Desktops 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marine Corp said:
How exactly do I get my computer to look like that?
Use Windowblinds, that would make your desktop look like that. He is also using Konfabulator, which is a widget engine.

Ill repost my desktop screenshot since the old thread has been closed ;).

Here's my current desktop, I use to have a custom windowsblinds thing, but I got pissed off at it and removed it.

Other than that, it's like most of my other desktops. Clean and Awesome :) :

Aphex_Twin said:
Please, tell tell. How? ;)
In pre-2K versions of Windows, open \WIndows\system.ini in Notepad, find the line shell=explorer.exe and change it to shell=progman.exe.

In 2K and XP, run regedit.exe, go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion Winlogon", find the shell option, change it from explorer.exe to progman.exe.

MarineCorps said:
How exactly do I get my computer to look like that?
I use WindowsBlinds, YzShadow, Rainlander, and Konfabulator.

WindowsBlinds skins the desktop.
YzShadow adds a drop shadow to all the windows and makes all drop-down menus slightly transparent.
Rainlander is the calander thing.
Konfabulator is basically anything else on my Desktop.
MarineCorps said:
Which skin?
http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?SID=1&SkinID=4881&LibID=1

You should be able to google for most of everything.

Also I got some insperation to change part of my skin (its still the same skin) Now my start menu looks like this:

vbraun said:
Rainlander is the calander thing.
Hmm, would Rainlendar be compadible with my other widget engines (I have DesktopX and Konfabulator)?

Riesstiu IV said:
I'm assuming you're using Windows XP? How did you get FFVII to work properly for XP? It hardly worked on my old PC using Windows 98 without crashing every hour or so. The FFVII conversion to the PC was a travesty. It had so many bugs and even resorted to using midi music.

My FF VII start's perfectly under XP, although it used to crash under XP when i got to the Chocobo part of disc 1. Although the game worked perfectly back when i bought it from Denmark 1998.

When the game started to crash more frequantly, i had a look at different Final Fantasy VII sites, looking for a patch to fix the problem and i came across this.

http://www.ff7citadel.com/downloads/index.shtml

After i installed the 3d card update and Chocobo patch for XP, the game has worked perfectly ever since.

Oh, and sorry for the threadjack. :)

EDIT: Just had a look at that site again and it seems like they no longer have the 3d card patch for the game. Also i installed a Final Fantasy general Update patch that made the game more likely to work with XP. I have both patches (3d card & general update) on my HD, i'll send them to you in a pm.

I usually find a cool desktop picture and try to base a theme around it. I'm oddly enjoying the blue firefox picture a lot. Here's how it's looking right now:

Attachments

• blue_desktop.GIF
    blue_desktop.GIF
    144.3 KB · Views: 401
can someoen give me links to where I can get stuff like windowsblinds and stuff like that or where I can download them. these stuff look pretty cool and my desktop is just the basic XP theme so it's pretty boring

Communisto said:
Pennywise? Ouch.

It's one of those things that made me happy to listen to when I was a kid that still brings back good memories :p or something like that

Edit: WinCustomize. There it is. It's all pretty much there.

no comment

Here's mine. I like to keep stuff to a minimum to enjoy the wallpaper. I can never seem to find widgets from Stardock that are transparent enough to let me do that, so I don't use them. BTW Marine and Vbraun, how did you get your start menus to be semi-transparent?

Attachments

• desktop.JPG
    desktop.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 342
blackheart said:
Here's mine. I like to keep stuff to a minimum to enjoy the wallpaper. I can never seem to find widgets from Stardock that are transparent enough to let me do that, so I don't use them. BTW Marine and Vbraun, how did you get your start menus to be semi-transparent?
I think it has to do with the skin set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom