The Overwhleming Steppe Tribes

mastertyguy

I'm tired!
Let's play a little concept game with the most successful conquerors of all times: the Mongols. The Mongols didn't need infantry for their wars. Under Genghis Khaan, they didn't care about stone buildings in their capital, until they had too much luxuries and had to stock them somewhere. They didn't build any city but Avarga, the capital, which only use was to be a capital. They didn't like irrigations since they were bad for horses. They were also great archers and horse riders.

Civ: Mongols MODDED: start with wheel, warrior code and horseback riding
Map: 60% Pangea, Standard, rolled up so I have horse (you'll see why) and so I am not on the coast (Mongols a coastal civ?)
opponents: Random
level: Emperor
victory: conquest, dom

VARIANTS

1- No infantry units
I can't build:
-the spearman upgrade path (I don't know about the MI, we'll see)
-the warrior upgrade path
-crusaders

2- OBC (one built city)
I must not build any city but my capital

3- No stone buildings in the capital
In my capital, I can't build:
- temple and up
- library and up
- bank and up
I can build everything else, including markets, barracks and harbor (but I won't have to)

3- Irrigation rules
3.1 My army must have a clear path with no irrigations to go to war
3.2 I must not irrigate in Avarga's 21 tiles

4- WAR!!!
I must attack any civ who insults me by:
- demanding anything
- wants me to get out of his territory
- doesn't get out of my territory
- breaks a deal with me
- any other thing I'll think about during the game

What do you think about this?

DvD-IT said:
Nice you changed avatar :)
:) :D :) first time ever somebody says that to me! You made my day!
Here is the start:

I sent the worker on the horse, started Alphabet and scout. In 3800, I finished the road, and changed prod to horse. I ended this play session in 3500 BC, as I have homeworks [which should already be finished]

I think he's had that avatar for a while. Good luck. You CAN keep captured cities, right?

As I decided not to do my homeworks, I continued playing. :evil:
In 3450, my scout stepped on a volcano. Bad things happened...
In 3400, I finished my first horse and started barracks.
In 3350, I encountered the Romans
In 3100, I finished barracks and started another horse
In 2250, I discovered Alphabet and started Writing
My objective, for now, is to attack Rome. I'll build 4-5 horses, then goodbye Rome.
Want a map?

In 2210, Rome settled a little near my borders (near the gems). It will be there. My horses will take Cumae.
In 1950, I encountered Korea, and trade HR for BW and 1 gold
I wanted to wait for Cumae to get to 2 pop before declaring. But they didn't give me much choice: they wanted HR in 1790. So I declared war. I autorazed Cumae on the same turn.
I attacked Antium (on the grass on the coast near the hills and the forests) in 1575. I was also autorazed, but this time I got 2 workers! Another map:

The ivory was under the clowds on the first screenie, so I think it is important to mention it. I'll send a slave there.

In 1525, I crushed a settler convoy and gained two more slaves. I saw another, and it was killed in 1500. I now have 6 slaves!
Then, I traded for peace. I got: Veii, IW, Masonry, Pottery, 8 gold
:eek:
I sent 1 slves to the ivory. The others were used for building a road to Veii.
I finished Writing in 1350, and then I started Philosophy. I started Pyramids as a prebuild for SoZ.

Lord_Iggy said:
I think he's had that avatar for a while.
Less than 2 weeks, I think. Before was the duck, before the nuke-dove, before the splinter cell 3 dots, before I had Bob Dieudonnée Marcellin as an avatar, I also had a quebec flag, and before I had a infantry (when I was a CFC n00b)

In 1225, I built a colony on the ivory with one of the roman slaves. At this time, most of my army was in the South, and, in 1175, I discovered where the Koreans were.
As Rome was down, my only expansion potential was in the South. Pusan was on a great sot: near incense hills, with a cow and a few FP.
I declared war in 875. At this time, Pusan was a 2 pop city. I took it on the first turn, and also got... Ogodei!
Near Pusan were workers. When the war started, they ran away. I was able to take one.
As the Iroquois finished the Pyramids, I had to change to the Mausolleum, finished in 800.
In 750, I encountered the Babs.
War was going well, and, in 590, I took Pyongyang. I got two cities and Math in the peace deal. :woohoo:

In 470, Rome settled near my road. OK. I'll have to attack them.
The war started in 230. I autorazed Neapolis, on the same spot as Cumae, and attacked an exploring spear, in the South, getting a leader! I also captured a worker. In 190, I autorazed Pompei, the city near my road. I sent all my army to Veii, to strike for the most important objective: Rome.
I striked in 150. I had placed 8 horses in range. The capital had no chance, and it fell without any loss. I sent all my healthy units for Pompei (same spot as
Easy win. It was auto-razed, but I killed a settler in there. But they also had a settler-spear duo. I killed it on the same turn, and my first enemy is down. I got Rome and 5 slaves out of this war.

just out of curiosity...do Mongols start with the wheel, or was this game modded?:mischief:

I think they start with pottery and warrior code. Only Japan has The Wheel, I think.
As I had now nothing to do in the North, I sent most of my units in the South to attack Korea again. I also used my workers to road to Korea trough to marsh
In 90 AD, I discovered construction and started code of laws. In 130, I finished harbor in Veii, allowing the luxuries in Korea to get to Avarga.
In 190, I encountred the Americans. They settled on the same spot as Cumae. They will need to be punished...
But first, I wanted to take the Great Wall, in Seoul. I declared war in 280. I had 8 horses and 1 full horse army. I took the new Korean capital in 300. In 310, I took Ulsan, a city east to Seoul.
In 320, the babs wanted my money. :pissed: I refused, and they declared war. In 330, I took Cheju, a city in the south. In 350, Wonchan, a city south to Seoul. In 350, it was Nampo, a city in the north. I traded for peace and got all their cities and mysticism. One of those cities was outer-sea, and I wouldn't have been able to take it without this deal.
I'll try to give you a mini-map soon.

Top Bottom