What on Earth means "assland"?

Mirc

Not mIRC!!!
Take a look at this screenshot. What is this?????? I didn't do anything, of course I don't know how to change
things like this. SO, WHAT MEANS ASSLAND?

Edit: It's written in the down-right corner of the image.

Attachments

• Assland.JPG
    Assland.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 1,047
I would love to see what is going to happen next in this thread but I'm leaving the city for 4 days. Hope I'll find the thread after that. Bye!

If you have a city or a unit selected at the end of a turn, doesn't it say what terrain it's on in that box? Looks like the rest of the stuff that's usually there has just been edited out, like Padma said.

Padma said:
FWIW, to me that pic looks "photoshopped". ;)
"Roman Monarchy (6.4.0)" is a dead give-away. The game I have displays this information as "Rome - Monarchy (6.4.0)"

Assland? Wasn't that the name of the Lion in 'The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe'? Oh, wait. That was Aslan. Never mind . . . :crazyeye:

:lol:

-yope, the font is to fat... and just to "wrong" really.

Is it a good thing to be in control of assland?
Whats the food/shield/cash-ratio? ...luxury perhaps? :D

Mathias said:
"Roman Monarchy (6.4.0)" is a dead give-away. The game I have displays this information as "Rome - Monarchy (6.4.0)"

Actually, in Vanilla Civ3 pre-1.29f, it would say "Roman Monarch" not "Rome - Monarchy", so while most aren't used to it, it still would happen.

However, the fonts at the bottom of that box extend onto the bottom of the map; that NEVER happens in Civ3.

Ginger_Ale said:
However, the fonts at the bottom of that box extend onto the bottom of the map; that NEVER happens in Civ3.
Try mobilizing in GA while researching Motorized Transportation :D

Yeah, you probably have the wrong font. Re-install would be my guess.

The image was not modified at all. I can post a save (some turns before this strange word), it could happen again, if we are lucky (or maybe if we are unlucky).

Anyway, this word had to be written somewhere in the game. I'm sure that Civ3 didn't combine random letters and wrote "assland", because it is a word that makes some sense. If it would be random it would be something like "kjfrglsihsfb". So someone was making jokes with us. Maybe some modder made this just as a joke. But I'm sure this isn't the right explaination. I don't know if it's possible to change this.

Ginger_Ale said:
Have you ever tried the cheat with asking the AI a lot of gpt (e.g. 20000000) for 1 gold (Lump Sum)? If you do that you'll see the fonts extending a lot out of the box!

Mirc said:
The image was not modified at all. I can post a save (some turns before this strange word), it could happen again, if we are lucky (or maybe if we are unlucky).

Still waiting...

Top Bottom