Heart of Gold spaceship 9-9-05

WildWeazel

Carthago Creanda Est
"The Heart of Gold is the sleekest, most advanced, coolest spaceship in the galaxy.
Its stunning good looks mirror its awesome speed and power. It is powered by the revolutionary new Infinite Improbability Drive, which lets the ship pass through every point in every univese simultaneously.
The ship is equipped with the latest in Sirius Cybernetics Corporation robots and computers with GPP technology.
Unfortunately, the Heart of Gold was stolen during its launch ceremony by the President of the Galaxy."

-BBC Online

The zip includes: ini file, 4 flics (default, death, run, and a very interesting fidget), several sound effects (mix and match them however you want), pedia icons, and units_32 icon. I am taking suggestions for additional animations- attack, fortify, etc.

Credit goes to Spacer One for sounds and pedia graphics. And for requesting it, otherwise it wouldn't have been made. ;) Also thank you aaglo for the POV-Ray tips.

Preview (colors messed up):

Download!

Sweet. Perfect for a Hitchikers Guide mod. I'm still reading the 2nd book in that 4 book trilogy.

the preview does this unit no justice, A beautiful flavor unit...my inexpressable gratitude...make sure you submit it for the monthly announcement thing

As for a HhGtTG Mod...Do I hear any volunteers for a Vogon LH?? :rolleyes: :p

p.s. 5 books in the increasingly (well not anymore RIP Mr Adams) inaccuratly titled hitchhikers Trilogy...but I recomend you skip mostly harmless

Simply wonderful fidget :lol:

And I didn't know I helped you with this ... thing :) - glad to be useful in the slightest way.

BTW, that ini.file looks really weird in my computer... :hmm:

5 books in the trilogy? Man, I only have the first 4. Someone has been giving them to me as he reads them. I figured the last one he gave me was the last. Thanks for all the fish or something like that.

Weasel Op said:
If somebody has a good idea for an attack I'll try it.

I think a "toon" attack would work best.

Have them open a door and throw things out?
Flying kitchen sinks followed by flower pots and wrenches.

Maybe have a whale come into being and fall?

have a giant mechanical hand come out with a fly swatter and have it smack away.

I'd like to see the whale thing. That was pretty funny in the books and the movie.

Five books? My version of the Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide counts six:
*The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
*The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
*Life, the Universe and Everything
*So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
*Young Zaphod Plays It Safe (okay, 9 pages, but still)
*Mostly Harmless

good on your work.

Hey, I was thinking of making this one... :D Great job, couldn't have done it better myself!
I agree with Bjornlo, a cartoony attack would be best...

Strangely, I was always under the impression that the Heart of Gold looked like a giant high-topped tennis shoe. Dunno where that came from. Nice unit, btw! :lol:

ok I didnt need an attack cause this is a flag or "treasure" unit to be droped off at "magrathea" for VP...

The ini file works fine for me, but I am new at this and there could be issues...

Young Zaphod in no way could be called a book, and is only included in the "Ultimate HHGTTG"

I suggested making a bombard that was petunias...seemed easier to do, but was scraped as unnessicary to my request...good luck with attacks...

lastly, if you read the books the definition of its appearance is totally different...in fact there are 3 versions...the one in the book...the one from the BBC mini series...and the most recent movie....the one from the BBC is more like "an elongated shoe" like mentioned in the book...this is the modern movie version

Bombard preview. The flc is faster than this.
I didn't get the palette quite right, so there is some civ-coloring in the shockwave/dust. I'll get that fixed later today. I have a class now and have to work on a project after that. Meh, school. Always getting in the way of things. :p

Comments? Suggestions?

Attachments

• bombard.gif
    bombard.gif
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,713
Top Bottom