popheads slight modification

beboy

Ut tensio sic vis
Hello to all,

I just discovered this site after years of playing Civ3 and man! it really gave to this game a second life!
Anyway, here is a little contribution from me. I was growing tired of some popheads, especially American and Middle-Eastern females, who were neither looking Native in the first case nor Arabic in the second. Hope it will be usefull to somebody else..

Little update
Ok, I tested ingame the popheads and there was a couple of problems with the American woman, especially with the civ color and the woman of industrial time was looking strange. Anyway, I tried to fix it. It's better now but it's still not perfect. I'll try to work on it later.

Attachments

• popHeads.pcx
    258.1 KB · Views: 825
Glad youl like them :) . BTW, I made two other little changes some may find interesting. One to the mines and I create a new ressource: spring water. The mine is a mixture from Niessuh's Light mine and and another mine modified by Aaglo(?-not sure) . The well for spring water may seems silly first, but let's not forget that water is a decisive strategic ressource. It can be interesting to allow it's location only in tundra, hill and mountains, and to give it a bonus to food. You know these locations where your cities never grow because of the lack of plains or grassland. :mischief:

Attachments

• resources.pcx
    17.1 KB · Views: 339
  • TerrainBuildings.PCX
    27.9 KB · Views: 400
Here is a preview of both.

Attachments

• mines&well.jpg
    mines&well.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 916
Thanks!! This is a GREAT idea Pounder!! I think it sould be great to have a water tower+the mine entrance+a mine tower. I made a little something but I have problem with the pcx file since I cannot maintain the right color for the water (light blue) and I don't know how to change the range of color in Photoshop. Right now, it still look like a water tower, but a capped water tower. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• TerrainBuildings.pcx
    29.2 KB · Views: 266
  • Problem_water.jpg
    Problem_water.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 370
Sword_Of_Geddon said:
Thanks for making these

You're welcome.. I though this thread was dead in the meandering of CFC and it's nice to see it revive for a while. :)

As a matter of fact Sword of Geddon, I have seen your request thread for South East Asian Popheads and I was thinking: it might be possible to modified the Arabian Woman I made to make her look like a South Eastern Asian Woman... I may give it a try in 3 weeks, when I'll have my computer back. I'll see also what I can do for the South Eastern Asian man; but there, I'll have to start from scratch.

I'm really glad this thread was resurrected. I rarely peruse this forum, and so miss a lot of stuff...including these awesome popheads!

Top Bottom