Removing Article C.

Strider

In Retrospect
My fellow citizens, I come before you today in an attempt to sway your minds. I know my task is impossible, the human mind is incapable of being swayed without some type of internal subconscious revival. Our subconscious decides what we do or do not want, then lets our conscious go about justifying it. Yet, my mind is set. I will drive forward, and allow no wounds to stop me.

My people, a proposal have come before us. A proposal that would allow us to spread our culture and might! We must not sit idly, hoping that they write our names down in history! We must forge our own history, our own destiny! Already the traitors are crawling into our midst, spreading there deceit and lies! Long ago, these same people promised us that this law would give our nation a worthy challenge and a breathtaking story! My brothers and sisters, I ask you, where is this worthy opponent? Where are the heart-rending stories we were promised?!

We have been betrayed! By those we called family!

On this day, I ask for the removal of Article C. from our constitution. Let us rent it's throat, and leave it bleeding at our feet!

Article C. Game Structure
No more than 5 cities built by Fanatikos may exist at any time. In addition, only one city from each foreign civilization may be taken by any means. All other cities that we gain must be razed immediately.

Why? This is a 5BCC variant...

Chieftess said:
Why? This is a 5BCC variant...

The point would be for it isn't a 5BC varient... :crazyeye:

Stuck_as_a_Mac said:
C'mon.. We dealt with this in the begining of the game. This was the great compromise of the begining and the vast majority of the people agreed with the 5BCC. We didn't do 5CC. We need to keep this as this is the flavor of this particular game.

SaaM

You mean this poll? Doesn't look like 5BC won...

Or possibly even this poll inwhich one rival city per civilization didn't even win?

5BC did not win fairly, it was cheated and slandered in.

Also, think about this. When 5BC was proposed, the 'supporters" said it would do the following things:

Invigorate the RPG

All the Roleplaying is currently done by me. 5BC did not help the RPG, it destroyed it.

A more challenging game

We are barely pass the Middle Ages, and we are already winning. Challenging? Nope, not in the least bit.

The Game would be shorter

Were just now getting into the Middle Ages, and it's Term 3. Looking back on past Demogames, this one is moving SLOWER then any demogame in history.

More Local level decisions (VIA Mayors)

Didn't work, I can't even recall the names of some of our cities, much less care about them. The President and Departments handle most of the groundwork.

It is perfectly reasonable to ask if 2/3 of the people want to get rid of the variant. Not especially likely that this would happen, but reasonable to ask. :)

See also the Making it fun to be smarter than the AI thread.

Strider, while I agree in principle that the mandate for this game is not as universal as many would lead you to believe, there is the simple fact that the Constitution was ratified with Article C in place. This means that a majority of citizens at that time agreed with it, or at least didn't disagree with it to the degree necessary to keep us from playing this way.

The approach of discrediting the variant on the basis it wasn't a majority decision won't work. You need to appeal to the large group of moderates who don't really care if we play with the variant or not, and try to persuade them that the variant either doesn't give us what it was intended to give us, or harms us in some way.

[edit]You posted some of that rationale at the same time I was writing my response -- but I think more may be needed. ;) [/edit]

I am against this, i would have liked to bulid more than 5. but to change now just means conquering the world. i dont want to do that.

Nobody said:
I am against this, i would have liked to bulid more than 5. but to change now just means conquering the world. i dont want to do that.

Why? We've already won, we might as well have some fun. Anyway, the large scale military planning needed to conquer the world would me more challenging than this.

Hell, even managing a huge continent size empire is more challenging.

The Demogame is now in worst straits than it was when we began, because we didn't do anything to fix it. I'll outline my plans in full:

Step 1:
Remove Article C.
I has done nothing for us, and is just making the game less interesting.

Reform Constitution
Removing Article C. will require a new constitution, and there are several changes that should also be completed. I will personally handle this.

Step 2:
Bringing back ye ol RPG!
I will personally handle this one also. Fun Stories, compelling adventures, and murder! Yeah.. and no hollywood rip-offs... those are scary. :shiver:

Adding interest in-game
Possibly change the format? We are already winning, and excepting sometime of mental ******ation we will always be from this point on. 5BC is just going ot drag the game on longer and longer. Might as well end it as soon as possible, espicially with Civ4 right around the corner! I wanna start up a Civ4 DG!!

Anyway, adding interest in-game, sorry got off target. Which reminds me, I've gotta go to target tommorow. My copy of Final Fantasy VIII doesn't seem to work correctly anymore.

You can't blame rpg death on 5BC, it was dying since DG4... The 5BC just failed to revive it, and I don't think anything could have.

If the game is getting easy, lets stop choosing our battles like number analyists, we attack an enemy civ just to gain a city or take some workers...

If the game is getting easy, lets declare war on all civs and not be able to get peace until they are dead... That would throw some spice in(or should I say gunpowder)...

Black_Hole said:
You can't blame rpg death on 5BC, it was dying since DG4... The 5BC just failed to revive it, and I don't think anything could have.

I doubt it, 5BC failed to revive it, because it had nothing to revive it with.

If the game is getting easy, lets stop choosing our battles like number analyists, we attack an enemy civ just to gain a city or take some workers...

Once again, not a problem with an Epic Game.

If the game is getting easy, lets declare war on all civs and not be able to get peace until they are dead... That would throw some spice in(or should I say gunpowder)...

You'd do anything, except admit that 5BC is an utter failure. Like I said it would be. Give it up.

----------------

We were promised a short game.
We were promised the revival of the RPG
We were promised increased interest
We were promised better elections
We were promised more local level decisions
We were promised a challenging game

Not a single thing that was promised turned out to be true.

And you are doing this argument now WHY?

Strider, we could've done this in the beginning of the game. We didn't. Can't you just go along with something that ISN'T what you voted for? Everything doesn't always go my way either...

Ginger_Ale said:
And you are doing this argument now WHY?

Strider, we could've done this in the beginning of the game. We didn't. Can't you just go along with something that ISN'T what you voted for? Everything doesn't always go my way either...

Because the situtation is still salvageable.

Strider said:
Because the situtation is still salvageable.

Yes, it is. Poll this, get it defeated. Again. And let us get back to the game.

-- Ravensfire

Top Bottom