Where should we find City 5.

Where to locate City 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
This poll will last 48 hours, is public, singular choice and will decide the location of Fanatikos last built city.

Options:
Priapos by the sea, proposed by Provolution
Priapos on the Steppes, proposed by Tim Bentley
Abstain

Since Governor-to-be Provolution was too humble to re-post the benefits of his proposed city site, I will do it for him:

1. Close to Capital: Low Corruption
2. River Location: Free Aqueduct
3. Defensive Location: City on the Hill, City by the River 50% +25 % defense bonii
4. Trade Center: Built on a gold mine, access to wine tile, fisheries, river
5. Naval Station :Close to capital and logistically good location to prepare naval campaigns with supply from other cities
6. Sheltered from border conflicts, can become Fanatakosian Research Capital
7. Natural location for harbor and Naval HQ
8. Industrial Center, hills, forests and bonus shields can make this a powerhouse
9. Safe Haven, can serve as the last stand city for Fanatikos
10. Complete city location with a holistic solution to city parameters needed and completes the 5BC requirements as the last complement of our cities.

There is much argument for having the placement for the ultimate city, one that will complete a nice cultural border and with all 21 tiles to itself. This is exactly why I applaud Governor Provolution's bold decision to stake out some territory that doesn't quite match those rigid perameters.

His site does not conform to the "blob of landmass" criteria in staking out the last domestic piece of our territorial puzzle, but who cares? Our national borders with Priapos "by the sea" will give Fanatikos some character. Besides that, the sea site is ready for use now! Do we really want the hassle of chopping forests and bringing fresh water to the "steppes" site?

I didn't think so. Honestly, citizens. Our workers can be used for much greater endeavors than a 1000 year plan. Let's break ground on this grand city by the sea.

Hmm, no "other" option. :(

How about 2SE of the gold hill? No river, but 2 fewer overlaps, it still has access to the gold, and the total production of our 5 cities would be higher.

You mean we actually have to FIND the city!!!?? Who the hell lost the damned thing?

No link to the discussion either?

-- Ravensfire

DaveShack said:
Hmm, no "other" option. :(

How about 2SE of the gold hill? No river, but 2 fewer overlaps, it still has access to the gold, and the total production of our 5 cities would be higher.

DS, a concern I've got is that we need to get this city founded soon. It needs to be in a good site, but it's got to be done soon. Without some exploration, I'm leery about the SE location. There is tundra down there - we might be moving into a site where city 5 has a fair number of tundra within it's boundaries. Now, I like a bit of a chill at times, but that would get a might cold for me.

Part of the benefits of the proposed location is the bountiful fishing our scouts described. While the tales of fish "jus' jumpin' up on the plate!" are a bit overdone, it's got to be good finishing there. Moving that far south could take us out good fishing grounds!

My biggest concern about this site is the overlap with Olympus, and the lack of any negotiation with the Governor of Olympus. The last time I sat on a court case where one man settled in another man's land, the charge was homicide (innocent - self-defense). Here, we have a group of settlers that in part seem too scared to go far from home!

I'm still undecided. Any comments from those pushing the various plans? DS - if you convince me, Abstain gets my vote due to a lack of Other.

-- Ravensfire

As Priapos can be a good defense against german riders, I would suggest founding it on the steppes.

Thanks for the massive support for the most lucrative, productive and strategically most fleixible solution. Those with financial experience is future option trading, would agree that an investment that will profit more 2500 years into the future indeed is a poor investment, in particular as we know most will be done in 3000 years.

Simple annuity can explain this.

Top Bottom