attachments

• Augean Stables landmarks map.JPG
    Augean Stables landmarks map.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 99
  • Augean Stables_350BC.JPG
    Augean Stables_350BC.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 124
Donovan Zoi said:
Governor greekguy,

Please remember that you will have to post instructions for our upcoming chat, scheduled for Noon EDT on Saturday. Thanks!
greekguy has appointed me deputy, but hasn't announced it... I will post instructions but I am not sure how valid they will be since You can't verify I am the deputy governor

sorry about any confusion, but i PMed Black_Hole Wed. night and i left Thursday morning, so there was no time to get on to confirm his acceptance. Anyway, i'm now officially announcing B_H as my deputy.

Official Annoucement:

If you want to be a citizen of the best city in Fanatikos, the Augean Stables, then please post in this thread. You will then be added to the city citizen list. You can then participate in discussions and roleplaying I setup. So please move from the other inferior cites and move to the city where horse rides are free. :)

As my Operations HQ is based in the Augean Stables i will announce my citizenship of the Augean Stables.

Doesn't anyone else want to live in The Augean Stables? there are free horse rides for the kids and once our borders expand they can also chow down on all the sugar they can handle. :)

Governor greekguy,

Once your Barracks is complete, I would like to see you follow up with a Veteran Hoplite brigade. This battalion should be sufficient to keep the peace and ensure your growth to Size 4. After this, you should have adequate production to complete a Library in good time.

What do you think of this plan?

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi said:
Governor greekguy,

Once your Barracks is complete, I would like to see you follow up with a Veteran Hoplite brigade. This battalion should be sufficient to keep the peace and ensure your growth to Size 4. After this, you should have adequate production to complete a Library in good time.

What do you think of this plan?

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi

sounds good to me...i'll post my Instructions in a little bit.

Governor greekguy,

I could have sworn we spoke about this, but perhaps we didn't.

In order to begin the worker mission to Styx as soon as possible, I request that you cancel mining plans for now so that you can road the Eastern Forest instead. Roading the forest will provide with the same benefits as mining and roading the hill. Under Despotism, we not get more than 2 shields per turn from the mined hill.

Sorry to be such a pest, but I did promise to get our entire nation back on track. Unfortunately, in order to do that I need to find the quickest ways for us to reach our immediate goals. I appreciate the great work you have done for the nation thus far.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
President of Fanatikos

Donovan Zoi said:
Donovan Zoi

Or perhaps the library first? Our nation already has a barracks, which is currently not in use :sad:.

In order to begin the worker mission to Styx as soon as possible, I request that you cancel mining plans for now so that you can road the Eastern Forest instead. Roading the forest will provide with the same benefits as mining and roading the hill. Under Despotism, we not get more than 2 shields per turn from the mined hill.

Or perhaps mine and road a plains: more gold, same food, same shields. Takes a few more turns to complete than the forest job, but not much.

If you do a quick library before the rax, you could even take the sugar tile for this - ain't that sweet?

Donovan Zoi said:
Governor greekguy,

I could have sworn we spoke about this, but perhaps we didn't.

Sorry to be such a pest, but I did promise to get our entire nation back on track. Unfortunately, in order to do that I need to find the quickest ways for us to reach our immediate goals. I appreciate the great work you have done for the nation thus far.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
President of Fanatikos

sorry, i honestly forgot about that. i'll fix it in a minute.

Governor greekguy,

What do you think of the suggestion proposed by zyxy?

zyxy said:
Or perhaps the library first? Our nation already has a barracks, which is currently not in use :sad:.

You must also be made aware of the fact that without some micromanagement, your city will riot in about 8 turns.

If you could do me the favor of setting up your queue as Library/Worker/Barracks, we should avoid the riots. Then since we would have more time until Size 4, we can release your current workers to the Styx Project immediately.

Sorry all the vast array of suggestions, but I think this will be the best. Releasing your 2 workers now will allow Styx to reach its potential even more quickly, putting it in a position to help you out one day. And you can use your new worker to set up your fourth tile.

What do you think?

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
President of Fanatikos

Donovan Zoi said:
Governor greekguy,

What do you think of the suggestion proposed by zyxy?

You must also be made aware of the fact that without some micromanagement, your city will riot in about 8 turns.

If you could do me the favor of setting up your queue as Library/Worker/Barracks, we should avoid the riots. Then since we would have more time until Size 4, we can release your current workers to the Styx Project immediately.

Sorry all the vast array of suggestions, but I think this will be the best. Releasing your 2 workers now will allow Styx to reach its potential even more quickly, putting it in a position to help you out one day. And you can use your new worker to set up your fourth tile.

What do you think?

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
President of Fanatikos

i took some of these suggestions into account. check out the TCIT thread for details.

Info post updated to include a screenie of Augean Stables in 1050 BC.

I have also posted a map of Augean Stables landmarks. If you are a citizen of the city, you can visit the areas whenever you like. If you are not a citizen (i.e tourist), then you will have to pay a "visiting fee" to tour the great sites in the Augean Stables area.

*cha-ching* :evil:

Governor greekguy,

Here is a current screenshot of your city:

-----

Also, when posting your instructions, I would like to see the governors follow a certain format to make things easier on the DP. Can you follow this format?

Your Office Here - 1050 BC

Build queue

Item ---> Item ---> Item ---> Item

Worker Actions

Do this
Then this
Then this

City Tile Micromanagement

On Turn 4, do this
When city grows to Size 4, use this tile

NOTE: For tile micromanagement, I will be glad to offer my services to optimize your cities if you do not have the time or desire to do so. In those cases, just leave the following instruction under th the MM section:

I entrust the President or DP with MM duties to correct unforeseen events that may affect the well-being or productiveness of my city.

-----

Please let me know what you think of this plan. This will allow you to make as much or as little of your governorship as you have time for.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
President of Fanatikos

Donovan Zoi said:
Governor greekguy,

Here is a current screenshot of your city:

-----

Also, when posting your instructions, I would like to see the governors follow a certain format to make things easier on the DP. Can you follow this format?

Your Office Here - 1050 BC

Build queue

Item ---> Item ---> Item ---> Item

Worker Actions

Do this
Then this
Then this

City Tile Micromanagement

On Turn 4, do this
When city grows to Size 4, use this tile

NOTE: For tile micromanagement, I will be glad to offer my services to optimize your cities if you do not have the time or desire to do so. In those cases, just leave the following instruction under th the MM section:

I entrust the President or DP with MM duties to correct unforeseen events that may affect the well-being or productiveness of my city.

-----

Please let me know what you think of this plan. This will allow you to make as much or as little of your governorship as you have time for.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
President of Fanatikos

ok, you do know i have a picture of the city in post #2? now, i rather post things the way i want, so i'll continue to follow the format i have now. (very similar anyway).

now about micromangement of tiles and such. i'd rather give that over to my deputy. so if deputy doesn't post in the TCIT with tile instructions, then you have all micromangement powers over the Stables.

Top Bottom